dct 2224 loosing premium channels

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
OneOldguy

dct 2224 loosing premium channels

Post by OneOldguy »

The box recently started loosing premium I tried to uncheck channel block update left it for a while and it updated I notice because it when from not authorized to subscribe for this channel when I flash nvram with all premiums it stays at not authorized what am I doing wrong.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

OneOldguy wrote:The box recently started loosing premium I tried to uncheck channel block update left it for a while and it updated I notice because it when from not authorized to subscribe for this channel when I flash nvram with all premiums it stays at not authorized what am I doing wrong.
your box might be going through a key change, in which case the only way to get em back is to resub to get the new keys.
live your life like a beer commericial
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

so theres nothing i can try but reseub?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

OneOldguy wrote:so theres nothing i can try but reseub?
not necessarily..when was the box last subbed?
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

about 1 month ago or so
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

its even lost channel 34 which its espn
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

look up firmware update, it's very easy to do. sounds like that may solve your problems if they are just going to black screen, if you are getting the message it might be a key change, but you have a dct700 as well right? are you getting the same thing with that box as well? were they both last subbd at the same time?
OneOldguy

Post by OneOldguy »

the 700 hasn't been used in a while and gives me a black screen on some ch.
others like ch.5 show the dct2224 i think it might be the keychange because it was subbed about a year ago how can i fix keychange?
DRGIGGLED

Post by DRGIGGLED »

I don't think you can fix key change unless you resub. I have the same issue.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Actually, there are ways to write a new set of Keys to your box but the Geniuses that reside here refuse to move forward on this issue. They'll say that the matter has nothing to do with reprogramming ore use of the Hardware we use here. Personally, I think that many of these Senior Members are Pansies and , no doubt, Flower Children. There have been issues of greater magnitude solved here and I just shake my head from side/side. Our Admin, who is normally an exceptional troubleshooter, won't even get close to a discussion about Keys. It's like being North Korean. Completely, totally unacceptible. Bah !
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

C'mon man, dont be calling senior members pansies. They're smart mofo's who are tired of handing shit over constantly over the years due to laziness on others parts. Additionally, public info of these types of things NEVER lead to a positive outcome.

Look what happened to the cable modem community.

The answers are right under your damn fingertips, plastered all over the forums. And you certainly dont have to be a hardcore computer programmer to figure it out.

You people tend to overthink the shit outta things, and thats the problem.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Criss Angel - this answer sure as Hell isn't under my fingertips. The only thing under these tips are crud from working on a 1964 Ford Falcon Futura Tudor Sedan. I've recently had somebody hit my DCH3416 with almost everything subscribed to it and only the Basic tier was able to be recovered. He made the Basics Unencrypted and everything else is still hung up inside the XC. I consider this totally impossible. Any Hit with updated Keys should've unlocked everything else out into the open. Sum totally impossible - what has happened here has no business happenin' . I enjoy the way you refer to me as YOU PEOPLE. A true chuckley-poo. You're good, Criss.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

Nice!!! What year? I've got a 78 Corvette. I love her more than I love my kids. You doing a restore on her, or just maintaining her?

As for the boxes. Theres two ways. One way that EVERYONE can accomplish, and theres actually multiple variances of that way.... and then theres another way that only a few guys.... NOT including myself, can accomplish. Actually, change few to couple.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

the problem with letting the "cat outa the bag" with key changes is that once it happens the community would be shut down in about 10 mins - including this site. this has happend in the past with the satellite community. as it stands now we are "allowed" to do the stuff we do by the caco's. dont think that they are not here and watching this site. this is pretty much the only site that really tests the way we do. if this info was released do you really think they would just keep sitting there watching? absolutely NOT
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

OneOldguy wrote:the 700 hasn't been used in a while and gives me a black screen on some ch.
others like ch.5 show the dct2224 i think it might be the keychange because it was subbed about a year ago how can i fix keychange?
DRGIGGLED was right in saying that the only way your going to get those keys is to sub the box . just bite the bullet and pay for the sub for a month then just downgrade again, then you can also get all the channels you would want ;)