How to fake Android to think you have a different device

Android Tips and Trick
joejoe332006

How to fake Android to think you have a different device

Post by joejoe332006 »

Download Market Helper: http://codekiem.com/2013/02/13/market-helper/

How many times do you want to install a nice app or game, but when you go to Google Play you discover that is not compatible with your device? Here’s few quick tips to install it anyway.

Easy way

We know that sometimes developers on Google Play restrict compatibility to some devices because they are not perfectly optimized for that device.

In other cases developers restrict installation of the app only from a specific country.

We now have the way to fake Google Play to think you have different device and even let it think we are from a different country with a different operator.

The app is called Market Helper and it requires root permission to work.

The first thing you have to do is to setup your phone to install from apk package because Market Helper is not available on Google Play.

You can just follow this short video:

You can setup one of the phones/tablet from the list and a country/operator and tap on Activate. It will ask you for root permission.

After few seconds it will show something like this:

You now need to go to the Google Dashboard to update the change you did. You just tap on the link and it will open Google Dashboard.

It may be required 1-5 minutes to detect the new device.

You can now go to Google Play website and choose Settings from the icon on the right side of the screen:
As you can see my Galaxy Nexus is now a Galaxy S3 and my carrier is now Sprint.

If you want to restore your previous settings you just need to select Restore to everything and tap Activate. You always need to go to Google Dashboard to update your change.
Wolfgang

that didn't work

Post by Wolfgang »

joejoe332006 wrote:.... Download Market Helper ...
JoeJoe, this sounds really good but it doesn't work as simple as you described. What kind of an account one should have in order to activate a device?
I have a tablet that Google Play has not approved *(Nextbook 7S). It is rooted and it gives a permission to this application as a superuser but it ends up with an eror: user account not found
Any idea why is this not working as you post says? Thanks.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

Wolfgang wrote:JoeJoe, this sounds really good but it doesn't work as simple as you described. What kind of an account one should have in order to activate a device?
I have a tablet that Google Play has not approved *(Nextbook 7S). It is rooted and it gives a permission to this application as a superuser but it ends up with an eror: user account not found
Any idea why is this not working as you post says? Thanks.
It may not Work on all Tablets, As you say your Tablet don't support google Play, It has to support google play to make this work. This only allows to get different apps from the play store that certain phone carriers don't allow there devices to download from the google play. Tablets also has to work with the google play to make this work as well.
Wolfgang

I owe an explanation

Post by Wolfgang »

joejoe332006 wrote: .. It may not Work on all Tablets ..
Oh well, the problem is not the Google Play itself. I can install Google Play fine but when I try to install an application directly from Google Play it says my device is not supported. There is no reason for that except that who ever made the tablet did not pay a certain amount of money for registering with Google (shame on you Google). Every available application from other sources downloadable as an APK file installs and works just fine. It is not about the incompatibility with the device, it is about the greedyness of the Google corporation. As far as the account error it is about a cell phone account which most tablets don't have. So, this app was meant to be used mostly for cell phones. By the way my tablet has Android 4.1 and it's not an old incompatible junk. That's it.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Wolfgang wrote:Oh well, the problem is not the Google Play itself. I can install Google Play fine but when I try to install an application directly from Google Play it says my device is not supported. There is no reason for that except that who ever made the tablet did not pay a certain amount of money for registering with Google (shame on you Google). Every available application from other sources downloadable as an APK file installs and works just fine. It is not about the incompatibility with the device, it is about the greedyness of the Google corporation. As far as the account error it is about a cell phone account which most tablets don't have. So, this app was meant to be used mostly for cell phones. By the way my tablet has Android 4.1 and it's not an old incompatible junk. That's it.
I bought my kids a "nabi 2" for xmas last year. they also did not pay the registrar fee so the google store didn't go on it . I have a file that will allow you to get google store on your tablet and download whatever ya want..at least it should allow you to. it does for me, that's the problem now adays when you get these cheap tablets (sometimes not so cheap as well) is that they advertise the lower cost but don't inform people that the main app store isn't on it....let me know if you wanna try it out but ii'm not sure if I even still has it. think it was titled PDA...something something...
live your life like a beer commericial
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

justsomeguy wrote:... they advertise the lower cost but don't inform people that the main app store isn't on it ...
It seems that people realized this issue pretty quick and now everyone asks if the product works with Google Play. The advertizing lately includes that part at least for those that are Google Play compatible. If it is not mentioned it probably doesn't work. Anyway, if it's no trouble for you to find it I would try it but if you can't find it it's OK, I am not using my tablet as often after I got my new smart phone so at least that one is compatible with Google Play. If I am desperate for an app on my tablet I simply download the APK file from another source online and then transfer it via USB to the tablet. Thanks.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

do a search for JMZROOTPACKAGE , that's what I used for the nabi 2. maybe search and see if it will work for your bran of tablet . if not I'm sure there is something out there that might be specially made for yours.. let me know if it works or not
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

justsomeguy wrote:... do a search for JMZROOTPACKAGE ,...
I looked at this package and it does the job for Nabi tablets by rooting them. That is something I already have done and my Nextbook 7S works with all Android applications I have tried. Many android devices are not authorized by Google Play to download and install directly from that web site or a few others that solidarized with Google also won't give you right to sync with their sites either. However, the trick is simple, once an incompatible android device is rooted and given superuser authorization (like you did with the JMZROOTPACKAGE) the same apps downloaded from other sources work fine. The only setback is that you have to download them separately online as APK files instead of the direct sync process from a website. It is not really a big deal to do so, just get the same app somewhere else. It might be a slight problem for people that don't know the architecture of the Android file system which is very similar to a desktop Linux OS. However that was never problem for me. Thanks again.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

Wolfgang wrote:I looked at this package and it does the job for Nabi tablets by rooting them. That is something I already have done and my Nextbook 7S works with all Android applications I have tried. Many android devices are not authorized by Google Play to download and install directly from that web site or a few others that solidarized with Google also won't give you right to sync with their sites either. However, the trick is simple, once an incompatible android device is rooted and given superuser authorization (like you did with the JMZROOTPACKAGE) the same apps downloaded from other sources work fine. The only setback is that you have to download them separately online as APK files instead of the direct sync process from a website. It is not really a big deal to do so, just get the same app somewhere else. It might be a slight problem for people that don't know the architecture of the Android file system which is very similar to a desktop Linux OS. However that was never problem for me. Thanks again.
sorry it didn't help buddy. I wasn't sure if it was just for thes particular tablets or not...guess that answers it. lol...I remember when I use to seach for apk files I had a search query formula from somewhere/someone that just pulled only apk files from google, non of the normal google gargon and crap, it just compiled a huge list of only apk files that you could download right from there...don't know if you have this already or not? but if not I can see if I can find that for ya if you want?