I need a lot of help with my usbbdm and dct2224 (Thanks)

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
Danksloco

I need a lot of help with my usbbdm and dct2224 (Thanks)

Post by Danksloco »

I've been trying to use this stuff and make it do what it do. I'm new here so I dont know how to put it. I don't want to say anything wrong but I guess im trying to test my box. usbbdm was helping me out but I didn't want to bug him to much. But now I need more help. He told me to backup my box then start playing with the firmware....I didn't tell him that I actually had no idea what he was saying because I wanted to try and find out myself. I'm trying to get all channels, I have no idea if i have a ph6 7 or 8 or whatever. I don't know if the boxes are bricked, dead, cloned....But I also don't know what bricked, dead, or clone means! So let me know whats up!

Thanks, holla!
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Danksloco wrote:I've been trying to use this stuff and make it do what it do. I'm new here so I dont know how to put it. I don't want to say anything wrong but I guess im trying to test my box. usbbdm was helping me out but I didn't want to bug him to much. But now I need more help. He told me to backup my box then start playing with the firmware....I didn't tell him that I actually had no idea what he was saying because I wanted to try and find out myself. I'm trying to get all channels, I have no idea if i have a ph6 7 or 8 or whatever. I don't know if the boxes are bricked, dead, cloned....But I also don't know what bricked, dead, or clone means! So let me know whats up!

Thanks, holla!
its good that your wanting to learn this stuff...but by simple searching you should be able to find out what those terms mean.....have you opened up the box yet? if not that the 1st step and you will see what ph it is....as for backing up and do all that stuff just start reading buddy.....lots and lots AND LOTS of reading!!!!! when was the box last running? was there channels up and running when you unhooked it? there's lots of info you left out but like i said do some reading and you should be able to answer almost all your questions
live your life like a beer commericial
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Danksloco wrote:I've been trying to use this stuff and make it do what it do. I'm new here so I dont know how to put it. I don't want to say anything wrong but I guess im trying to test my box. usbbdm was helping me out but I didn't want to bug him to much. But now I need more help. He told me to backup my box then start playing with the firmware....I didn't tell him that I actually had no idea what he was saying because I wanted to try and find out myself. I'm trying to get all channels, I have no idea if i have a ph6 7 or 8 or whatever. I don't know if the boxes are bricked, dead, cloned....But I also don't know what bricked, dead, or clone means! So let me know whats up!

Thanks, holla!
its good that your wanting to learn this stuff...but by simple searching you should be able to find out what those terms mean.....have you opened up the box yet? if not that the 1st step and you will see what ph it is....as for backing up and do all that stuff just start reading buddy.....lots and lots AND LOTS of reading!!!!! when was the box last running? was there channels up and running when you unhooked it? there's lots of info you left out but like i said do some reading and you should be able to answer almost all your questions
moddog

Post by moddog »

We cant help you to get all the channels because that is TOS. I really think you should start do some reading each and everything that you need is already post and answer many times, look to the left of your screen there is some helpful video that can help you.
Good better best
Danksloco

Post by Danksloco »

justsomeguy wrote:its good that your wanting to learn this stuff...but by simple searching you should be able to find out what those terms mean.....have you opened up the box yet? if not that the 1st step and you will see what ph it is....as for backing up and do all that stuff just start reading buddy.....lots and lots AND LOTS of reading!!!!! when was the box last running? was there channels up and running when you unhooked it? there's lots of info you left out but like i said do some reading and you should be able to answer almost all your questions
Yes ive opened up the box and I just found the ph number. Ill read more homie lol. i dont know when the last time the box was running. But can't I copy stuff from a working programmed box and putit on another? But one of the boxes says "0" when booted and another said "berl" and another was doing weird stuff like it show on the tv and i saw the menu or channel listing but none of the channels worked, not even the first basic ones. It said unauthorized. But I mean Ive been looking at all the threads here and really cant seem to catch on yet. I'm use to hacking computers with rats and keyloggers and things like that. Now I want to learn how to do this cable box.

last but not least.....THANKS for the quick replys and help. Thanks peace
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Danksloco wrote:Yes ive opened up the box and I just found the ph number. Ill read more homie lol. i dont know when the last time the box was running. But can't I copy stuff from a working programmed box and putit on another? But one of the boxes says "0" when booted and another said "berl" and another was doing weird stuff like it show on the tv and i saw the menu or channel listing but none of the channels worked, not even the first basic ones. It said unauthorized. But I mean Ive been looking at all the threads here and really cant seem to catch on yet. I'm use to hacking computers with rats and keyloggers and things like that. Now I want to learn how to do this cable box.

last but not least.....THANKS for the quick replys and help. Thanks peace
this is NOTHING like playing with computers.although you do require how to use one if you want to program cable boxs~ :shock: ~ i really think you should take some time and read alot more then what you have, EVERY question you asked can be easily found.....it took me 6 months of pure reading before i even opened a box to get the hang of this stuff...and to tell ya the truth there is still TONS i have yet to learn....it never ends...so if you don't want to take the time to begin...then the end will be very near for you:cool:
Danksloco

Post by Danksloco »

justsomeguy wrote:this is NOTHING like playing with computers.although you do require how to use one if you want to program cable boxs~ :shock: ~ i really think you should take some time and read alot more then what you have, EVERY question you asked can be easily found.....it took me 6 months of pure reading before i even opened a box to get the hang of this stuff...and to tell ya the truth there is still TONS i have yet to learn....it never ends...so if you don't want to take the time to begin...then the end will be very near for you:cool:
Ok I was up til 4 am reading all night and figure out how to get basic channels! So dang that was pretty fast. Watched all the videos even though I didn't understand clearly at first lol and I used the search option a bunch of times. I'm a little more informed about testing then I was yesterday. usbbdm has gave me hints and it got me somewhere. But I dont know everything. Now I'm trying to figure out if any of my boxes can be copied and cloned to another. usbbdm told me to backup a friends nvram that is subbed and clone it to one of my boxes, what Im trying to say is how do I determine what state the box is in (bricked, subbed, dead..etc.). Like my friend gave me a bunch of boxes he use to test, are any of them subbed? Or has a subbed cloned nvram that I can copy and put on one of my boxes? That's what I want to know. Hope you understand where im coming from. Thanks for the reply justsomeguy.

HOLLA!!!!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Danksloco wrote:Ok I was up til 4 am reading all night and figure out how to get basic channels! So dang that was pretty fast. Watched all the videos even though I didn't understand clearly at first lol and I used the search option a bunch of times. I'm a little more informed about testing then I was yesterday. usbbdm has gave me hints and it got me somewhere. But I dont know everything. Now I'm trying to figure out if any of my boxes can be copied and cloned to another. usbbdm told me to backup a friends nvram that is subbed and clone it to one of my boxes, what Im trying to say is how do I determine what state the box is in (bricked, subbed, dead..etc.). Like my friend gave me a bunch of boxes he use to test, are any of them subbed? Or has a subbed cloned nvram that I can copy and put on one of my boxes? That's what I want to know. Hope you understand where im coming from. Thanks for the reply justsomeguy.

HOLLA!!!!
No Wonder I always see you PMing. LOL
Well You have a LONG way to Go. How to Know if a box is SUBBED HINT = SOMEONE IS PAYING THE CACO BILL. So the Boxes your Friend Gave you = DUH Not Subbed. :D Hope that Answeres One Question.
How you Know if Box is Bricked HINT = DOES NOT RESPOND NORMALLY WHEN PLUGED, Front Disply = 8888, ber1 or EER. Hope that Answers another of your Questions.

