Multicast Addresses

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Killswitch

Multicast Addresses

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, just call me John. I've done my homework and I'm prepared. The reason my 2224's Old Board lost its TV Guide when I moved was because the MultiCast Address is no longer connected. It's a Fact of God that the Guide is an app that runs with and uses the Multicast Address pool that you see in the Guide's Menu. I would strongly suspect that some careful editing of a few bytes in the NVRAM will reconnect the MCA and allow TV Guide to load like it did at my old address. Obvious that only one man has the skill and awareness to know where to go in the RAM to reconnect the MCA and put this boy back on top like it was recently. So, Mr. USBBDM - at your convenience, would you please scribble the answer here or, perhaps, we can go into TeamViewer and you can take control. Thanx for your time and patience. Goodday.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, just call me John. I've done my homework and I'm prepared. The reason my 2224's Old Board lost its TV Guide when I moved was because the MultiCast Address is no longer connected. It's a Fact of God that the Guide is an app that runs with and uses the Multicast Address pool that you see in the Guide's Menu. I would strongly suspect that some careful editing of a few bytes in the NVRAM will reconnect the MCA and allow TV Guide to load like it did at my old address. Obvious that only one man has the skill and awareness to know where to go in the RAM to reconnect the MCA and put this boy back on top like it was recently. So, Mr. USBBDM - at your convenience, would you please scribble the answer here or, perhaps, we can go into TeamViewer and you can take control. Thanx for your time and patience. Goodday.
The main data in NVRAM has a table which has checksum in it. So simply edit the data will invalid the this sector.
The proper way to do is to use NVTool and edit it. Save it will auto fix the checksum and that will become the valid NVRAM. That is how it was done for a lot of data (time, networkaddress, password etc.)
Only thing you need to know is where is the address in NVRAM.