UID how to change it

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
krmax

UID how to change it

Post by krmax »

Fisrt of all i want to let you i am newbie , so maybe ur LOL reading at this, but i am trying desperate to bring back few boxes dct2224, i am trying to change UID and UPM from sub box to desub no authorize ECM box , i have an old USB-BDM JTAG tool can you direct me in right direction please , your help in replying is much appriciated thank you

I have buckup firmaware from both boxes.

If you think i am wasting my time in trying to bring back dct2224 from last ECM please advice
mikeeps2

Post by mikeeps2 »

the magic word search , find anythink here
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

krmax wrote:Fisrt of all i want to let you i am newbie , so maybe ur LOL reading at this, but i am trying desperate to bring back few boxes dct2224, i am trying to change UID and UPM from sub box to desub no authorize ECM box , i have an old USB-BDM JTAG tool can you direct me in right direction please , your help in replying is much appriciated thank you

I have buckup firmaware from both boxes.

If you think i am wasting my time in trying to bring back dct2224 from last ECM please advice
just to let you know you CANNOT add channels to a box..if the box was deauth'd there wont be to much you will be able to do...but to answer your question you change the UID through the remote. when you are modd'ing the box with your jtag there is a little box you check off to add the feature to remote change UID..once you do this power off the box and press select like 3 or 4 times to get to the hidden menu. once you get there it is the very lact option
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

krmax wrote:First of all i want to let you i am newbie , so maybe ur LOL reading at this, but i am trying desperate to bring back few boxes dct2224, i am trying to change UID and UPM from sub box to desub no authorize ECM box , i have an old USB-BDM JTAG tool can you direct me in right direction please , your help in replying is much appreciated thank you

I have backup firmware from both boxes.

This is not Dishnet Work or Direct TV so no ECM. LMFAO. Second if Box are Bricked, (Not responding in a normal way) then yes you can De-Brick them provided the Backups are Good and you have some clue of what you are doing. If by ECM you mean to say your channels went to (Not Authorized) then your SOL as Justsomeguy Pointed out.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
krmax

ok but!

Post by krmax »

CAPONE wrote:This is not Dishnet Work or Direct TV so no ECM. LMFAO. Second if Box are Bricked, (Not responding in a normal way) then yes you can De-Brick them provided the Backups are Good and you have some clue of what you are doing. If by ECM you mean to say your channels went to (Not Authorized) then your SOL as Justsomeguy Pointed out.
Justsomeguy/ Capone thank you for your replay but this is what i have:

DCT2224 box with update firmware and original captured command from CACO when back in 2009 the channels were authorized, in the last 3 years every six months or so i was getting messages "NO AUTHORIZED" and i was able to fix it until 12/20/12, since last CACO update around 12/15/12 i am not able to fix it. What i am doing is with my old USB-BDM using old usb-bdm software(2008 version) play via SPI-Command the old captured file to the box but still getting "NO AUTHORIZED"

My question is: Do you know what changed in the last update since i was able to fix box until 12/20/12 i know there is no access to XC, but since i have all backup and captured authorized command belonging to the box, do you think is just that new firmware stopping the box to get new video key? and if so what i can try to mod in the firmware so the box can take video key?

Again thank you so much for your support i am only trying to test/fix NO AUTHORIZED ECM:confused:
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

krmax wrote:Justsomeguy/ Capone thank you for your replay but this is what i have:

DCT2224 box with update firmware and original captured command from CACO when back in 2009 the channels were authorized, in the last 3 years every six months or so i was getting messages "NO AUTHORIZED" and i was able to fix it until 12/20/12, since last CACO update around 12/15/12 i am not able to fix it. What i am doing is with my old USB-BDM using old usb-bdm software(2008 version) play via SPI-Command the old captured file to the box but still getting "NO AUTHORIZED"

My question is: Do you know what changed in the last update since i was able to fix box until 12/20/12 i know there is no access to XC, but since i have all backup and captured authorized command belonging to the box, do you think is just that new firmware stopping the box to get new video key? and if so what i can try to mod in the firmware so the box can take video key?

