Windows 8

USB BDM software. Bug report.
usbbdm

Windows 8

Post by usbbdm »

Anyone had issues with Windows 8? I had one user asked he cannot start the app for Windows 8. If you have experience please reply. Otherwise I might need to install it and try it.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Anyone had issues with Windows 8? I had one user asked he cannot start the app for Windows 8. If you have experience please reply. Otherwise I might need to install it and try it.
I Tryed it and Didnt Have an issuse. Of course this is not an Official Release of Windows 8 As that will be some time down the road, But the Software did Work with No Problem.
d0

Post by d0 »

I was having some problems in windows 8 x64 release preview with it detecting the usbjtag/bdm nt always showing "USB not connected". When attempting to update driver in device manager I kept getting "the third-party INF does not contain digital signature information" and it would not install the correct driver. I just got it working by going to the start page, typing advanced startup, rebooting into advanced boot mode, after reboot choose boot mode 7- driver signature enforcement disabled. Then go device manager and update driver. Should update to the USBJTAGNT driver successfully. Thanks usbbdm.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Stick this thread.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ak4d7 wrote:I was having some problems in windows 8 x64 release preview with it detecting the usbjtag/bdm nt always showing USB not connected. I kept getting error "the third-party INF does not contain digital signature information" and it would not install the driver. I just got it working by going to the start page, typing advanced startup, rebooting into advanced boot mode, after reboot choose boot mode 7. driver signature enforcement disabled. Then go device manager and update driver. Should update to the USBJTAGNT driver successfully. Thanks to usbbdm.
Strange, When I connected USBJTAG NT it automatically downloaded drivers, then I installed software and it worked with no issues.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
d0

Post by d0 »

You may have tried on an older build of the customer preview. This was on build 8400 i think.

EDIT: only 64bit W8 need this
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ak4d7 wrote:You may have tried on an older build of the customer preview. This was on build 8400 i think.
Yes I did try it on the Consumer Preview.

I already have Windows 8 Professional downloaded from Directly from Microsoft But have not tryed it on that. even though if it worked on the consumer preview then I don't see why it wold not work on the OEM Version.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Microsoft is making things more "secure". I have read many articles regarding digital signature for device driver. So it would be expected if the NT driver will not be as easy as it on Windows 7 when Windows 8 is released.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Microsoft is making things more "secure". I have read many articles regarding digital signature for device driver. So it would be expected if the NT driver will not be as easy as it on Windows 7 when Windows 8 is released.
When I get some time I will pepare a computer with Windows 8 Professional and see if I have any issuses then.
d0

Post by d0 »

CAPONE wrote:When I get some time I will pepare a computer with Windows 8 Professional and see if I have any issuses then.
i just installed win8 x64 pro and it has he same problem, when connecting usbjtagnt to the pc app says usb not connected. usbjtagnt shows in device manager as "unknown device" and when trying to update driver through internet, it finds that it is a USBJTAGNT but it says "The third party INF does not contain digital signature information" and doesn't install driver.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

OK Here is the Scoop. I just installed Windows 8 Professional 32 bit. Unlike with the consumer preview, It did not auto download the drivers. So I downloaded and installed the drivers. It did give nag about the driver not being signed but It did NOT prevent me from Installing it anyway. Once done Installing Drivers, I then Installed the Software. Needless to Say its working Like a CHAMP.

So there you go, IT WORKS................... ;)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Microsoft is making things more "secure". I have read many articles regarding digital signature for device driver. So it would be expected if the NT driver will not be as easy as it on Windows 7 when Windows 8 is released.
Well it seams not to be the case USBBDM. I have it working perfectly on Windows 8 Professional.
I do have to say that on first look, I did not like it at all. But now after playing a bit with it and getting familiar with the differences, I AM BEGINING TO LIKE THIS WINDOWS 8........... ;)
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:Well it seams not to be the case USBBDM. I have it working perfectly on Windows 8 Professional.
I do have to say that on first look, I did not like it at all. But now after playing a bit with it and getting familiar with the differences, I AM BEGINING TO LIKE THIS WINDOWS 8........... ;)
i havent' had the chance to try it out YET.....LMAO~ :rolleyes:
live your life like a beer commericial
cosanovas

Post by cosanovas »

i install OEM from microsoft too and my windows 8 do not find the usbjtagnt .. any help or idea what else to try ??
thanks guys
CAPONE wrote:Well it seams not to be the case USBBDM. I have it working perfectly on Windows 8 Professional.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cosanovas wrote:i install OEM from microsoft too and my windows 8 do not find the usbjtagnt .. any help or idea what else to try ??
thanks guys
Did you follow my Instructiuons? I would bet Not. LOL

First I installed DRIVERS and once tool was recognized then I installed Software.

If you have Teamview, Send me ID and Password And I will help you get it working.

Also I am Using Windows 8 Professional.
Windows 8 and Windows 8 Professional are not the same, Even though I don't think it should make much difference.