Channels getting removed

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
sflynner26

Channels getting removed

Post by sflynner26 »

I have a problem with DCT2224/2244 I let the box update block channel, apps, and XC. I transferred the channel list from a dct700 I get the guide and channels for about 5 mins then I power off the box or turn channel and from channel 1 to 194 get deleted any help would be appreciated. Thank you
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:I have a problem with DCT2224/2244 I let the box update block channel, apps, and XC. I transferred the channel list from a dct700 I get the guide and channels for about 5 mins then I power off the box or turn channel and from channel 1 to 194 get deleted any help would be appreciated. Thank you
May I ask, HOW DID YOU BLOCK XC??????? :)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

firmware testing using the script
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:firmware testing using the script
There is no Block XC, you mean block auth command to XC. Did you block Channel update? If so this prevents you channel guide from updating and will cause problems.

Try leaving UN CHECKED the Second and Last option and select the rest of the options and see if it solves your problem.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

sorry ya I blocked auth, I checked off all the boxes i'll try that out and see what happens thanks
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:sorry ya I blocked auth, I checked off all the boxes i'll try that out and see what happens thanks
No Problem.
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

I tried that and it's still not working when i leave both app and channel update unchecked the channels stay but my picture goes away and i get an S0a00 Ref code and if i reboot the receiver all my channels go away
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

sflynner26 wrote:I tried that and it's still not working when i leave both app and channel update unchecked the channels stay but my picture goes away and i get an S0a00 Ref code and if i reboot the receiver all my channels go away
do you have move then one cable line comming into your place? if so try switching boxs and see if it will work at the other location. this kinda sound like you may have a signal issue...check the signal..a cord that has a lot of splitter, or is to long will def cause some funky problems like channels comming and going..also that error message is usaully 90% of the time a signal issue
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:I tried that and it's still not working when i leave both app and channel update unchecked the channels stay but my picture goes away and i get an S0a00 Ref code and if i reboot the receiver all my channels go away
You can check what Justsomeguy suggested and also, Does this box have the Latest firmware as it can be related to the box needing to update firmware as well.

Check your PM......
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

i do only have one line that comes in but they re cabled my building about a year ago and the signal on the box says good and i'm on firmware 8.17 i'm stumped I think i'm going to start over with original let it update and try again
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:i do only have one line that comes in but they re cabled my building about a year ago and the signal on the box says good and i'm on firmware 8.17 i'm stumped I think i'm going to start over with original let it update and try again
Thats a good idea. And if the box gets channels, I would not use the NVRAM you made.
That may also be the cause of your problem. It would be better to get an NVRAM from a box thats the same model than your.
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

I'm wondering if it's not supported on my caco anymore because even with the original nvram the same channels get deleted and I have a DCT2500 that works just fine PPV and VOD work
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

sflynner26 wrote:I'm wondering if it's not supported on my caco anymore because even with the original nvram the same channels get deleted and I have a DCT2500 that works just fine PPV and VOD work
It could be but at this point is difficult to come to that conclution.

So if you write back original Code and NVRAM WITHOUT MODDING, Do you still lose the channels? Thats where you should start. This way you will know that if the box works properly UN-MODDED that the problem is related to the MOD and not your box.....
sflynner26

Post by sflynner26 »

Yes i still loose them with original code and and it does it on both old boxes i have the 2224 and the 2244 but all the newer ones 2500 and 700 work fine
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

sflynner26 wrote:Yes i still loose them with original code and and it does it on both old boxes i have the 2224 and the 2244 but all the newer ones 2500 and 700 work fine
i haven't heard of ANY caco stopping service to 2224 boxs..do you know anyone around you that you can get a physical backup from that is the same ph? if so i would try that ... before you modded the boxs did they come from you or did you buy them from someone else? basically do you know the history of the boxs? how long did you have them up and running for before all this happened?
live your life like a beer commericial