Presto Changeo

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Killswitch

Presto Changeo

Post by Killswitch »

Good afternoon. It's your fearless Trooper John Goon. Something slightly peculiar has happened to one of my Test boxes that became NOT AUTHORIZED by a Key change. Almost all of the Basic channels are now saying ONE MOMENT PLEASE - channel will appear shortly. It makes me a bit more optimistic but not overly so. From what I know (nothing) that usually means that you don't have enuf InBand signal to pump a picture. Only about 5 chaqnnels remain NOT AUTHORIZED. Digital boxes are notoriously homosexual. Their messages change almost at will. I have maximum InBand - SNR roughly 38dbi which is strong. I have a PH9 Backup with the same Tuner, but non-PH Older boards do NOT cooperate with any PH Mobo's . I need some Magic. I'm beginning to chase my tail like Moddog does on certain nites. And, that's not good. Goodday.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Good afternoon. It's your fearless Trooper John Goon. Something slightly peculiar has happened to one of my Test boxes that became NOT AUTHORIZED by a Key change. Almost all of the Basic channels are now saying ONE MOMENT PLEASE - channel will appear shortly. It makes me a bit more optimistic but not overly so. From what I know (nothing) that usually means that you don't have enuf InBand signal to pump a picture. Only about 5 chaqnnels remain NOT AUTHORIZED. Digital boxes are notoriously homosexual. Their messages change almost at will. I have maximum InBand - SNR roughly 38dbi which is strong. I have a PH9 Backup with the same Tuner, but non-PH Older boards do NOT cooperate with any PH Mobo's . I need some Magic. I'm beginning to chase my tail like Moddog does on certain nites. And, that's not good. Goodday.
Does the Tuner get HOT?(Warmer than Normal)
If you TAP the tuner with say a screwdriver, Does the picture become Pixelated?
If so then you might have a bad Tuner. The DCT2000's notorious for tuners going BAD. There a PITA to replace, depending on Soldering Skill Level.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Naaah - the V860DL is good and doesn't even get warm. Was beginning to think the same thing myself - don't have a spare to hang in its place. A fresh CR4 or Old board backup isn't gonna tripwire the unit into squeezing out a change. For a few minutes, I thought that changing the UID/UPM and Network Address to my Account detail will NOT get the box to accept a Hit according to what's on your Account. That's wishful thinking and it won't book. Unless you've got a SPI Auth Capture, you're shooting blanks. And, as we all know at our level;, the Capture is specific to the box it started from. Which means this is meaningless. This shit blows. I've got a bunch of Senior Members now calling on me to supply an answer to this riddle. As you would say, I'm gonna have to train my attention OUTSIDE THE BOX. No other way.