people having problems with dropping channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
cali40

atuo roll

Post by cali40 »

What we need is auto roll for the keys like the fta boxs that's the Solutions. If we can do that then we are back on top then cc would be Scrabblng for a long time like DIRECTV and Dish Network was......
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cali40 wrote:What we need is auto roll for the keys like the fta boxs that's the Solutions. If we can do that then we are back on top then cc would be Scrabblng for a long time like DIRECTV and Dish Network was......
Wishful Thinking. It would be Nice, But the Question is, IS IT POSIBLE????????

Will have to see what USBBDM say about that. I expect He won't say anything or Will say its not posible...................
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
UserName

Post by UserName »

is not a key change is something else....they are updating nvram.. different settings... whats why u got some but some are gone...is a epoch thing whoever knows about those things....

regardless they might start heading into iptv ....since that is the future..
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
universall

upm uid

Post by universall »

set the uid for a few days all channels back left it on the line its all good but still testing
cherrymachine

uid

Post by cherrymachine »

premiums also ?
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

universall wrote:set the uid for a few days all channels back left it on the line its all good but still testing
What do you mean by set the UID for a few days? Do you mean set it back to the original?
cherrymachine

uid

Post by cherrymachine »

im sure he means good id and upm..I tried to upgrade with good uid but reverted to old uid on upgrade (yeah i knew that) I'll try leaving it online with good uid and see what happens
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Sounds good. Thanks cherrymachine.
universall

random uid

Post by universall »

i used a random uid, but when i unplugged power and plugged back up those channels went missing again until 12 hours then they went from one moment please to channels commming back in. still testing...
blazin6969

Post by blazin6969 »

Man I remember autoroll for keys....That was kept private for quite awhile....I think even if something like that exsisted it would be by chance and if everyone got it it wouldnt last for long....
KevvKev

Newbee Here Phila , North

Post by KevvKev »

justsomeguy

Default people having problems with dropping channels
this thread to find out how many people are actually having problems with their channels dropping. this seems to be focused in the chicago area. please post here if you have tried the following and are still having problems:

1. HAVE CURRENT AND UP TO DATE FIRMWARE
2. HAVE PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS THAT CAUSE DROPPING CHANNELS
3. HAVE TRIED A DIFFERENT LOCAL BACKUP

I have the updated firmware.. and I have a little knowledge of what cause dropping channels... Yes I have tried a diff local backup.

OK here I go form what I have learned is that 700 bx come in two types, type 1, with basic and type 2 with basic and prems. all of my type 1 bxs are down to mim channels and all my type 2 bxs have not been hit at all so far.

I have tried to do the update and it would not take a update I left it there over night and nothing.
I think there is going to be a new learning curve here for me from what I'm reading here to get over this hump. Also 2224 when down and the same thing goes for them if the test box had prems then that box was not hit,,, and the basic 2224 bxs went down to mim channels.
I'm not afraid to fish for my self.... But I keep getting a tire..
Killswitch

Philly Pride

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Kev - just to keep you up to speed. All is well in Port Richmond with the 2224 Old Board you graciously appointed files for. This boy hasn't taken any Updates from Jump St. and I suppose that it's because 8.55 Code is at the controls. UID has long been changed from the Diags Menu to a legit digit and steady as she goes. IPPV is Disabled - tried using a legit Upstream Modem # but I sit/spin with this one. Nevertheless, this is Action News reporting that we're Good to Go in Port Richmond. Goodday.
KevvKev

North Phila

Post by KevvKev »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Kev - just to keep you up to speed. All is well in Port Richmond with the 2224 Old Board you graciously appointed files for. This boy hasn't taken any Updates from Jump St. and I suppose that it's because 8.55 Code is at the controls. UID has long been changed from the Diags Menu to a legit digit and steady as she goes. IPPV is Disabled - tried using a legit Upstream Modem # but I sit/spin with this one. Nevertheless, this is Action News reporting that we're Good to Go in Port Richmond. Goodday.
I'm glad your still up but it looks like we got some testing to do to get over this channel dropping thing.
I'm not afraid to fish for my self.... But I keep getting a tire..
keja

Post by keja »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Kev - just to keep you up to speed. All is well in Port Richmond with the 2224 Old Board you graciously appointed files for. This boy hasn't taken any Updates from Jump St. and I suppose that it's because 8.55 Code is at the controls. UID has long been changed from the Diags Menu to a legit digit and steady as she goes. IPPV is Disabled - tried using a legit Upstream Modem # but I sit/spin with this one. Nevertheless, this is Action News reporting that we're Good to Go in Port Richmond. Goodday.
So MoonGoon, are u saying that your old board in Port Richmond hasn't lost any channels and you do not I repeat u do not have any prems. Like Kev said if you have one prem then nothing has changed wheather it's a 700, 2500 or 2224 but if you don't have a prem, then u will start losing channels.
keja

Post by keja »

universall wrote:i used a random uid, but when i unplugged power and plugged back up those channels went missing again until 12 hours then they went from one moment please to channels commming back in. still testing...
Universall, how is the testing going? Are the channels still there or did they drop again?