DCT2000 Trouble

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

techsandoval wrote:I currently have the USB BDM NT 0.15 is that to old?
0.15? is that the software version??? REALLY.....

viewtopic.php?t=8269
live your life like a beer commericial
techsandoval

Post by techsandoval »

lol thats the program that came on the computer that was given to me with the USBBDM NT. Can I get a link to download the newest version?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

techsandoval wrote:lol thats the program that came on the computer that was given to me with the USBBDM NT. Can I get a link to download the newest version?
dude look up !!!! I just posted it
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

techsandoval wrote:lol thats the program that came on the computer that was given to me with the USBBDM NT. Can I get a link to download the newest version?
like I said if you really want to learn how to program your boxes you need to do some reading...look at the proper forum for your box and start looking through threads ...start reading other people's problems and how they were resolved...look for things like debricking, backup, etc. etc....it don't take long to go through a thread...
techsandoval

Post by techsandoval »

Are you talking about USB JTAG 0.58 ?
techsandoval

Post by techsandoval »

What is this code for?

RESET 1
INIT
LDRAM NVRAM
SETRAM NVRAM
FLSHDCT CODE
LDRAM CODE
PROGRAM CODE
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

techsandoval wrote:What is this code for?

RESET 1
INIT
LDRAM NVRAM
SETRAM NVRAM
FLSHDCT CODE
LDRAM CODE
PROGRAM CODE
that looks like a GREAT start for you if you wanna program your box..but make sure you take a backup of it, actually take a couple backup's just in case~
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

techsandoval wrote:What is this code for?

RESET 1
INIT
LDRAM NVRAM
SETRAM NVRAM
FLSHDCT CODE
LDRAM CODE
PROGRAM CODE
This is the basic Steps and commands for programming the DCT2XXX Series Box.

Once you become familiar with them you will (Hopefully) Learn what can be omited so to speak, to make it easyer.

Keep in Mind they Don't apply to DCT700 and DCT2500.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
techsandoval

Post by techsandoval »

I tried getting the newest version of jtag but it says the file was edited back in 2008? Okay so I did a back up of the code and nvram. I hve have been reading a few posts about commands but havent read what to do next? I know how to connect the box to the jtag and run the program and commands. I know theres more to it than that.
antwandavis1

Help

Post by antwandavis1 »

What's up guys i have a problem i doing test on a dct2000 i made a good backup,started the writing process chose the nvram from a update box which was good,i just did a straight write nothing else reset everything and now the box won't power on nor does software doesn't see the the box what could have happen,any input is greatly appreciate.Thanks
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

antwandavis1 wrote:What's up guys i have a problem i doing test on a dct2000 i made a good backup,started the writing process chose the nvram from a update box which was good,i just did a straight write nothing else reset everything and now the box won't power on nor does software doesn't see the the box what could have happen,any input is greatly appreciate.Thanks
You erased flash and didn't wait for it to program. If box is compleatly DEAD, No Signs of Life on Display when you plug in Power, Then my friend, YOU REALLY FUCKED IT UP GOOD. Good luck trying to Debrick that. if its a PH8 I doubt you will be able to, A PH6, PH7 and PH9, Maybe you have some hope on those. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

antwandavis1 wrote:What's up guys i have a problem i doing test on a dct2000 i made a good backup,started the writing process chose the nvram from a update box which was good,i just did a straight write nothing else reset everything and now the box won't power on nor does software doesn't see the the box what could have happen,any input is greatly appreciate.Thanks
PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD....HIGHJACKING threads makes it hard to keep thing in order..