dct700 solderless

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
kwapster

dct700 solderless

Post by kwapster »

so i've heard many times that i should consider soldering but i would rather not.

what would i need to connect solderless to the box? eg pogo pins and where would i get them. thanks
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Simply unbelievable ! What were you planning to connect those Pogo Pins to anyway ? Just take your JTAG NT and connect its ribbon cable to the 14 pin Jtag Port on the 700's motherboard, activate your Hardware (do ya have the Hardware ? ) and begin to reprogram the 700. My God, the DCT700 is, without a doubt, one of the simplest, easiest to access Targets supported by the USBJTAG NT . It's almost an Automatic ! Nothing to solder, Dude. Just go and do ! I would read the Archives first. There's lots of info on the deal surrounding the DCT700. I hate to ask, but what were you planning to reprogram on your box ? Is it deauthorized ?
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Killswitch wrote:Simply unbelievable ! What were you planning to connect those Pogo Pins to anyway ? Just take your JTAG NT and connect its ribbon cable to the 14 pin Jtag Port on the 700's motherboard, activate your Hardware (do ya have the Hardware ? ) and begin to reprogram the 700. My God, the DCT700 is, without a doubt, one of the simplest, easiest to access Targets supported by the USBJTAG NT . It's almost an Automatic ! Nothing to solder, Dude. Just go and do ! I would read the Archives first. There's lots of info on the deal surrounding the DCT700. I hate to ask, but what were you planning to reprogram on your box ? Is it deauthorized ?
LOL yes it is unbelievable
kwapster

Post by kwapster »

Killswitch wrote:Simply unbelievable ! What were you planning to connect those Pogo Pins to anyway ? Just take your JTAG NT and connect its ribbon cable to the 14 pin Jtag Port on the 700's motherboard, activate your Hardware (do ya have the Hardware ? ) and begin to reprogram the 700. My God, the DCT700 is, without a doubt, one of the simplest, easiest to access Targets supported by the USBJTAG NT . It's almost an Automatic ! Nothing to solder, Dude. Just go and do ! I would read the Archives first. There's lots of info on the deal surrounding the DCT700. I hate to ask, but what were you planning to reprogram on your box ? Is it deauthorized ?
what exactly do you guys find unbelievable? cause clearly i am missing something. as you can see the box does not have the pins preinstalled.

Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Jesus ! Where do you live ? That's the FIRST 700 I've seen in roughly 50 units that didn't have the JTAG port built in. My common sense tells me that new units are being configured without the port so that reprogramming can't be easily done. Oh, my God ! Totally un-real ! Even so, Man-Up and solder a 14 pin port into place. I've done the same on DCT 3416 because that's a DVR box and much more valuable to put to rights. Nevertheless, this is a hobby that requires that you have a still hand and know how to solder - hard to avoid. A true Ha-Ha ! I was thinking that you might live in Croatia or somewhere out wonder. That's as good as it gets !
kwapster

Post by kwapster »

Killswitch wrote:Jesus ! Where do you live ? That's the FIRST 700 I've seen in roughly 50 units that didn't have the JTAG port built in. My common sense tells me that new units are being configured without the port so that reprogramming can't be easily done. Oh, my God ! Totally un-real ! Even so, Man-Up and solder a 14 pin port into place. I've done the same on DCT 3416 because that's a DVR box and much more valuable to put to rights. Nevertheless, this is a hobby that requires that you have a still hand and know how to solder - hard to avoid. A true Ha-Ha ! I was thinking that you might live in Croatia or somewhere out wonder. That's as good as it gets !
lol we all gotta learn right? I have 2 boxes that dont have the pins. I already know how to use the software aspect.

I had somebody solder the pin in and the box is now e11. i'll get a new box but i want to avoid the soldering because i dont want the same to happen again.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

kwapster wrote:lol we all gotta learn right? I have 2 boxes that dont have the pins. I already know how to use the software aspect.

I had somebody solder the pin in and the box is now e11. i'll get a new box but i want to avoid the soldering because i dont want the same to happen again.
I think when soldering, he short the batter that kills the XC chip. That is you you get E11.
kwapster

Post by kwapster »

So if i have to solder i will get it done but i want to know what other option i have to connect the usbjtag to the board
Always_A_Learner

Post by Always_A_Learner »

hey usbbdm,i have 4 of the DCT700 & there is no pins,i have solder the pins but the heat is sooo strong it gets the board way to hot causing it to not work and my cc had to come change all 4 lol.the 4 boxes they have given me is used box but when i open them up i see it came with the pin built in.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You should only use 25-30W max solder iron. That is for electronics.
I think you are using very high watt solder iron which is not for soldering PCB.
Killswitch

Serial Interface

Post by Killswitch »

Interesting. In the picture supplied above, take notice of the 6 pin SIP
(straight in line package ) right above the chip in the middle left hand side.
That's the target for serious, hard core Magicians and Xfinity Install Techs who don't wanna get caught Activating Test boxes with their own Hardware to forge an Activation Code the easy way using Linux Servers. There are apprx. 3, maybe as high as 5 Senior Members here that know what I'm talking about and, they won't say a solitary, single word about it. Total denial. Hard core Power with a capital P . Sometimes, ya need to get dirty to become filthy rich. There's the ticket !
moddog

Post by moddog »

Am testing those unites for years now, just used a heat gun and free up the holes and put the pin head in that it no need to solder, well for me tho because those pin head is hard to get here. DCT700 SB5101 and SB5100 I have never of to doing a soldering on those bad boys.
Good better best
kwapster

Post by kwapster »

moddog wrote:Am testing those unites for years now, just used a heat gun and free up the holes and put the pin head in that it no need to solder, well for me tho because those pin head is hard to get here. DCT700 SB5101 and SB5100 I have never of to doing a soldering on those bad boys.
cool. I will try that.