people having problems with dropping channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
moddog

Post by moddog »

keja wrote:universall, what upgrade are you talking about and how do you know it's almost over. Most importantly what is the upgrade for? Also what way is "out this way".
The upgrade is to make ppl like me and you pay the maximum for cable.
Good better best
keja

Post by keja »

moddog wrote:The upgrade is to make ppl like me and you pay the maximum for cable.
lol, really.
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

Can I get some clarification? When you guys are saying channels dropping, do you mean they are just blank or does it say not authorized? I'm trying to resolve the not authorized issue they came up back in mid December of last year.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

bucckevin wrote:Can I get some clarification? When you guys are saying channels dropping, do you mean they are just blank or does it say not authorized? I'm trying to resolve the not authorized issue they came up back in mid December of last year.
What they mean is channel will display "Not Authorized" But they have not been removed from the XC Chip which means its a video key issues. In Other terms a Mismatch of the video keys is what is causing the problem.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

CAPONE wrote:What they mean is channel will display "Not Authorized" But they have not been removed from the XC Chip which means its a video key issues. In Other terms a Mismatch of the video keys is what is causing the problem.
Who would have thought such a small thing could cause so much disruption.. Damn ISP's are so counter productive when it comes to coming up with a solution that works for us lol :)
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

CAPONE wrote:What they mean is channel will display "Not Authorized" But they have not been removed from the XC Chip which means its a video key issues. In Other terms a Mismatch of the video keys is what is causing the problem.
thanks for the response. just a little confused again. if the channels haven't been removed from the xc chip then that would mean the keys were changed... so then the only way for me to get it back up and running would be to resub and get new keys... unless the issue isn't the key.
keja

Post by keja »

bucckevin wrote:thanks for the response. just a little confused again. if the channels haven't been removed from the xc chip then that would mean the keys were changed... so then the only way for me to get it back up and running would be to resub and get new keys... unless the issue isn't the key.
So the question is how would you pull the new keys once you resub. Oh that's if it's a key issue.
Greekgeek

Post by Greekgeek »

hey how s it going i was reading everyone posts,yes its been happening in Chicago for a month or two now there upgrading there system ,i think in January CMTS failed and all the cable was down for a day almost ,thats what usually happens when everybody hacks and people dont keep there mouth shut because they want to make some extra $$ so yia i guess the video key has changed ,and alot of modems are down to or they come up and reset,but anyways i was going to ask something and see if anyone knows anything about this ,i have a friend and his been constantly arguing that u can bridge the two chips that control the addressable function ,so he says,and once the intial hit has been sent then u soldier the connections and thats it no more problems . PLs id like know if thats possible on the dcx-3200m thanks ..
keja

Post by keja »

U guys are a joke.
stomperz

Add to Hit List

Post by stomperz »

Chicago 60638 Ch18 and a report from South Ch18 (Frankfort)
Finely Got hit last night!
:rolleyes:
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
thoughtout

Post by thoughtout »

This same issue has happened in Baltimore County MD. All Motorola HD and SD BOXES have lost the same channels. PLEASE HELP.
Killswitch

Locksmith needed

Post by Killswitch »

Happened yo Phila PA back on April 17. Only hope is to flash a known good NVRAM back in and hope it'll take an Update. That update WILL have fresh Keys - unfortunately, getting a Test box to update is something I've only succeeded in doing once. If one of the Inner Circle knows how to force a Test box to become Updated, here's your opportunity ..............
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Killswitch wrote:Happened yo Phila PA back on April 17. Only hope is to flash a known good NVRAM back in and hope it'll take an Update. That update WILL have fresh Keys - unfortunately, getting a Test box to update is something I've only succeeded in doing once. If one of the Inner Circle knows how to force a Test box to become Updated, here's your opportunity ..............
What exactly has happened on Apr 17? I thought your boxes were OK for now.
Anyway, you won't get fresh keys with the update, they are inserted only by server request from caco when you activate/subscribe. Hopefully you might upgrade the Plat code and the channel map and that's it. Unfortunately, my boxes would not do even that, without any blockage they won't update the channel map although they have the latest firmware. For unknown reason I don't get Not Authorized on any channel but I get One Moment Please on 99% channels. it's got to be some new counter measure from caco....
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

On April 17 there was a Key change in the Phila Metro Area. And, accd. to the Member I replied to, Baltimore (not very far to the South) got hit in a similar fashion. This Provider goes up/down the East Coast when they are takin' care of business. And, just for the record. last year I Flashed one of my 2224's that had been Factory Reset (button between the Ribbon Cables) with a fresh NVRAM and FW which was a Test box and, about a minute after doing a Reset from the BDM, the box updated its Channel Map and came back sparkling with updated Keys. Was NOT on account. I don't believe in luck with Xfinity. Has to be a good reason why it got buttoned up with a fresh set of Keys. Funny that nobody will talk about this subject. Worse than Homosexuality.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Killswitch wrote:.... Flashed one of my 2224's that had been Factory Reset (button between the Ribbon Cables) with a fresh NVRAM and FW which was a Test box and, about a minute after doing a Reset from the BDM, the box updated its Channel Map and came back sparkling with updated Keys ....
The small internal switch on board DCT2224 does only cycle the power, it is not doing any factory reset. You do factory reset by holding the power and select buttons depressed while applying power but then again your box will end up without anything showing 0 on the front display.
Now with all due respect I don't think you can get new keys without subbing. What you get when you reset the box is only a new channel map. You may have used your second set of keys that was dormant until the key change and is now active but that's it. There will be no more free keys update when the next key change happens.
In my case something strange has happened. I can't get a new channel map and don't have a new NVRAM available from my area. I don't think is a key change unless the boxes behave in a different way than we know of.