DCT700 Will not Program Firmware

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
killac93

DCT700 Will not Program Firmware (Issue Resolved)

Post by killac93 »

Hi all,
I'm having some issues programming the firmware on this unit. I've read about this particular 700 (MT28W320) and it's difference. I've tried the different method of programming mentioned in the article but still stalls when trying to write the firmware back. Any ideas?

IDCODE 41C5501D
Motorola 17500QK
IMPCODE 40404000
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supported
Found Address= 90000000 MT28W320
-getram plat
Time 00:01:27 (.772)
PLAT0357 modified
Do not forget to program the chip
-program plat
Erase starts...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

killac93 wrote:Hi all,
I'm having some issues programming the firmware on this unit. I've read about this particular 700 (MT28W320) and it's difference. I've tried the different method of programming mentioned in the article but still stalls when trying to write the firmware back. Any ideas?

IDCODE 41C5501D
Motorola 17500QK
IMPCODE 40404000
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supported
Found Address= 90000000 MT28W320
-getram plat
Time 00:01:27 (.772)
PLAT0357 modified
Do not forget to program the chip
-program plat
Erase starts...
You might have a bad boot. If it is then you need to erase and sprogram the boot first before you can use regular program command.
killac93

Post by killac93 »

usbbdm wrote:You might have a bad boot. If it is then you need to erase and sprogram the boot first before you can use regular program command.
I have went back to reprogram unit with good boot and when programming it does so at 2048.00 KB/s. I have followed steps with debricking and sprogram. Am I doing something wrong here?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

That's WAY too fast. Try using the slowest speed (speed 2) and try to slow it down. Sounds like the problem I had about a year ago that created an issue known as Hardware Error 1 . I think our Leader solved that problem but that's still way too quick. Anything running that fast WILL brick the unit.
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Killswitch wrote:That's WAY too fast. Try using the slowest speed (speed 2) and try to slow it down. Sounds like the problem I had about a year ago that created an issue known as Hardware Error 1 . I think our Leader solved that problem but that's still way too quick. Anything running that fast WILL brick the unit.
I agree. I have a couple of these units to test however. I think some were from different area. Is there a way to load factory firmware back? I may need to go to factory on a few. BTW which version and where do I control or slow down the speed? I did slow down speed when trying to use the debrick method noted by usbdm but not sure if that is what you mean. Thanks!
killac93

My 3rd DCT with same issue...

Post by killac93 »

Okay I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or something but I can't seem to program any of my newer units. I have them subbed and all channels coming thru but can't program none of them as they all stall as though they are bricked but they function fine. I can backup but it is painfully longer than the norm. Ive tried loading known good backups and/or boot and still stalls. I have also tried the debrick methods just to be sure. Smh. Any ideas??
moddog

Post by moddog »

killac93 wrote:Okay I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or something but I can't seem to program any of my newer units. I have them subbed and all channels coming thru but can't program none of them as they all stall as though they are bricked but they function fine. I can backup but it is painfully longer than the norm. Ive tried loading known good backups and/or boot and still stalls. I have also tried the debrick methods just to be sure. Smh. Any ideas??
Setup team viewer so i can give you a helping hand.
Good better best
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

He has no hands - just Paws and claws.
killac93

Issue Resolved!

Post by killac93 »

Hey guys thanks for chiming in for a helping hand here. Turns out per Boss that some of these units actually start in Debug ON mode which will not allow for programming. Debug would have to be set to OFF in order to program as normal. Big Thanks to usbbdm!! Boss saves the day once again!;)
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I find that almost impossible to believe. I think that it's time for a new Leader (just kidding) . Anybody that could sniff that one out is brilliant. Maybe our Leader is Extraterrestrial. Doesn't come from here. Totally Interplanetary. Comes from Mars.
killac93

Post by killac93 »

Killswitch wrote:I find that almost impossible to believe. I think that it's time for a new Leader (just kidding) . Anybody that could sniff that one out is brilliant. Maybe our Leader is Extraterrestrial. Doesn't come from here. Totally Interplanetary. Comes from Mars.
Well if you ever get a chance to talk to him, he'll definitely shed knowledge to whom really puts forth decent efforts to discover new findings and/or testing methods. Therefore I would say he's definitely out of this world:cool: