Adjustments

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Killswitch

Adjustments

Post by Killswitch »

Good afternoon. It's totally remarkable what will sometimes happen when needing to make subtle corrections to some Cable Boxes. After learning the deal with Box Time and shifting from 5 time zones to 4 (300 mins. to 240 mins) as well as going into 8.55 to pick up the UID/UPM Remote feature, I reassembled and came back with a) much different Channel Map b) no TV Guide and c) MCA not connected. Can't be too many people in authority here what MCA's are and what they do. I can only assume they're Multicast Addresses. Why I have a much different map (it's not the current Philly map for my area) will never be able to be explained. And, TV Guide app IS enabled but refuses to load/run the particulars. The only app disabled is the DIP FW 5.50 - the other 4 are enabled and good to go. Everything has become TO BE ANNOUNCED. This shit has become evil. None of this will ever have an explanation. It's not elaborate Security, closer to Voodoo. Goodday.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Good afternoon. It's totally remarkable what will sometimes happen when needing to make subtle corrections to some Cable Boxes. After learning the deal with Box Time and shifting from 5 time zones to 4 (300 mins. to 240 mins) as well as going into 8.55 to pick up the UID/UPM Remote feature, I reassembled and came back with a) much different Channel Map b) no TV Guide and c) MCA not connected. Can't be too many people in authority here what MCA's are and what they do. I can only assume they're Multicast Addresses. Why I have a much different map (it's not the current Philly map for my area) will never be able to be explained. And, TV Guide app IS enabled but refuses to load/run the particulars. The only app disabled is the DIP FW 5.50 - the other 4 are enabled and good to go. Everything has become TO BE ANNOUNCED. This shit has become evil. None of this will ever have an explanation. It's not elaborate Security, closer to Voodoo. Goodday.
Clearly you did not read the correct way of fixing the TIME Issuse. If fixed correctly it will be dynamic..................
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Oh, God. You would try anybody's patience. I now know in its totality everything about correcting Box Time. How does that factor into getting a much different Map, no Guide and no MCA, whatever that's for? Doing Older boards are a logistical impossibility . I've read the Archives out the yin-yang how hard it will be to get the Guide back. Prediction - I will NEVER get the Guide back even though it's enabled. I've read what that genius Cipher hadda do to get the Guide back and he was second only to Li. I'm not Cipher - close but no stogie. This is some nauseating stuff here. It's no wonder that there are very few people here with solid answers. Just a never ending series of questions, over and over. That's why you're the way you are.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Oh, God. You would try anybody's patience. I now know in its totality everything about correcting Box Time. How does that factor into getting a much different Map, no Guide and no MCA, whatever that's for? Doing Older boards are a logistical impossibility . I've read the Archives out the yin-yang how hard it will be to get the Guide back. Prediction - I will NEVER get the Guide back even though it's enabled. I've read what that genius Cipher hadda do to get the Guide back and he was second only to Li. I'm not Cipher - close but no stogie. This is some nauseating stuff here. It's no wonder that there are very few people here with solid answers. Just a never ending series of questions, over and over. That's why you're the way you are.
What are you talking about? Getting guide on all boxes is not a problem. Easy enough to fix. If its not working for you then it is user error, Not a problem with the box itself. I have yet to come across a box I cant get the guide to work...............
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Guide

Post by Killswitch »

Here's what I'm talking about, Sylvester. Reloaded the same NVRAM that had the current Guide before to change time 60 mins. Version 80.07 ... and reloaded 8.55 to have the convenience of the UID/UPM Remote app . Jacked the line straight into the Tuner and it came out a much different unit. That's categorically IN-SANE ! If User Error exists here, I've got a Yankees ballcap that I've got knife and fork and seasoned salt for and I'm ready to cut it into pieces and eat the bitch! Even tried loading 7.93 with the SPI and it just sets there at ASTB BLDG and won't use the 720 secs.(12 mins) to load the rest of the apps. Gives me a DL04 error and won't even start. This is clearly Lunatic Fringe.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Here's what I'm talking about, Sylvester. Reloaded the same NVRAM that had the current Guide before to change time 60 mins. Version 80.07 ... and reloaded 8.55 to have the convenience of the UID/UPM Remote app . Jacked the line straight into the Tuner and it came out a much different unit. That's categorically IN-SANE ! If User Error exists here, I've got a Yankees ballcap that I've got knife and fork and seasoned salt for and I'm ready to cut it into pieces and eat the bitch! Even tried loading 7.93 with the SPI and it just sets there at ASTB BLDG and won't use the 720 secs.(12 mins) to load the rest of the apps. Gives me a DL04 error and won't even start. This is clearly Lunatic Fringe.
It may be a FULL MOON or a Jamaican thing. LMFAO. Let me know how good the box was with the salt n pepper..................
moddog

Post by moddog »

CAPONE wrote:It may be a FULL MOON or a Jamaican thing. LMFAO. Let me know how good the box was with the salt n pepper..................
Yow yow...rasta why, jamaican thing? go easy youth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRI758dtl0
Good better best
Killswitch

Beyond Belief

Post by Killswitch »

