Welcome to the Jungle!

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Would you prefer this in Morse Code? Or just Binary? Molson Ice is my fave. Apparently yours as well.
plain english works best for me..lol
live your life like a beer commericial
stomperz

Credit to Poster

Post by stomperz »

justsomeguy wrote:plain english works best for me..lol
Credit to Poster
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

macgyver12 wrote:Whats NEEDED is a database to store captured hits, organized by box model #, region, type of hit, date (and time if able...) and a few other items as well.

Comparison could be the key to the whole deal.
I like the way your BRAIN WORKS.. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Why don't you guys just go/do rather than to sit/spin ? The pros/cons of this issue have been ping-ponged back and forth since Xmas and I've already lost my window of opportunity twice over. Unless you've Geeked out all the way to Infinity, there are two (2) ways to go. Try and get Xfinity to inject an updated Key into your Test box (lots of luck with that one) or use the SPI Commander to pump an Authorization Code back into your unit. Gotta admit - SPI is beginning to look better and better with every spin of the wheel. That IS the ticket. Unfortunate that the commands can only be directed at the box it started with. Hey, ya know - ya gotta start somewhere.
universall

your area

Post by universall »

get a nvram from 10 blocks away and you should be back up
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hi! What's up? As far as a fresh Backup is concerned, I just don't see it happening and I'll tell ya why. I recently created an Account w/ Comcast and got a new DCT2224 with a PH8 board as a primary Box. I went and put the legit NVRAM onto a PH9 box that supposedly has many Premiums as part of its previous subscription but is totally NOT AUTHORIZED . The NVRAM copied over successfully and I got TV Guide, VOD and IPPV but all of the Basics remained NOT AUTHORIZED. I've learned that when Comcast issued that Key change, everybody became Toast. The only way to get up and running is by using the SPI Authorization Code and running it back into the same box that it started on. There is no crossover. Either that or hope that Comcast will Reauthorize your Test Box and put it onto your account. And, yes, there is Magic that some of the so-called Inner Circle use and, since this is such a broad, wide ranging problem, they won't pony up the Ticket. However, a fresh Backup will NOT open the door. I've exhausted myself seeking an answer to this and the answer is a closely guarded secret.