And Last Buddy, Continue to Read to Find Answeres to your Other Questions.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

also it's gonna take a bt more then a day or 2 of reading to figure this stuff out!!! one big answer to another of your questions is NO YOU CANNOT CLONE ANOTHER BOX. this has also been answered probably about 2 thousand times..lol....keep reading bud and you'll figure it out...but the key is to read....read and read some more..like i said all those questions you asked can be found very easily...don't be afraid of going back into the forums a year or 2 if you have to...there is TONS of valuable info that goes wayyyy back...usbbdm told you to use a buddy backup to help you to get back a box of yours if it isn't working and you don't have a backup of it...that's the 1st and main thing to do to any box.....take at least 3 backup's to ensure you got a good one..then after that you can usually get the box back and up running if you screw it up
Danksloco

Post by Danksloco »

TUNDRA wrote:No Wonder I always see you PMing. LOL
Well You have a LONG way to Go. How to Know if a box is SUBBED HINT = SOMEONE IS PAYING THE CACO BILL. So the Boxes your Friend Gave you = DUH Not Subbed. :D Hope that Answeres One Question.
How you Know if Box is Bricked HINT = DOES NOT RESPOND NORMALLY WHEN PLUGED, Front Disply = 8888, ber1 or EER. Hope that Answers another of your Questions.

And Last Buddy, Continue to Read to Find Answeres to your Other Questions.
Wow that's great! Yea I was wondering what ber1 meant and bam, it means it's bricked. So thanks for that info. I will be reading much more. Especially before dropping Q (questions) bombs ;)
justsomeguy wrote:also it's gonna take a bt more then a day or 2 of reading to figure this stuff out!!! one big answer to another of your questions is NO YOU CANNOT CLONE ANOTHER BOX. this has also been answered probably about 2 thousand times..lol....keep reading bud and you'll figure it out...but the key is to read....read and read some more..like i said all those questions you asked can be found very easily...don't be afraid of going back into the forums a year or 2 if you have to...there is TONS of valuable info that goes wayyyy back...usbbdm told you to use a buddy backup to help you to get back a box of yours if it isn't working and you don't have a backup of it...that's the 1st and main thing to do to any box.....take at least 3 backup's to ensure you got a good one..then after that you can usually get the box back and up running if you screw it up
See why you gotta hate? I've been reading for days! I got the tool like a week ago. Started reading here days before. I'm just happy I can read lol. But I here you when you say look in the forums, even years back. I'm starting to get the hang of it. Actually I'm im that "friends" house now trying to backup his nvram and clone it to mines......wait that's possible right? Thats' what you guys have me doing right?

Ill post and let you guys know my progress....cya
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Danksloco wrote:Wow that's great! Yea I was wondering what ber1 meant and bam, it means it's bricked. So thanks for that info. I will be reading much more. Especially before dropping Q (questions) bombs ;)

See why you gotta hate? I've been reading for days! I got the tool like a week ago. Started reading here days before. I'm just happy I can read lol. But I here you when you say look in the forums, even years back. I'm starting to get the hang of it. Actually I'm im that "friends" house now trying to backup his nvram and clone it to mines......wait that's possible right? Thats' what you guys have me doing right?

Ill post and let you guys know my progress....cya
Ber1 is Soft Bricked Easy to Fix. Same as ERR is Easy to Fix. 8888 Very Hard To DeBrick.

As for the NVRAM over at your Buddys, His Box Must be Same Model and Board Rev...
Danksloco

Post by Danksloco »

What is board rev? The ph8? its a dct2224 just like mines.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Danksloco wrote:What is board rev? The ph8? its a dct2224 just like mines.
YES. Just becouse its a DCT2224 Does not mean its Same PH Rev.
Theres PH6,PH7,PH8 and PH9. They all Look the Same as far as the Box Goes.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Danksloco

Post by Danksloco »

TUNDRA wrote:YES. Just becouse its a DCT2224 Does not mean its Same PH Rev.
Theres PH6,PH7,PH8 and PH9. They all Look the Same as far as the Box Goes.
Ok got cha. I figured out how to find out what ph number it was by looking on the board. I see. Thanks. I backed it up and now about to clone.
Danksloco

Post by Danksloco »

Ok both boards are ph8. But now I cant seem to clone the subbed box properly. I can't get channels past 30 basically. I scanned through the open channels and channels like tnt, usa, bet and all that I don't get. My friend had all those channels. What could of happened? I'm off to read. Let me know what's up. Peace