Multiple subbed box dumps

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
everclear

Post by everclear »

Wolfgang wrote:I am curious to hear what software you have in your mind? I know exactly what software drives OM1000 or OM2000 but I don't think that is available on torrent sites, LOL. When I mentioned the confidential software I meant the software that writes the Unit Address directly to the XC chip. This is not the same as the OLL software i wrote about.
If you meant the software for serial connection than you are right. Everyone can get a free download of Putty or TeraTerm LOL. Still, that won't give you anything you can't achieve with USBJTAG on DCT700. Downloading firmware by OLL is something you want to do on boxes that don't have access to USBJTAG. OLLs are primarily used by Service Centers for STBs.
Comcast uses Linux based Headends with Digital Account Controllers to write keys to cable boxes again using that baby from the above picture, so it's a little bit more complicated than Off-Line-Loader driving software used to download firmware and apps. When it comes to the keys, which is the goal of this post, you need a lot more equipment and knowledge. There probably are other ways that are not discussed in public, I am just saying how things are normally done by cacos.
I been following the forum for years ,but I'm stuck also , I got the OM1000 from ebay ..and my intent is to update my previously modded boxes..by way of of using the off line loader to simply send a refresh hit to correct or update my now unsubscribed STB. after reading your post I understand I can't fix the keys..and getting the software is seems impossible..
Wolfgang

OM1000 is the right horse but ....

Post by Wolfgang »

everclear wrote:I been following the forum for years ,but I'm stuck also , I got the OM1000 from ebay .....
I envy your enthusiasm but I can't help you a lot. I also bought one OM1000 from eBay but unfortunately although it was advertised as a working unit it came defective. I had some plans with it but now I almost abandoned the project since it fails Fault Summary Check at the startup. The picture on eBay wasn't showing such condition as other sellers are openly stating the failure. There are slim chances for repair of such equipment since it is a professional one and there are no any docs or discussion about it on the internet.
Cacos use such QPSK modulators in headends in conjunction with Digital Addressable Controllers to transmit all kind of messages (activation, deactivation, channel map, key insertion etc) but that's another story.
My idea was a little bit more modest, just to replace the original platform code and download a test code in order to enable JTAG connection which is disabled by default.
Some other forum members have more advanced progress regarding collecting the OOB signals but I have not discussed any of that so far. My OM1000 is collecting dust so far and I have no more motive to continue. I am switching to Sat TV, this cable TV is simply not worth it.