Smc d3gn2

JTAG work on Surfboard cable modem.

Moderator: justsomeguy

nywuweilian

Smc d3gn2

Post by nywuweilian »

Just got this modem today. Wondering if anybody flashed this before.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nywuweilian wrote:Just got this modem today. Wondering if anybody flashed this before.
I have. The one I did has an SPI Flash same connections as SB6120. Unknown ISP so I used External Power.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
nywuweilian

Post by nywuweilian »

Thanks for your reply. I tried upload the pictures. But I don't know why it not recognized. It's JPG file. Anyway, you mean I don't have to find the ISP point to flash it. but how can I do this? I do have the 3M clip for SB6120. I flashed 6120,6220, Arris TM 802g without a problem. This modem is new to me.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nywuweilian wrote:Thanks for your reply. I tried upload the pictures. But I don't know why it not recognized. It's JPG file. Anyway, you mean I don't have to find the ISP point to flash it. but how can I do this? I do have the 3M clip for SB6120. I flashed 6120,6220, Arris TM 80g without a problem. This modem is new to me.
Picture Upload is size limited. You can upload to external site then link to your Post.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
nywuweilian

Here you go

Post by nywuweilian »

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nywuweilian wrote:Image

Not great pictures, But if not mistaken the SPI Flash is the picture of the bottom of MOBO. That single Chip looks to be the SPI Flash........
nywuweilian

here is another one

Post by nywuweilian »

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nywuweilian wrote:Image

Much better. The Flash on bottom of the Board (U402) Is the 16 Pin SPI Flash. Connections as I said Before are same as SB6120 and you will need to provide External Power Direct to Flash in order to Read and Program Flash.
nywuweilian

Post by nywuweilian »

OK, I know the flash is similar to SB6120. But I'm just not sure the SPI point.
nywuweilian

Any script file for this modem?

Post by nywuweilian »

Any script file for this modem?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

nywuweilian wrote:Any script file for this modem?
You first need to be able to detect the flash. Not that difficult to get. Once that is done you should work your own script.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nywuweilian wrote:Any script file for this modem?
FYI, Script and Test Firmware ARE NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!
nywuweilian

Well

Post by nywuweilian »

I'm having difficulty to detect the flash.Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nywuweilian wrote:I'm having difficulty to detect the flash.Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
I gave you all the help you need. Its your job Now to Understand the LINGO and find out what it was I was referring to.............
nywuweilian

It won't detect the flash

Post by nywuweilian »

For some reason, it won't detect the flash.