tg862

JTAG software bug report.
afterhoursalex

tg862

Post by afterhoursalex »

hi usbbdm...... i dont see select target for this modem in sofware... can you please help? thanks

or how to add tm862 xml?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

afterhoursalex wrote:hi usbbdm...... i dont see select target for this modem in sofware... can you please help? thanks

or how to add tm862 xml?
You need to tell more about the modem. SPI flash? Size of the flash?
I would use a similar xml first and see if it can work. Then make a copy under tools to create new xml.
ricktendo

Post by ricktendo »

SPI read/write already supported here are the XMLs, it has 2 flash chips one on top and one on the back (one of these is the modem OS and one is the router OS)

Pics on this post viewtopic.php?t=8747
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
afterhoursalex

Post by afterhoursalex »

I has a jtag port... That was soldered. When i try to detect ... No go ..000000. Thx usb
Rickz

Re:

Post by Rickz »

ricktendo wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:50 pm SPI read/write already supported here are the XMLs, it has 2 flash chips one on top and one on the back (one of these is the modem OS and one is the router OS)

Pics on this post www.usbjtag.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=8747
Regards,

i own a TG862G (front and back chip)suddenly started acting anormally, it's restating even without theISP coaxial connected, it was working good, i suspect the isp did something and the flash got damaged, i tried over telnet to see logs for troubleshooting but it keep reseting (lan disconnected) and won't have time to do anything, then finally does a full restart

i have some doubts, what is the best firmware for this version?
can i repair this modem without loosing other functions like wify, telephone..... ?
it has two chips, i bought the test clip 3m 16 pins available, also came with a cable ready for jtagNT

if can't repair original firmware, what is the best option (modded firmware) available for this model ??

i will get a power source to supply the 3.3V (orange cable) then connect the test clic, don't know exactly the pin numbers , jtag has 14 pins, don't know the order,
if connection is the same as SB6120: usbjtag.com//jtagnt/sb6120front.jpg
but on jtag nt device how i know who is who (pin numbers) :?: :|
if i connect wrong will the device(jtagnt) got damaged ??

this is my first time trying to use jtag nt, so sorry for many cuestions, i bought it many years ago but never had to use it before

cables + device: https://ibb.co/h7Fm4D1
usbbdm

Re: tg862

Post by usbbdm »

JTAG NT connection is in the software and you need to look at the icon beside the question mark.
Rickz

Post by Rickz »

Regards,

@usbbdm

please, when you can share the video...i already suscribed to your youtube channel

My Best Regards
Rickz

Post by Rickz »

usbbdm wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:14 pm JTAG NT connection is in the software and you need to look at the icon beside the question mark.
Regards,

got the portable version, didn't see there neither image or script... please check

My Best Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Script folder is there.
There is no image folder. The diagram is in the software itself.
Rickz

Post by Rickz »

usbbdm wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:03 pm Script folder is there.
There is no image folder. The diagram is in the software itself.
thanks!! will check.. anyway please, make us the video, you're the master on this..

btw there's 14 pins jtag and what looks like a serial connection (4 pins) already soldered, do you know something about it?

see: https://ibb.co/PYTTQWg

My Best Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I think I have made enough videos for SPI flash programming.