3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

To be able to install the 64bit driver for usbjtag.

But other then that it works great with no problems.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

666c0ld666 wrote:I had to:

1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button

WOW, I did none of that nor did I disable Driver Signature Enforcement and Its working like a Champ. No restarting, Advanced Options, NONE of that......
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:WOW, I did none of that nor did I disable Driver Signature Enforcement and Its working like a Champ. No restarting, Advanced Options, NONE of that......
Did you setup on a fresh installed Windows 8 or you have earlier version of Windows 8 and installed NT and then upgrade to the latter build? That might be different. I think Microsoft is adding more "securities" close to final release. Early builds might leave security checking on purpose.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Did you setup on a fresh installed Windows 8 or you have earlier version of Windows 8 and installed NT and then upgrade to the latter build? That might be different. I think Microsoft is adding more "securities" close to final release. Early builds might leave security checking on purpose.
Fresh install of Windows 8 Professional, OEM downloaded from Microsoft. This is not the release preview or anything before that. I had No issuses and did not have to do any of the steps mentioned by last member.
I did however installed the drivers First and then Installed the Setup.rar and it worked with no problem. So in short, Windows 8 Does NOT prevent us from using Unsigned Drivers as some people believed.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cosanovas

Post by cosanovas »

CAPONE wrote:Did you follow my Instructiuons? I would bet Not. LOL

First I installed DRIVERS and once tool was recognized then I installed Software.

If you have Teamview, Send me ID and Password And I will help you get it working.

Also I am Using Windows 8 Professional.
Windows 8 and Windows 8 Professional are not the same, Even though I don't think it should make much difference.
Ok .I send u the info . As soon get home .. thank you so much
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cosanovas wrote:Ok .I send u the info . As soon get home .. thank you so much
No Problem Buddy....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:Fresh install of Windows 8 Professional, OEM downloaded from Microsoft. This is not the release preview or anything before that. I had No issuses and did not have to do any of the steps mentioned by last member.
I did however installed the drivers First and then Installed the Setup.rar and it worked with no problem. So in short, Windows 8 Does NOT prevent us from using Unsigned Drivers as some people believed.
Then you might consider run setup as admin. That should allow you copy files to certain folder. Actually if you want create and save XML file within the software you need to run as admin as well.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

1. Windows Key + R
3. Click the "OK" button

This is true for 64Bit, However there is easyer way to get there without all the commands to temporarily disable Signature Enforcement to allow user to install Driver.
usbbdm wrote:Then you might consider run setup as admin. That should allow you copy files to certain folder. