DCT700 Block update/Loss of channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
killac93

DCT700 Block update/Loss of channels

Post by killac93 »

Hey Guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has had the issue with blocking lately?? I had 2 subbed units that were de-subbed after programming and I immediately lost channels. I went through my usual procedure to program firmware test and faking the UID from within the software whereas I would normally do the remote UID but per usbbdm, there was no need to check both boxes. After that write to box but it looks as if it did not block. I double check the UID and it was written in successfully. Any ideas on what I might have done wrong? I'm going to go back to the drawing board and maybe try the remote UID option instead this time but I'm scratching my head at this point.:confused::confused:
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

killac93 wrote: ... I'm wondering if anyone has had the issue with blocking lately? I had 2 subbed units that were de-subbed after programming and I immediately lost channels ...
If you lost all the channels, what do you get on the screen, "Not Authorized" or "One Moment Please"?
If "Not Authorized", you have lost the valid keys, if "One Moment Please" you need a new channel map (NVRAM)
killac93

Post by killac93 »

The "Not Authorized" error is currently on the screen. This happened as soon as I removed it from my account. Which means it wasn't blocked for it to go down that fast. At least that's what I concluded. Lol
moddog

Post by moddog »

Block channels update wasn't tick.
Good better best
killac93

Post by killac93 »

moddog wrote:Block channels update wasn't tick.
Im almost sure that I did tick block channels but somehow didn't stick maybe. Is there anyway to confirm this once you've programmed?
moddog

Post by moddog »

Good question but ask the boss since i never look that deep, but it happen to me in the pass.
Good better best
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

killac93 wrote:The "Not Authorized" error is currently on the screen. This happened as soon as I removed it from my account. Which means it wasn't blocked for it to go down that fast. At least that's what I concluded. Lol
Blocked or not, you have lost the valid keys. Whether your box was de-authorized or there was a key change you are out of valid keys right now. The only way to get new keys is to subscribe again. There might be some new countermeasures out there lately that we don't know off but your case is pretty clear.
DeanOfTears

Confused

Post by DeanOfTears »

Wolfgang is right, you have lost your valid keys. This has been observed and reported more often than we want to...
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Yup it's definitely some weird things happening. Maybe the boss could chime in and give his take on what could possibly be happening as to why block methods aren't working as normal. I know Capone once mentioned how things could change at times but I'm lost on this one. smh
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

killac93 wrote:Yup it's definitely some weird things happening. Maybe the boss could chime in and give his take on what could possibly be happening as to why block methods aren't working as normal. I know Capone once mentioned how things could change at times but I'm lost on this one. smh
Is there any firmware update? Maybe there is a new broadcast message that can bypass the unit address. I hope someone can run SPI log for long enough to capture the hit and it is possible to stop the auth command in the firmware. Not by using UID change method.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

usbbdm wrote:Is there any firmware update? Maybe there is a new broadcast message that can bypass the unit address. I hope someone can run SPI log for long enough to capture the hit and it is possible to stop the auth command in the firmware. Not by using UID change method.
There is no firmware update for sure. When I load the box with an older firmware like 3.62 and when I reset it, it download and complete to 3.57, Unfortunately that's the point where updating stops, it won't continue to load the other 3 code modules and anything else, it shows DL04 error. I can load the rest of the modules I have backed up from earlier but that doesn't help much. The box will still not download the new channel map that recently has changed, hence almost all the channels will show "One Moment Please" although the SNR levels are perfect in both OOB and InBand. TV Guide is not loading either and I need to mention there are no any blockages involved. The boxes also don't get de-authorized although they are open and not protected for longer period of time. The same thing happens even when the boxes are loaded with older back-up copies of the same 3.57 plat code so there are no changes with the newly downloaded firmware. It's really confusing why the boxes won't continue update after the firmware is upgraded to 3.57.
cherrymachine

upgrade

Post by cherrymachine »

correct your box time to 2014 using the firmware tab. wont upgrade if this is out of date
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

This is the epitome of Xfinity Security from Hell. I recently Factory Reset a DCH3416 that was stuck with just a Platform when fresh Keys got put forward. When it completed its DL, it had just the same Platform and nothing else. It won't load the Apps presumably for Security reasons. These people have become diabolical and insist on 110% control of their clientele. It will completely erase any NVRAM that might've been there beforehand and I guess that would be normal with a Factory Reset. You have to call their Firm and get an Activation Code run thru it to get on the Blackboard. If it were a Tennis game, Advantage - Xfinity. Time for a TieBreaker.
cherrymachine

upgrade

Post by cherrymachine »

Not gonna change your key issue though
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

cherrymachine wrote:Not gonna change your key issue though
Thanks for the tip, never thought of that. I am not worried about the keys, if I had a "Not Authorized" message I would know what to do but this is driving me crazy. It suddenly stopped in one day on all boxes, just a new channel map and all started to show "One Moment Please" including my Tivo. I don't think they would change 99.99% of the keys in one night. I know it goes gradually, the channels will start showing "Not Authorized" and in a few days the keys are gone except for the local channels but I don't get the local channels either so this is not it. I will try your advice to see if that will help although I haven't done it before. Cheers!