Adjustments

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Dear Mr. Guy : I wouldn't expect you to have memory for everyone's woe/misery here but I never had Backup in view of the fact that I Factory Reset this box more than a year ago expecting a miraculous recovery. Imagine that! Since then, I've received Full Backup for both Non-PH and CR4 for what that fine Local KevvKev said was North Phila. Needless to say, the CR4 never delivered what the non-PH fit into place. It seems as if I've lost only one Basic channel in the mix - the Speed channel. Just lost the Guide and now I'm told that the MCA's (what the f*ck are they?) are Not Connected. It was great when you would see that black square box at top of screen saying what the channel you were on is. Damn, I want that boy back! It appears that having 8.55 is preventing ANY manner of Update going into the box. Needless to say, I've defeated the Uplink out of common sense. You know the deal: the line was left running when I moved in. It seems as if an unsubscribed line doesn't get Updates and, I already know, that's a crock of shit! Christ, it took over two years to get files for a non-PH. I'll eventually have to ask a neighbor if I can Jack onto their line and see if it will Update me. I would think it will. Goodday.
that is NOT correct. an unsubb'd line will get an update just the same as a subb'd one will.the caco just sends the info down the line, and if your box matches up to the paticular info then the box will update
live your life like a beer commericial
Killswitch

Asparagus

Post by Killswitch »

Dear Sir: This box is most certainly an illegal alien must like the ones that beat the American border. Its transposed UID crosses over to a DCT 700 back in the Greater NE where I used to live. When I first Restored it there, it initially had the same map that I currently have. However, within minutes, its Map updated to one that I used to have when I used Jerrold Analog boxes. Fascinating! Some oddball memory goin' on here. It ran the Guide full boat within 10 mins. That doesn't happen down here. It tells me my MCA is not connected and won't load and run the Guide. Presumably because it doesn't match up to anything. If true, how come it fired up another Map back at the old Ponderosa? This box was last used around 2004. Frankensteined in late Jan. 2013. A true Renegade. A total Castout like your associate who thinks I'm full of regrets that he doesn't gimme the drop on this boy. Never once called him by name. It would never occur to me.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

Do NOT compare yourself to cipher ever again. You two are on two opposite ends of the spectrum.

Also, if you are looking for help, I recommend you chill out with your weird analogies and one-liner's....it's going to put others off from helping you since they have to read through an essay's worth of random jargon, just to understand what you could have easily stated in a single sentence.

But the cipher comment..... yeah, way off buddy.

In regards to your issue, as Capone said, operator error. Try again buddy.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

i'm getting tired of cleaning up this thread. please keep on topic. also moongoon mcgyver is right, it is VERY hard at times to figure out what you are talking about...lol...
live your life like a beer commericial