dct2000 CR4 MB

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
justsomeguy

dct2000 CR4 MB

Post by justsomeguy »

Hey guys...quick question....i read over on the side that in order to use the usb on this unit you have "To use BDM, hardware watch dog must be disabled. One easy way is to lift the capacitor of C105"

is this still necessary? just wondering if i should take the capacitor right off? or just lift one of the legs? or cut them both? or what would be the best way to disable this?

i found the capacitor pretty easily and i'm sure i can get a pair of sidecutters under it easily enough to cut a leg off...

after that is this unit the same to program as a ph8 board? all the same except for the watch dog capacitor?

and after it's cut does it have to be hooked back up? or once it's done it's done for good?

thanks guys...

Justsomeguy
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

cut one leg is ok. after that you can program the box without interruption.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:Hey guys...quick question....i read over on the side that in order to use the usb on this unit you have "To use BDM, hardware watch dog must be disabled. One easy way is to lift the capacitor of C105"

is this still necessary? just wondering if i should take the capacitor right off? or just lift one of the legs? or cut them both? or what would be the best way to disable this?

i found the capacitor pretty easily and i'm sure i can get a pair of sidecutters under it easily enough to cut a leg off...

after that is this unit the same to program as a ph8 board? all the same except for the watch dog capacitor?

and after it's cut does it have to be hooked back up? or once it's done it's done for good?

thanks guys...

Justsomeguy
Yes Cut it off. Wont affect anything. And No Not the same as PH7 , PH8 or PH9
In some cases you may need to filp the firmware before using Testing tab.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

TUNDRA wrote:Yes Cut it off. Wont affect anything. And No Not the same as PH7 , PH8 or PH9
In some cases you may need to filp the firmware before using Testing tab.
O really.....so can't just do the usual save everything then change uid and connect the box?

**by the way..thanks for the quick reply's guys !!
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

so this is what i've found so far in regards to programming it...just doing some investigating and some more reading...

-reset 1
-R
-init
-getram 200000 40000
-d 234f09
-reset 1
-R
-init
-ldram 400000 ( loaded 0793tvr7304rSPI.zip)

Flip Firmware

-flshdct 400000
Found Address= 00400000 STMicro M29W800AB
-program 400000 200000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:19 (.171)
Program Starts... getting stuck on programming cr4 n on ph A7= 00200400

RPC = 00000460 using bdmnt

this was on a post that someone told someone else to try...what i don't understand (yet) is what the flip firmware is ?
but will also keep reading and see what i can find and repost for myself as well as others

***or should i just try this first?

-reset 1
-R
-init
-ldram code
-flshdct code
Found Address= 00400000 STMicro M29W800AB
-program 406000 aa000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:06 (.890)
Program Starts...
Program speed 152.10 KB/s
Program time 00:00:04 (.546)
Program pass, if no further programming needed, power off/on the target
-reset

now after i do this can i still do a connect the box? and change the uid?

****ok so flipping the firmware is just a tab . so i figured that part out although it would still be nice to know what it actually does...but i'm reading reading and doing some more reading...so i figured i'd post what i'm finding to show that i am actually trying to learn this so one less thing for someone to explain how to do.and from what usbdm said in another post you fild it once you change the uid, then again later when programming it seems....just now would like to know what it does...hahaha...sorry for the long post and continuing to edit it..but thought it would be better then just reply'n or not saying anything right...
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

finally found this.........thanks usbdm !!!!

connect the usbbdm then connect power
run usbjtagnt software and change the config to dct2224 then use these commands

reset 1
init
getram nvram
getram code

save nvram
save code

firm (make your changes in the popup)

flshdct code
program code

If you need to connect the box or change the upm then also do this:

connect
upm (enter new upm)
setram nvram
reset (when done)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:O really.....so can't just do the usual save everything then change uid and connect the box?

**by the way..thanks for the quick reply's guys !!
You can always save regardless.

What I am saying is In some cases You may have to flip the firmware in order to change the UID then flip once more before writing back to the Box. Main Words ( In Some Cases ) ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

well i got the box testing and answered all of my own questions by reading reading and doing some more reading ! just goes to show that all the info anyone needs is indeed in these forums ! but it also helped by writing and explaining what i did.hope this thread will help someone sometime..thanks for the info guys !

by the way i didn't have to use the flip option on this unit..

cheers and happy testing

Justsomeguy
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:well i got the box testing and answered all of my own questions by reading reading and doing some more reading ! just goes to show that all the info anyone needs is indeed in these forums ! but it also helped by writing and explaining what i did.hope this thread will help someone sometime..thanks for the info guys !

by the way i didn't have to use the flip option on this unit..

cheers and happy testing

Justsomeguy
Like I said before ( In Some Cases ) That in Other words means Not in all cases. And yes testing is the best teacher. ;)