Again thank you so much for your support i am only trying to test/fix NO AUTHORIZED ECM:confused:
firmware and video keys are 2 different things. if the caco changed the keys that you need to get those before you can do anything else. right now the only real way for YOU to get those keys is to re-sub the box
krmax

Post by krmax »

justsomeguy wrote:firmware and video keys are 2 different things. if the caco changed the keys that you need to get those before you can do anything else. right now the only real way for YOU to get those keys is to re-sub the box
Ok i will try to capture keys for a sub box, one more question how can turn on SPI on the sub box to make sure i can capture video key : it`s same type box i am trying to bet back, If you could help i am just asking because when i connected the null cable on serial port and open the SPI software i do not see anything. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

krmax wrote:Ok i will try to capture keys for a sub box, one more question how can turn on SPI on the sub box to make sure i can capture video key : it`s same type box i am trying to bet back, If you could help i am just asking because when i connected the null cable on serial port and open the SPI software i do not see anything. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction
i believe you have to have a "hit" sent to the box in order to get what you are after. might have to wait for usbbdm or capone to step in on this part of it. i haven't really played with SPI to much.
krmax

Post by krmax »

justsomeguy wrote:i believe you have to have a "hit" sent to the box in order to get what you are after. might have to wait for usbbdm or capone to step in on this part of it. i haven't really played with SPI to much.
Yes i am ready to take the hit but before i do that i want make sure that the SPI option is open on the sub box

I sent a PM to Capone i will keep you posted thank again for your support
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

krmax wrote:Ok i will try to capture keys for a sub box, one more question how can turn on SPI on the sub box to make sure i can capture video key : it`s same type box i am trying to bet back, If you could help i am just asking because when i connected the null cable on serial port and open the SPI software i do not see anything. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction
I sadly don't have any 2xxx's any more.
SPI is installed with the USB software "Firmware Testing"
Look for the check box to install the software.

Then started SPI Viewer - Called cc to send hit.
I used the automated service to record several separate packets, just in case.
Got box De-subbed (called cc to downgrade)
Sent saved packets and everything went back to normal.

Sorry I don't have any more info.
Key Changes - New Software
They will not work on another box nor can channels be added.

There are some test codes on the form to use with SPI Viwer. You will have to look around, they tell you if the serial port responds and the software and cable are working.

It was a very fun part of testing wish I still had a subbed box or two left.
Good Luck

The packets are good only for the subed box it was saved from!
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

stomperz wrote:I sadly don't have any 2xxx's any more.
SPI is installed with the USB software "Firmware Testing"
Look for the check box to install the software.

Then started SPI Viewer - Called cc to send hit.
I used the automated service to record several separate packets, just in case.
Got box De-subbed (called cc to downgrade)
Sent saved packets and everything went back to normal.

Sorry I don't have any more info.
Key Changes - New Software
They will not work on another box nor can channels be added.

There are some test codes on the form to use with SPI Viwer. You will have to look around, they tell you if the serial port responds and the software and cable are working.

It was a very fun part of testing wish I still had a subbed box or two left.
Good Luck

The packets are good only for the subed box it was saved from!
GREAT INFO !! thanks for sharing stomperz:cool:
stomperz

Humor

Post by stomperz »

justsomeguy wrote:GREAT INFO !! thanks for sharing stomperz:cool:
Thanks coming from you it has meaning.:)
Again Thank You
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
krmax

Post by krmax »

stomperz wrote:Thanks coming from you it has meaning.:)
Again Thank YouPlz: Don't Quote Post - This post will self destruct in a few hours for obvious reasons ... lol

My wife hates when I Bless People
I get a look and then good laugh's from most folks.
Stomperz, Thank you so much i will try i will keep you posted on the result

God Bless All the testers :rolleyes: