DCT700 with MT28W320 please read.

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

simplyvespa wrote:My box has the MT28W320 on it. I use USB Jtag Nt 0.39, when I type cfi 0 I got this message "Please select right value" and also when I verify Ram.

getram Ram
Time 00:00:56 (.322)
-cmpram Ram
Time 00:00:56 (.906)
Compare data Failed address 80018520,target CA,PC memory 91

Boot Version
Boot0309
Firmware Version
PLAT0326

Please helps
Try to use "speed 1" or even "speed 0" to see if it works. This happened especially if the box is bricked,
simplyvespa

Post by simplyvespa »

1-Speed 1 or speed 0 did not work, no matter what commands I type, getram plat, detect, setram.... I got the same result "Please select right value".

2- I can't save the setting in firmware test ( Fuid, connt all time...) and Network address.

I don't think my DCT700 is bricked, cause I was able to clone it and I got all the channels except VOD.

Btw, thanks for quick reply.
scuba

Post by scuba »

Please select right value?? usually that happens if your running a script...when it first detects the box do you have options to choose from? exit the script which may be option 5 ..not sure and then try your speed change.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Oh I think I got it.
If you do not execute the script, go to tools and then uncheck the "auto script" so you can use your own command.
simplyvespa

Post by simplyvespa »

The commands are working... Thank you much.
antwandavis1

Help

Post by antwandavis1 »

I have a Dct2000 working and copy nvram can i use that nvram on a Dct700
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

antwandavis1 wrote:I have a Dct2000 working and copy nvram can i use that nvram on a Dct700
not that i've ever heard of.....but try it and see and let us know how it works out for you, cause you never know unless you try ! ...
antwandavis1

Help

Post by antwandavis1 »

Okay, I just had a fear of bricking the box
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

also instead of jumping into other people's threads you might want to start your own, there's a couple in a row in different forums you've just done this too...

if you brick it then just unbrick it....it's all part of testing right !!! that's how you learn...but if i were you i'd do a bit of reading before you try to throw that nvram ram into the 700....
Cache08

Post by Cache08 »

Hi, I have a question, is there any type of software or dll file that i WOULD NEED TO DOWNLOAD TO DEBRICK a 2500 or a 700 or any type of boxes, I am new at this and my friend has been doing it and he said that somone downloaded a program in his computer to make it work, I tried with the tutorial and my 2500 is giving me an error in the screen, could you please help me.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Cache08 wrote:Hi, I have a question, is there any type of software or dll file that i WOULD NEED TO DOWNLOAD TO DEBRICK a 2500 or a 700 or any type of boxes, I am new at this and my friend has been doing it and he said that somone downloaded a program in his computer to make it work, I tried with the tutorial and my 2500 is giving me an error in the screen, could you please help me.
FIRST OF ALL START YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS....

secondly read ! there is a great tut on debricking a 2500/700 ..and it isn't very hard to find ! look for a sticky at the top of the proper forum !

thirdly ....how do you expect people to help you when you don't identify the error that's on your screen !!!!!!! come on now....if you want help at least say what you have tried to do and the results of what you did instead of just saying that you got an error !!!!!

if you want people to help you, you have to help yourself a bit first !
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Cache08 wrote:Hi, I have a question, is there any type of software or dll file that i WOULD NEED TO DOWNLOAD TO DEBRICK a 2500 or a 700 or any type of boxes, I am new at this and my friend has been doing it and he said that somone downloaded a program in his computer to make it work, I tried with the tutorial and my 2500 is giving me an error in the screen, could you please help me.
justsomeguy wrote:FIRST OF ALL START YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS....

secondly read ! there is a great tut on debricking a 2500/700 ..and it isn't very hard to find ! look for a sticky at the top of the proper forum !

thirdly ....how do you expect people to help you when you don't identify the error that's on your screen !!!!!!! come on now....if you want help at least say what you have tried to do and the results of what you did instead of just saying that you got an error !!!!!

if you want people to help you, you have to help yourself a bit first !
Thank you Very Much JustSomeGuy.

150% Correct on al Points.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."