Box Time

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Killswitch

Box Time

Post by Killswitch »

Gentlemen: how to use the Box Time entry of the DCT 2224 Testing Tab in JTAG NT Software 0.59 . I don't wanna Restore the unit nor edit its NVRAM to correct display. Everything comes up as Error execute Box Time. A short script to use would be most appreciated. Just a shame that issues as such are not expanded upon in the User Manual.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MoonGoon wrote:Gentlemen: how to use the Box Time entry of the DCT 2224 Testing Tab in JTAG NT Software 0.59 . I don't wanna Restore the unit nor edit its NVRAM to correct display. Everything comes up as Error execute Box Time. A short script to use would be most appreciated. Just a shame that issues as such are not expanded upon in the User Manual.
The script will not work. You have to
1. Read the NVRAM.
2. Edit the DS extry and exit.
3. Write back NVRAM to solve the day light saving issue.
Killswitch

Daylight Savings Time

Post by Killswitch »

Dear Sir: thanx for the timely reply. What is the appropriate address in NVRAM where I might be able to edit its contents to reflect DST ? Being a spoonfed Bobo has its occasional disadvantages. Such a proud unit, I want it to reflect the correct time. How are you? Good, I hope ?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MoonGoon wrote:Dear Sir: thanx for the timely reply. What is the appropriate address in NVRAM where I might be able to edit its contents to reflect DST ? Being a spoonfed Bobo has its occasional disadvantages. Such a proud unit, I want it to reflect the correct time. How are you? Good, I hope ?
To find out where it is,
simply modify it on PC and compare it with target. The address of the NVRAM can be different from box to box.
d0

Post by d0 »

if you go to dct testing there is the option for DST.
pasor

Post by pasor »

ak4d7 wrote:if you go to dct testing there is the option for DST.
Read the Nvram than go to dct testing menu Box time and change 300 to 240 and write to the box.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

pasor wrote:Read the Nvram than go to dct testing menu Box time and change 300 to 240 and write to the box.
That will do the trick BUT ITS IS NOT CORRECT WAY TO FIX PROBLEM.
Correct way is to Update year to current year. This way it will automatically change back next time the time changes. Your way you have to change twice a year. The way I do only Once a Year. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."