dct 2224 loosing premium channels

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I"m just as slackjawed as Hell about this. I wouldn't expect any genius to post this issue out on the Forum, but there IS a medium called Private Messaging that goes a long way in the communications envelope. And, no, I wouldn't expect Comcast (the biggest fish) to start throwing pitchforks like the crazed lunatics that they are. They have much more important duty to avail themselves to than what goes on here. That's a fact of God. Damn if this ain't remarkable!
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

damn i don't think they would be to happy to hear about subbing a box that has been missing for over a year...
duffy

Post by duffy »

It's weird that provider is taking the way to change the key because it can just push the testing to another level. Until today, I was thinking that provider was "agree" with some (semi) private and limited testing methods, whatever if, and only if ic chip access stay not compromized.

However, I don't understand why, provider seem to push testing to another level. Maybe pass card schedule is already known ? if not why ?
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

still hoping for a fix for key change without resubbing
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

OneOldguy wrote:still hoping for a fix for key change without resubbing
lol.....give up buddy, not gonna happen, i'm not being rude or nothing. just sayin....

are you allowed to buy/sell used boxes where you are located? or do you have to return them to the caco when you end your sub? if you can own your own then there shouldn't be a prob with subbing that box for a bit to get those keys...
live your life like a beer commericial
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Killswitch wrote:I"m just as slackjawed as Hell about this. I wouldn't expect any genius to post this issue out on the Forum, but there IS a medium called Private Messaging that goes a long way in the communications envelope. And, no, I wouldn't expect Comcast (the biggest fish) to start throwing pitchforks like the crazed lunatics that they are. They have much more important duty to avail themselves to than what goes on here. That's a fact of God. Damn if this ain't remarkable!
business is business, and when a business is loosing money due to theft then no matter how big they are the WILL start fighting. they pay people to do just that! and if you don't believe me I assure you that there are members here that can testify that the caco is watching and has in the past put their thumb down to certain individuals who have attracted to much attention! that is the fact of god! ...what you think just cause a company is big they don't care? lmfao, that's the funniest thing I've read here in a long time....those are the guys that can throw $ in the air to stop certain things if/once they get to big....and defeating their key changing system would 100% pull their complete attention our way !!!!!
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

The reason why you lean in this direction is because you already KNOW how to button this up and write Keys to your boxes. You're a Loose Cannon - you run loose/fast. If I didn't know better, Shaw and Cogeco probably update their Keys roughly every 18 months or so. In the city of Brotherly Love (Phila PA) Keys get
updated roughly every 9 months. One of our Members recently hit a DCH3416 with every Movie and Sports tier that Comcast offers and I was only able to recover the Basic tier. He made that UNENCRYPTED and everything else is still hung up in the XC . What to do? I wanna know how to write Keys. Won't give up until I can. Goodday.
moddog

Post by moddog »

You can check the lock smith a few block a way.
Good better best
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Killswitch wrote:... One of our Members recently hit a DCH3416 with every Movie and Sports tier that Comcast offers and I was only able to recover the Basic tier....
I believe his box was not protected and got de-authorized. That's the only way to lose two sets of keys in a short period of time. I admire your persistence.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

No, Sir, you misunderstand and I will clarify. That DCH3416 is mine and it's my belief that, once reauthorized(was done on the sly) that all previous channels will come out to say hello once again. This particular STB had every Movie, Sports and HD tier available. Now, is stuck trying to update the TV Guide app. So, in other words, it has a good Boot, Platform and NVRAM . Kinda like a Bare Bones box. No Guide,Menus but still CONNECTED since it can't update. Last Key change around here was Veterans Day and it went down. Somebody Hit the box with an Auth Code that enabled ONLY the Basics. He made them all UNENCRYPTED and the other tiers remain encrypted and behind the wall of the XC. Was a strange hit. I would've thought that the Hit would've made it possible to Update all Apps and NVRAM. Still have a non-local Channel Map and still cannot complete downloading the TV Guide 80.48 . Gets halfway and quits every time. Would like to see Cinemax and Showtime once again. They were good Movie channels. What to do? I would almost pay somebody to teach me the trick of writing a new set of Keys. But, as you can see, just ain't happenin' here.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Killswitch wrote:No, Sir, you misunderstand and I will clarify. That DCH3416 is mine and it's my belief that, once reauthorized(was done on the sly) that all previous channels will come out to say hello once again. This particular STB had every Movie, Sports and HD tier available. Now, is stuck trying to update the TV Guide app. So, in other words, it has a good Boot, Platform and NVRAM . Kinda like a Bare Bones box. No Guide,Menus but still CONNECTED since it can't update. Last Key change around here was Veterans Day and it went down. Somebody Hit the box with an Auth Code that enabled ONLY the Basics. He made them all UNENCRYPTED and the other tiers remain encrypted and behind the wall of the XC. Was a strange hit. I would've thought that the Hit would've made it possible to Update all Apps and NVRAM. Still have a non-local Channel Map and still cannot complete downloading the TV Guide 80.48 . Gets halfway and quits every time. Would like to see Cinemax and Showtime once again. They were good Movie channels. What to do? I would almost pay somebody to teach me the trick of writing a new set of Keys. But, as you can see, just ain't happenin' here.
did you have the non-local channel map before the change when you had all the channels?
[email protected]

Why

Post by [email protected] »

Guys why so sad :( ? This is just an opportunity to learn a new item. Some of you have made lost of $$$. Now it's time to see who is going to figure out what to do.
I like helping out people that have more than 1/2 a brain and contribute to the cause but the rest just want a hand out.
There is a way....... :)
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Killswitch wrote:No, Sir, you misunderstand and I will clarify....
Unfortunately, I still don't get you. Are you trying to say that the new subscription didn't work? The caco couldn't get you the encrypted channels on a box that previously was OK and then un-subbed? If such a case, you may need a new M-Card. If that doesn't help there is another fix for a box not receiving encrypted channels, it has to be completely cleared of all the firmware/software before the new download kicks in but that require certain software/hardware that I doubt you have. The box needs the MTC code to be able to do that. It is called Deleting Objects, complete clearance of the box, not just resetting to factory settings. I have seen a lot DCH3XXX boxes recovering encrypted channels after such a procedure, no hardware was found at fault. But then again, you don't have such things available. Or maybe it's just a hardware problem.
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

yes we have to return boxes to caco after desub
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

not really have to return to cc