people having problems with dropping channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
justsomeguy

people having problems with dropping channels

Post by justsomeguy »

this thread to find out how many people are actually having problems with their channels dropping. this seems to be focused in the chicago area. please post here if you have tried the following and are still having problems:

1. HAVE CURRENT AND UP TO DATE FIRMWARE
2. HAVE PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS THAT CAUSE DROPPING CHANNELS
3. HAVE TRIED A DIFFERENT LOCAL BACKUP

please post the area you are in so we can see if we can narrow down the area a little bit better. it seems to be scattered so far . there are alot of people still up and running fine, and others who are not. we have to find out if this is a simple user error, or if something else is going on. there are a few VERY EXPERIENCED members here who are in that area, i would like those members to also say if they are up or not. i know capone hasn't had a single hiccup with his boxs. how about you felipe?

please post only if you are in those effected areas, and like i said make sure that you have local up to date firmware and have exhausted all the normal ways of correcting dropping channels. also please post if you have noticed keys being updated in these areas..it is getting out of hand with the number of memebers pm'ing with these issues that cannot resolve them- at the same time some of those members simply need a firmware update which is why i am stressing to try these simpe things first!

please post your area , the type of box you are testing, and the firmware on your box..i hope I am not opening a big can of worms here, and really hope that people who ARE NOT being effected by this don't start posting their questions here!!!!!

lets see if we can get to the bottom of this ~
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:this thread to find out how many people are actually having problems with their channels dropping. this seems to be focused in the chicago area. please post here if you have tried the following and are still having problems:

1. HAVE CURRENT AND UP TO DATE FIRMWARE
2. HAVE PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS THAT CAUSE DROPPING CHANNELS
3. HAVE TRIED A DIFFERENT LOCAL BACKUP

please post the area you are in so we can see if we can narrow down the area a little bit better. it seems to be scattered so far . there are alot of people still up and running fine, and others who are not. we have to find out if this is a simple user error, or if something else is going on. there are a few VERY EXPERIENCED members here who are in that area, i would like those members to also say if they are up or not. i know capone hasn't had a single hiccup with his boxs. how about you felipe?

please post only if you are in those effected areas, and like i said make sure that you have local up to date firmware and have exhausted all the normal ways of correcting dropping channels. also please post if you have noticed keys being updated in these areas..it is getting out of hand with the number of memebers pm'ing with these issues that cannot resolve them- at the same time some of those members simply need a firmware update which is why i am stressing to try these simpe things first!

please post your area , the type of box you are testing, and the firmware on your box..i hope I am not opening a big can of worms here, and really hope that people who ARE NOT being effected by this don't start posting their questions here!!!!!

lets see if we can get to the bottom of this ~
Small Correction, Its not limited to Chicago, It is also happening in Massachusetts. Not in all Sectors though. I have found some Usefull Information that may help to solve the Problem. I am currently testing it out to see if my Solution will work with different models. So far its working on an HD with Guide Fully Protected. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

this is happening in a lot of places, i have friends in diferent states and they are all having the same problem

in my job i have a costumer who works for the caco and he told me that the problem is that the update they just released is not done yet because its not limitted just to firmware he also told me that by the next 1-2 years they are going to chage the whole system just to 1 or 2 cable boxes and only one modem is going to be used

dont believe me 100%. thats what i have been told
Get rich or die trying
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lafraga wrote:this is happening in a lot of places, i have friends in diferent states and they are all having the same problem

in my job i have a costumer who works for the caco and he told me that the problem is that the update they just released is not done yet because its not limitted just to firmware he also told me that by the next 1-2 years they are going to chage the whole system just to 1 or 2 cable boxes and only one modem is going to be used

dont believe me 100%. thats what i have been told
I do suspect they are still working with the new updates. Here they have done 2 updates withing a months time and that is VERY VERY RARE to say the least. But it also seams like they did a Key changem Whick they haven't doen here for over 4 Years and the HD box seams to have updated to the New Video Key. This is what I am working with and if it Pans Out, ITS GOOD NEWS...............
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:I do suspect they are still working with the new updates. Here they have done 2 updates withing a months time and that is VERY VERY RARE to say the least. But it also seams like they did a Key changem Whick they haven't doen here for over 4 Years and the HD box seams to have updated to the New Video Key. This is what I am working with and if it Pans Out, ITS GOOD NEWS...............
GOOD TO HEAR my friend...if rolling keys ...well nevermind....lol
krmax

north of boston channel dropimg confirmed

Post by krmax »

This is to report that all channels are gone in the boston , now what? i re-send the key to box but not luck it looks like cable company changed keys, :confused:
pasor

Post by pasor »

So far it happened to me on 3 boxes 2 dct700 and 1 2224, boths boxes i got the not authorized message.
Rob0108

Post by Rob0108 »

krmax wrote:This is to report that all channels are gone in the boston , now what? i re-send the key to box but not luck it looks like cable company changed keys, :confused:
can u be a little more specific of what area u are refering too...
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

krmax wrote:This is to report that all channels are gone in the boston , now what? i re-send the key to box but not luck it looks like cable company changed keys, :confused:
this thread is NOT for just a typical key change. that has been covered numerous times on the forums .
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

I AM GOING TO CLOSE DOWN THIS THREAD IF PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO USE IT FOR IT'S INTENT. I started it in hopes that people with the problem on only some channels dropping- even after a firmware update- . so far only 1 person has replied to this thread for it's intent (but also missed putting in the the answers i asked to also include. 2 others have inputed possible things that happend (which is great) so if no one is going to use this thread then i really dont wanna hear about it in other threads that are typical of people saying ...o i lost some channels, what next? what happened?? ...
krmax

Boston area report

Post by krmax »

Boston area dct 2000

firmaware ver
08.55 boot 07.00
jul 24 2011
tsoda t16
cmlbk 0000

all channels dropped on 12/20/12, the box is DES I try to rewrite back the NVRAM, CODE, and the authorization code via SPI , did not work all write back belong to the box , worked for 3 years, now all basic channel are open.

I hope my report will help the Testers to find a fix for not authorize EM

Happy Holidays to all

Good Bless to the testers!!!!!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

krmax wrote:Boston area dct 2000

firmaware ver
08.55 boot 07.00
jul 24 2011
tsoda t16
cmlbk 0000

all channels dropped on 12/20/12, the box is DES I try to rewrite back the NVRAM, CODE, and the authorization code via SPI , did not work all write back belong to the box , worked for 3 years, now all basic channel are open.

I hope my report will help the Testers to find a fix for not authorize EM

Happy Holidays to all

Good Bless to the testers!!!!!

Your report Make no sence. However there is a solution for recovering droped channels. Its still work in progress, but so far have been able to recover boxes that have droped channels due to an apparent video key change, Both HD and Non HD boxes. This is great news for boxes with the 04 error code.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

If what you're saying is true, you my friend, have found the pot of gold.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

macgyver12 wrote:If what you're saying is true, you my friend, have found the pot of gold.
LOL When we find a way into the XC Chip, Thats when we have found a pot of Gold Buddy......
krmax

fix in working progress?

Post by krmax »

Hi Capone, sorry for my no sense post:confused:

I am trying to learn how to try to fix not authorize, but i do not where to start from can you help in directing me in the right direction? I have tool to rewrite my old dct2000, or should re-start with a newer sub-box if so what model it would be best to work with, a dct2000 must be sub to fixed it? Thank you and
Marry Christmas