DCT700 Help?

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

killac93

DCT700 Help?

Post by killac93 »

Hi guys,
I just received my unit today and I have to say that I am new to the cable box side. I have to first get my product activated but in the meantime I'm going to do some reading. I have a few boxes that I'm going to play around with but I'm wondering what would be a good place to start reading in the forums. I've read around and understand the backup process and so forth but wondering are there any specific files to load or is it just waking up the box with what was on it previously. Any insight well appreciated. Thanks.
prence18

Read and you will learn

Post by prence18 »

this will help you out

viewtopic.php?t=6129
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Prence18, Thanks for the response.
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Okay I'm getting some results but I have a few questions for you experienced testers. I have a valid dump but I'm trying to change UID so that CC can't detect. I am using the latest version 0.47. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I just looking over it. Thanks guys!
prence18

plat

Post by prence18 »

load the NVram files from your dct 700. then select dct2500/700 testing. Look up top on the TAB.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

killac93 wrote:Okay I'm getting some results but I have a few questions for you experienced testers. I have a valid dump but I'm trying to change UID so that CC can't detect. I am using the latest version 0.47. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I just looking over it. Thanks guys!
you change the UID after you program the box. when you change the firm there will be a few check boxs. 1 of which will be to add the remote feature. after the box is all programed plug it into the tv and power off. hit the select button a couple times and it will bring you to the occult menu. once your there its the very last option to change uid. just go into there and change the number to whatever you want...
live your life like a beer commericial
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Justsomeguy and Prence18,
Thanks for your responses and I think I'm getting it finally. Only thing is that I'm not getting all of the premiums. I have the full backups and I'm still testing but for some odd reason only a few premiums. Another thing is that when I change the network address it seems to not stick. Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm figuring it has something to do with the nvram. Should I be using the sub nvram or the unit's original? Thanks!
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

killac93 wrote:Justsomeguy and Prence18,
Thanks for your responses and I think I'm getting it finally. Only thing is that I'm not getting all of the premiums. I have the full backups and I'm still testing but for some odd reason only a few premiums. Another thing is that when I change the network address it seems to not stick. Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm figuring it has something to do with the nvram. Should I be using the sub nvram or the unit's original? Thanks!
well did you have all the premiums sub'd to? cause remember you will only get whatever channels were sub'd to the box. also when you change the UID after you change the uid and hit select/ok does the box reset? then you go back into the menu to check to see if the numbers changed is that what you did?. ....also what are you talking about sub nvram?
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

I think he is talking about network address not UID.
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Justsomeguy,
The sub unit has all premiums but I'm only getting one so I'm not sure why this happens just yet. I only get one premium pack. I'm still reading and of course testing but still can't seem to figure the network part out as it never sticks as well. Finally got the UID changed so thanks a lot for those tips. Any suggestions on missing channels?
moddog

Post by moddog »

killac93 wrote:Justsomeguy,
The sub unit has all premiums but I'm only getting one so I'm not sure why this happens just yet. I only get one premium pack. I'm still reading and of course testing but still can't seem to figure the network part out as it never sticks as well. Finally got the UID changed so thanks a lot for those tips. Any suggestions on missing channels?
If you or using a full backup from some other box you will only get what the test box was subd for.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

you are not thinking that the box your testing will get the same package as the sub'd box do you? like moddog said you only get whatever channels were last subb'd to that box. you WILL NOT get any other channels then what was on test test box when it was last subb'd.

there should be a huge banner when you log onto this site that reads you cannot clone boxs and you cannot add channels that were not subb'd to your box..and you should have to check a little box that says i agree before you can continue on to the forums....lol....

justsomeguy
killac93

Post by killac93 »

LOL. You guys are too funny. But no I was thinking that my mod unit had all premiums at one point but can't remember what I ended up with. I can't ever remember having just one premium. I'm currently testing my other unit which I think I have successfully bricked at this point as it just blinks about 4 times and then shuts down. Not sure but I'm trying to debrick right now but no luck yet.:-?
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Oh yeah, any ideas on why the network address will not stick? I've tried this several times as well to no avail.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

by justsomeguy:
there should be a huge banner when you log onto this site that reads you cannot clone boxs and you cannot add channels that were not subb'd to your box..and you should have to check a little box that says i agree before you can continue on to the forums....lol...
Sure you can add some channels to your box.
It depends what kind of nvram you put in to it and how are the channels are specified in it.
I get box from my friend in chgo with basic and polish package.
And I put nvram to my area and I am getting much more channels than he had in Chicago.

I have 3 nvram for hammond In and in some channels are not even specified at all, so if I load that nvram with limitted number of channels, I am gonna miss those channels.
at kilac93:
I think I have successfully bricked at this point as it just blinks about 4 times and then shuts down. Not sure but I'm trying to debrick right now but no luck yet.:-?
That is the sign of boot and plat not matched what is in NVRAM.
Box is trying to update and then reboot, and is gonna be in that loop indefinitely.
When you look at nvram in hex editor, you may find out, that boot and plat is specified there.

For example : I have one dct700 with boot 252 and plat 326, I let it update itself to plat 346, and now this box has boot 252 and plat 346 and those are specified in nvram. If i load boot 309 then box might work, but when i reset by turning power off, the box is bricked.
So I load boot 252 and plat 346 and latest nvram and box is working without a hitch.

The second box has boot 309 and plat 346 and I have to load nvram which has specified in it :boot 309 and plat 346.
If I load other nvram, box is not gonna work.

Read posts by ubdm, he said that you should never change the boot.
I think boot is somehow connected to xc chip by software check