I must be at the Zoo. I'm close to the cages where the JackAsses live. I've recently moved but am still within the same Comcast service area (NE Phila) but I'm on a different Node. And, I'm running loose and fast on an unsubscribed line. And, because of those two factors, I've a) have a much different map b) lost TV Guide alltogether and c) have no coinnection to the MCA's. This 2224 lined up perfectly when I originally programmed it a few months ago. The Channel Map was the same as when I was using Analog Boxes. It grabbed the Guide and filled in the gaps. Now, the Guide remains Enabled but doesn't load up. If that's User Error, I've got a JockStrap ready for consumption. Just not happenin' . When I sold Test Cubes in the past, my Boxes remained fully Tested and rock-hard stable. These boxes are very close to being Bipolar. Probably need Lithium Carbonate.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:I must be at the Zoo. I'm close to the cages where the JackAsses live. I've recently moved but am still within the same Comcast service area (NE Phila) but I'm on a different Node. And, I'm running loose and fast on an unsubscribed line. And, because of those two factors, I've a) have a much different map b) lost TV Guide alltogether and c) have no coinnection to the MCA's. This 2224 lined up perfectly when I originally programmed it a few months ago. The Channel Map was the same as when I was using Analog Boxes. It grabbed the Guide and filled in the gaps. Now, the Guide remains Enabled but doesn't load up. If that's User Error, I've got a JockStrap ready for consumption. Just not happenin' . When I sold Test Cubes in the past, my Boxes remained fully Tested and rock-hard stable. These boxes are very close to being Bipolar. Probably need Lithium Carbonate.
you programed those at your old house didn't you? more then likely you are in need of a different nvram for the new area your in
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Cabbage

Post by Killswitch »

Good evening, Mr. Guy. I'm in a different part of the same geographical area that Comcast serves. I'm a lot closer to Center City but still technically in the Boundary of NE Phila. Won't run the Guide and I'm pissed. If I load the 7.93 with SPI from the Downloads section, it won't load the TV Guide app and gives me a DL04 error every Goddamn minute. I've been told this is User Error by one of your Associates and I'm wondering what kinda Tech we've got here. I'm on a different node and Security is THAT specific in the big city. God, this doesn't quite happen like this.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Good evening, Mr. Guy. I'm in a different part of the same geographical area that Comcast serves. I'm a lot closer to Center City but still technically in the Boundary of NE Phila. Won't run the Guide and I'm pissed. If I load the 7.93 with SPI from the Downloads section, it won't load the TV Guide app and gives me a DL04 error every Goddamn minute. I've been told this is User Error by one of your Associates and I'm wondering what kinda Tech we've got here. I'm on a different node and Security is THAT specific in the big city. God, this doesn't quite happen like this.
are you sure??? how do you know? cc's can adjust their boundries however they want, they dont go on any city boundry stuff at all....so is it possible that maybe you do need an updated nvram for that area? or are you POSITIVE that it's ok? are all your channels still there up and running? or have some dissapeared??? that will tell you your answer
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Good evening, Mr. Guy. I'm in a different part of the same geographical area that Comcast serves. I'm a lot closer to Center City but still technically in the Boundary of NE Phila. Won't run the Guide and I'm pissed. If I load the 7.93 with SPI from the Downloads section, it won't load the TV Guide app and gives me a DL04 error every Goddamn minute. I've been told this is User Error by one of your Associates and I'm wondering what kinda Tech we've got here. I'm on a different node and Security is THAT specific in the big city. God, this doesn't quite happen like this.
Poor little guy, Take a chill pill, READ and TRY AGAIN. LMFAO
Killswitch

Positive Reinforcement

Post by Killswitch »

Dude, if ya ain't got no positive reinforcement to bring to the table, take your Cue Card that you use with everybody and go back to the dark,dusty closet you do your Testing in. I've mastered other Test Cubes but those came with User Guides. Li has a superior Website but he needs to send a comprehensive Guide along with the Module. Most people will buy the tool and quickly be defeated by
its complexity. Rather than telling peeps to Read, why don't ya sporty up some real world answers ? The answers might stick, but advising peeps to Read ain't gonna turn the page.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Dude, if ya ain't got no positive reinforcement to bring to the table, take your Cue Card that you use with everybody and go back to the dark,dusty closet you do your Testing in. I've mastered other Test Cubes but those came with User Guides. Li has a superior Website but he needs to send a comprehensive Guide along with the Module. Most people will buy the tool and quickly be defeated by
its complexity
. Rather than telling peeps to Read, why don't ya sporty up some real world answers ? The answers might stick, but advising peeps to Read ain't gonna turn the page.
USBBDM has provided a pretty good tutorial on the tools which is included in the download of the software, unfortunately not many people bother to read it and just prefer to come here looking for handouts....that being said lets keep this thread on topic.

you didn't answer my question about being absolute sure that your box is indeed in the same area as your last place, and how you know 100% that its from the same area...have you started loosing channels on that box?

dont bother with that old firm that your trying to put in the box, and dont bother with the one from the download section either (that's basically for if people screwed with the boot and corrupted the box) do you have the original backup that you saved when you put the programming change into effect in that box?
Killswitch

General Instruments

Post by Killswitch »

Dear Mr. Guy : I wouldn't expect you to have memory for everyone's woe/misery here but I never had Backup in view of the fact that I Factory Reset this box more than a year ago expecting a miraculous recovery. Imagine that! Since then, I've received Full Backup for both Non-PH and CR4 for what that fine Local KevvKev said was North Phila. Needless to say, the CR4 never delivered what the non-PH fit into place. It seems as if I've lost only one Basic channel in the mix - the Speed channel. Just lost the Guide and now I'm told that the MCA's (what the f*ck are they?) are Not Connected. It was great when you would see that black square box at top of screen saying what the channel you were on is. Damn, I want that boy back! It appears that having 8.55 is preventing ANY manner of Update going into the box. Needless to say, I've defeated the Uplink out of common sense. You know the deal: the line was left running when I moved in. It seems as if an unsubscribed line doesn't get Updates and, I already know, that's a crock of shit! Christ, it took over two years to get files for a non-PH. I'll eventually have to ask a neighbor if I can Jack onto their line and see if it will Update me. I would think it will. Goodday.