Problem with bricked 2000

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
p128sniper

Problem with bricked 2000

Post by p128sniper »

Sorry guys but another noob question. Tried programming a dct 2000 box ph8 and got it bricked somehow. Im getting flashing 8888 , here is what i tried

1) Detect
2)flshdct code
3)ldram code
4)ldram nvram
5)setram nvram
6)r a7 200400
7)r rpc 468
8)program code
9)cmpram code (data ok)
10) RESET (still flashing 8888)

ALSO TRIED

1)detect
2)ldram nvram
3)setram nvram
4)ldram code
5)flshdct code
6)program code
7)reset (box doesnt show anything now, no more flashing but does not come on at all)

ALSO TRIED the steps above but using "erase code" and "sprogram" STILL NOTHING. So i can either get it to flash 8888 or just nothing at all but i cant get it to come back to normal. Sorry again for being a noob but really need some help here.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Here are the steps as you say you did them
1) Detect
2)flshdct code
3)ldram code
4)ldram nvram
5)setram nvram
6)r a7 200400
7)r rpc 468
8)program code
9)cmpram code (data ok)
10) RESET (still flashing 8888)

Seams you as many other members here have failed to READ the 1000's of times that is has been said that when DeBricking a Target use SPROGRAM COMMANDS. For starters, that is............

Personally I would do it in this order

1) ldram code
2) ldram nvram
3) r a7 200400
4) r rpc 468
5) Detect
6) setram nvram Or (ssetram nvram)
7) erase code 3 Times
8) sprogram code
9) cmpram code (data ok) (I don't really do this When De-Bricking) Optional
10) RESET Power (Not RESET COMMAND)

But that's Just me. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have remotely helped him and seem to work fine on some boxes.
Some flash needs to turn CFI off (He is using 0.53).
Actually sprogram does not work on his version and program works just fine.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Really ?? Slow Programming doesn't run? Gotta be a first(for me) . That box belongs in the Smithsonian Institute. Another 2000 having to use CFI 0 . Damn, when that happened to my PH9 I was sucking soup thru a straw. The Noodles in Chicken Noodle will clog up the straw. And, our Admin puts a bandage on the boo-boo and it heals. He's a Doctor.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I have remotely helped him and seem to work fine on some boxes.
Some flash needs to turn CFI off (He is using 0.53).
Actually sprogram does not work on his version and program works just fine.
So what are you saying? that there is a Problem with Version 0.53 and the use of Sprogram commands? Or its a problem on the OP's end?

On the other hand, Why didn't you recommend to the OP to update to the 0.62 Version? I personally Keep all older versions, however use the most up to date version. I like keeping the older versions because in some odd cases I have found them to do a better job than a newer version but that is only on very rare occasions.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

sprogram does not work on that particular flash. But if we use the program it works.
So the proper command is to set rpc and A7 properly.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:sprogram does not work on that particular flash. But if we use the program it works.
So the proper command is to set rpc and A7 properly.
Very strange in deed, I have never once had that sort of problem with a PH8 or any DCT2000 Series Box for that matter.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:Very strange in deed, I have never once had that sort of problem with a PH8 or any DCT2000 Series Box for that matter.
No, it is the flash. I can understand why since I know the algorithm.
For some flash it needs more time and even the slowest clock speed is not enough. In the fast programming it pulls the status and will only continue if the words programming are finished. So it make sense. That particular flash cannot be done by sprogram.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:No, it is the flash. I can understand why since I know the algorithm.
For some flash it needs more time and even the slowest clock speed is not enough. If the fast programming it pulls the status and will only continue if the words programming are finished. So it make sense. That particular flash cannot be done by sprogram.
OK BOSS, Thanks for the INFO...........