DCT2224 stuck on Program starts...

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
popeye54k

DCT2224 stuck on Program starts...

Post by popeye54k »

I have a DCT2224 PH9 that when I program it gets stuck after I select command "PROGRAM CODE." When I unplugged it because it was stuck, I get a flashing message on my display that reads "BER1" which after reading for a bit means your checksum of the platform is bad.

Is there a way to fix this? I do have a known good backup but now it will not work. I have tried the video tutorials with no luck.

Again, the only issue is that is that is not programing the "CODE." The commands that I've tried for the code is

Program code
Program 406000 ba000
program 400000 200000

It does take the NVRAM fine....any help is much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

popeye54k wrote:I have a DCT2224 PH9 that when I program it gets stuck after I select command "PROGRAM CODE." When I unplugged it because it was stuck, I get a flashing message on my display that reads "BER1" which after reading for a bit means your checksum of the platform is bad.

Is there a way to fix this? I do have a known good backup but now it will not work. I have tried the video tutorials with no luck.

Again, the only issue is that is that is not programing the "CODE." The commands that I've tried for the code is

Program code
Program 406000 ba000
program 400000 200000

It does take the NVRAM fine....any help is much appreciated.
YES, I have only said it 1000 TIMES, USE (S) COMMANDS
SPROGRAM CODE. WTF, People are so Lazy, READ This has been mentioned pleanty of times and Its not just for box Programming. WHEN DEBRICKING, USE "S" COMMANDS

Keep in mind that when you Use Speed 2, You are SLOWING DOWN Programming, It could be your not giving software time to do its job.......
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
popeye54k

Post by popeye54k »

CAPONE wrote:YES, I have only said it 1000 TIMES, USE (S) COMMANDS
SPROGRAM CODE. WTF, People are so Lazy, READ This has been mentioned pleanty of times and Its not just for box Programming. WHEN DEBRICKING, USE "S" COMMANDS

Keep in mind that when you Use Speed 2, You are SLOWING DOWN Programming, It could be your not giving software time to do its job.......
I always like your answers..you get to the point! Sure enough the box works now. Thanks!!!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

popeye54k wrote:I always like your answers..you get to the point! Sure enough the box works now. Thanks!!!
NO Problem Buddy. I am always Glad to Help, I just wish People would Read because Much of the questions asked Has been Covered and it Sure gets Old answering them over and over again. Just Know Its nothing Personal........

Glad you fixed your Problem....
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

hey capone when are you going to fix my box for me? i need you to CLONE my fully subb'd 2224 to a 6400 that only has basic. also i need you to get rid of the not authorized on a couple other boxs...:eek:
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:hey capone when are you going to fix my box for me? i need you to CLONE my fully subb'd 2224 to a 6400 that only has basic. also i need you to get rid of the not authorized on a couple other boxs...:eek:
The only Way I can help you is if you had your Prescribed dosis of Coffee wirh Bailey's. Let me know and we will get rolling on that. LMFAO ;)
popeye54k

Post by popeye54k »

CAPONE wrote:NO Problem Buddy. I am always Glad to Help, I just wish People would Read because Much of the questions asked Has been Covered and it Sure gets Old answering them over and over again. Just Know Its nothing Personal........

Glad you fixed your Problem....
It's the net, so I don't take it personal. Thanks for the prompt response. Trust me, I did read but the problem is when people find a fix for their issue, they never return and say what worked. So I did ran into a few dead end threads. Sure glad you helped. Once again, thanks!
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

popeye54k wrote:It's the net, so I don't take it personal. Thanks for the prompt response. Trust me, I did read but the problem is when people find a fix for their issue, they never return and say what worked. So I did ran into a few dead end threads. Sure glad you helped. Once again, thanks!
that is true...HOWEVER..there are many many threads where we tell people how to fix things and they either never listen or just keep asking the same questions over and over looking and not really pay attention..

if you have patience and just keep going through the forums you can find ALL the answers..:-)

ooo by the way capone...no time for the morning bailey's lately..lol..back to work so they kinda frown upon that for some odd reason..LMAO..
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

This happens. When people have issue they think their issue is unique and that is just human nature. Some of us had been tested for years but there are still a lot people just get started. It is OK to ask issues that might have been answered in previous threads. I know some basic questions had been asked and answered 6 years ago. It might be even difficult to find that thread and someone think it is easier to start a new thread.
moddog

Post by moddog »

And some time ppl ask a simple yes or no question and they get bombard with disrespectful words in my opinion that should not be the way it better not to reply, anyways USBDM the 2 modem that i ask you to help me with i was manage to get them go.
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Still don't change the Fact that MOST are Just Plain LAZY and want things handed to them. And for those that been testing for YEARS, Then they should Know How to Use the Search tab and do RESEARCH..........

And I feel no PITY for FREELOADERS OR SPOONFEEDERS. FTM