black screen.. e11

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
kwapster

black screen.. e11

Post by kwapster »

so after making a backup with my subbed box, the diag menu now has an e11 error. All channels now show a black screen as well. I did not make any changes to the unit address all i did was dump the backup. (box is still subbed)

channel status menu STATE is "connected" but STATUS is "config" instead of "auth" :confused:

inband/outband status all good and guide loads fine.

I have tried programming an untouched plat but it still comes back with an e11. if i use the remote changer and set it to my original unit address then the e11

2. Why are all my channels now showing a black screen when my box is subbed?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

E11 is you have lost battery for your XC chip. Nothing can be done to recover it with E11.
Most likely you have accidentally short the battery on the board.
kwapster

Post by kwapster »

usbbdm wrote:E11 is you have lost battery for your XC chip. Nothing can be done to recover it with E11.
Most likely you have accidentally short the battery on the board.

ok. i had somebody solder the pins to the board for me and that's when the error came How can this be avoided in the future?
moddog

Post by moddog »

kwapster wrote:ok. i had somebody solder the pins to the board for me and that's when the error came How can this be avoided in the future?
Next time put the pin head in to the JTAG ribbon, then stick it in to the DCT700 lean to one said so all pins can make contact while holding with one hand and use the next hand to do the programming, never have a problem.
Good better best
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

moddog wrote:Next time put the pin head in to the JTAG ribbon, then stick it in to the DCT700 lean to one said so all pins can make contact while holding with one hand and use the next hand to do the programming, never have a problem.
If the man can not solder a header, I think the above is too hard for him!
What I think he needs is a Model 28pc BS
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
kwapster

Post by kwapster »

stomperz wrote:If the man can not solder a header, I think the above is too hard for him!
What I think he needs is a Model 28pc BS
really? cause it kinda sounds pretty straight forward:rolleyes:

and GTOH with that spoon feeding crap because you dont see me here asking for help with the software which is what freeloaders do.

if you aint got nothing to say keep it moving.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Do ya know howdifficult it is to lay a 14 pin Header into place on the Board
like a champ ? Professionals here in Philly refuse to do the work. Much too timid. Trying to drill holes in the Board to lay the Header into is something I haven't succeeded at yet. I've done it on DCT3416's and considered myself
lucky. Unless you've got a needle for the Tip on your Iron and really fine braid, you're shit outta luck. Guaranteed.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If there are solder on the pad and it is difficult to put the pins on it. You should consider using the wire to solder to the pads.
If you really wan to put pin header on it, you need to remove the solder first with some extra tool. (Suction solder or desoldering braid) http://www.robotroom.com/Desoldering-Holes-1.html
moddog

Post by moddog »

Killswitch wrote:Do ya know howdifficult it is to lay a 14 pin Header into place on the Board
like a champ ? Professionals here in Philly refuse to do the work. Much too timid. Trying to drill holes in the Board to lay the Header into is something I haven't succeeded at yet. I've done it on DCT3416's and considered myself
lucky. Unless you've got a needle for the Tip on your Iron and really fine braid, you're shit outta luck. Guaranteed.
If you have access to jtag ribbons like i do, you can cut one and solder it to the board and leave it no need for bending pins, same method with Sb6141.
Good better best
stomperz

Knowledge.... it's all hear

Post by stomperz »

kwapster wrote:really? cause it kinda sounds pretty straight forward:rolleyes:
if you aint got nothing to say keep it moving.
READ...Sorry
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes: