people having problems with dropping channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
Killswitch

Consistent Service

Post by Killswitch »

Gentlemen: my GI 2224 Non-PH Older Board with a datecode of 1998 has yet to evaporate in ANY way. I have ZERO prems , no IPPV and there's no indication that Comcast has employed any witchcraft. I have Extended Basic and 100% coverage. Roger. Over and out .......
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

universall wrote:it seem like California has been hit with this as well
flashed with sub firmware and nvram, let it set on the line for 1 hour NO key up date. still testing.
i'm havin the same problem some channels are now one moment please ref code:s0900
i tryed what universall said about leaving on line with ramdon uid for a few days and no luck.
To master the functions of your Hardware, Read read read read read read read read until your eyeballs fall from their sockets! Then, reinsert and read some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Gentlemen: my GI 2224 Non-PH Older Board with a datecode of 1998 has yet to evaporate in ANY way. I have ZERO prems , no IPPV and there's no indication that Comcast has employed any witchcraft. I have Extended Basic and 100% coverage. Roger. Over and out .......
your might not go or drop becaeuse the box seems to ONLY have the basics. it really looks like they have combined the basics with the extended basics(premiums) which seems like it would effect the backup on the box. since you only have the basics there is nothing to combine that package with so it wont effect your box at all..

can one or you guys (or more then one) call and add your box to an active sub and make it legit for a week or so, then call and unhook the box again then reprogram the box into a testing state....it would be nice to see what would happen with the programming on the box. see if those channels dissapear again or if they stick....i've already mentioned this before but no one in the effected area has stepped up and tried it out...

if all they are doing is adding/combining those basics with the prem's then this might be a quick fix for you guys....
live your life like a beer commericial
KevvKev

Post by KevvKev »

justsomeguy wrote:your might not go or drop becaeuse the box seems to ONLY have the basics. it really looks like they have combined the basics with the extended basics(premiums) which seems like it would effect the backup on the box. since you only have the basics there is nothing to combine that package with so it wont effect your box at all..

can one or you guys (or more then one) call and add your box to an active sub and make it legit for a week or so, then call and unhook the box again then reprogram the box into a testing state....it would be nice to see what would happen with the programming on the box. see if those channels dissapear again or if they stick....i've already mentioned this before but no one in the effected area has stepped up and tried it out...

if all they are doing is adding/combining those basics with the prem's then this might be a quick fix for you guys....
ok here goes nada I can't call CC but what I did was I got a working box from my neighbor the box is working and is a type 2 box and copied and saved everything from it (90000000 )(nvram) on to a type 1 testing box and I got nada no added channels. I don't have a type 2 box to test on because there a shot in the dark to get. Will ck back if I come up with something else or PM me if you guys have something I could try with the working Nvram I have.
I'm not afraid to fish for my self.... But I keep getting a tire..
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

KevvKev wrote:ok here goes nada I can't call CC but what I did was I got a working box from my neighbor the box is working and is a type 2 box and copied and saved everything from it (90000000 )(nvram) on to a type 1 testing box and I got nada no added channels. I don't have a type 2 box to test on because there a shot in the dark to get. Will ck back if I come up with something else or PM me if you guys have something I could try with the working Nvram I have.
that is NOT going to work! you have to take a subb'd box and do it. copying the backup onto your box will NOT work. like i said you have to sub YOUR box for a week or so, get the proper channels back and then call and desub, then test THAT BOX..we have to see if those channels will stick or not. i believe that once that box gets subb'd again and the cc hits the box with all the proper info you can go back to testing it without any problems..the reason is because this info is stored in the xc chip and just copying a backup will not write the required info
keja

Post by keja »

justsomeguy wrote:that is NOT going to work! you have to take a subb'd box and do it. copying the backup onto your box will NOT work. like i said you have to sub YOUR box for a week or so, get the proper channels back and then call and desub, then test THAT BOX..we have to see if those channels will stick or not. i believe that once that box gets subb'd again and the cc hits the box with all the proper info you can go back to testing it without any problems..the reason is because this info is stored in the xc chip and just copying a backup will not write the required info
Hey JSG, If your are saying take a box that someone has and call the cc to activate that paticuliar box it ain't gonna happen. The cc will send out another box. I might have been reading what u are saying wrong, if so please let me know. Also KevvKev, what is with this type 1 and type two box that u are talking about. What is the difference between a type 1 and a type 2 box, please explain.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

keja wrote:Hey JSG, If your are saying take a box that someone has and call the cc to activate that paticuliar box it ain't gonna happen. The cc will send out another box. I might have been reading what u are saying wrong, if so please let me know. Also KevvKev, what is with this type 1 and type two box that u are talking about. What is the difference between a type 1 and a type 2 box, please explain.
depends on where you live. there are many many many places where you can activate used boxs, sell boxs, do whatever you really want with the boxs provided there is no money owing on the account they were last subb'd to. you purchase the boxs and therefor it makes it yours...
keja

Post by keja »

justsomeguy wrote:depends on where you live. there are many many many places where you can activate used boxs, sell boxs, do whatever you really want with the boxs provided there is no money owing on the account they were last subb'd to. you purchase the boxs and therefor it makes it yours...
Wow, that's nice, but that sure doesn't happend here. Oh well I guess we have to look for plan B, but if anyone else can call the cc and activate a box that they have for about a week like JSG said that would be nice for testing purposes.
Killswitch

WitchCraft

Post by Killswitch »

Good morning. This proud General Instruments unit will not update and so is stuck one hour behind in Standard Time. I will NOT put old Firmware on it and do it manually - no real need. I was hoping to have a real world Channel Map without using NVTool . Kinda remarkable that this ole boy hasn't once taken a hit. I'm in awe of it but, in reality, this is what a Tester seeks for practical purposes. I've got all of the Basics and all of the unencrypted channels from Free TV and, so, I'm punctual and right on time. Let me check my Timex .....
KevvKev

Post by KevvKev »

keja wrote:Hey JSG, If your are saying take a box that someone has and call the cc to activate that paticuliar box it ain't gonna happen. The cc will send out another box. I might have been reading what u are saying wrong, if so please let me know. Also KevvKev, what is with this type 1 and type two box that u are talking about. What is the difference between a type 1 and a type 2 box, please explain.
Check your PM
I'm not afraid to fish for my self.... But I keep getting a tire..
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Good morning. This proud General Instruments unit will not update and so is stuck one hour behind in Standard Time. I will NOT put old Firmware on it and do it manually - no real need. I was hoping to have a real world Channel Map without using NVTool . Kinda remarkable that this ole boy hasn't once taken a hit. I'm in awe of it but, in reality, this is what a Tester seeks for practical purposes. I've got all of the Basics and all of the unencrypted channels from Free TV and, so, I'm punctual and right on time. Let me check my Timex .....
You can manually fix time in NVRAM. Many posts on the subject if you know how to use the SEARCH TAB.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
universall

working channels

Post by universall »

keja wrote:Universall, how is the testing going? Are the channels still there or did they drop again?
yes still working but they drop for a day or 2 and come back in. go open channel update and let it sit.

still testing...
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

What do you mean by go open channel update?
To master the functions of your Hardware, Read read read read read read read read until your eyeballs fall from their sockets! Then, reinsert and read some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
universall

s0900 almost done

Post by universall »

the upgrade the caco has been working on is almost done out this way, any good sub nvram will bring the one moment plz channels back in after the upgrade.

Still Testing....
keja

Post by keja »

universall wrote:the upgrade the caco has been working on is almost done out this way, any good sub nvram will bring the one moment plz channels back in after the upgrade.

Still Testing....
universall, what upgrade are you talking about and how do you know it's almost over. Most importantly what is the upgrade for? Also what way is "out this way".