Old Board Non PH

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
JaV

Old Board Non PH

Post by JaV »

I have a 240684-011-99-RA. This is described as an Old Board and I read on here the following "To use BDM, hardware watch dog must be disabled. One easy way is to lift the capacitor of C105." Do I Solder it off or cut it off? Does it need to go back on there? Also after I lift it does the power have to be switched on? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)
joe9877000

Post by joe9877000 »

You just lift one of its legs off of the board.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

JaV wrote:I have a 240684-011-99-RA. This is described as an Old Board and I read on here the following "To use BDM, hardware watch dog must be disabled. One easy way is to lift the capacitor of C105." Do I Solder it off or cut it off? Does it need to go back on there? Also after I lift it does the power have to be switched on? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)
CUt it Off. The box works jusr fine with out it.
dct700newbie

Post by dct700newbie »

is there any other way around this without messing with the capacitor.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

dct700newbie wrote:is there any other way around this without messing with the capacitor.
If you want to do BDM you need to do it. No other way found yet.
junctionbox

friend

Post by junctionbox »

it is another way get your self a ph 7,8 or 9 theres your other way friend
junctionbox
d0

Post by d0 »

maybe he can use a thin wire to short the C105
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ak4d7 wrote:maybe he can use a thin wire to short the C105
Maybe a Good Way to Screew Up the Box for Good.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

i just cut the resistor right off with a pair of side cutters and they work just fine...very very easy to do...now i don't know if cutting that off will effect it if you want to go and sub that box in the future or not..maybe someone else can verify that part...
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

If you are worried about it then why not just cut one leg and then solder it back? It's not really a good idea to mod subbed equipment if you don't own it. Like Tundra said shorting the capacitor might not be a good idea.
moddog

Read this

Post by moddog »

It depends on the jurisdiction you are in. In most countries or states, tampering with any kind of utility box on the street or in a home may well be considered to be criminal. If the tampering results in damage, which is likely, charges of criminal or malicious damage may apply. If the tampering is with a view to obtaining services without paying for them, offences of theft or fraud might be considered.
In most jurisdictions, fines may be considered but the offences are also very likely to carry a jail term as well as or instead of a fine.
junctionbox

Hey teammate

Post by junctionbox »

Just do this when its time to return the box goto the power supply and just short it out then return it. Cc get 100s of broken units in every day their not going to examine the unit when you return it so stop panicking the boxes have a lot of wear and tear on them already and cc knows that.once they sign off and replace it its all on them .if they dont detect when you returned the unit if it was tampered with and they replace it its all on them if they find out later the box was tampered with they will have to prove you did it by then the unit was handled by hundreds of other people so keep testing bud.
junctionbox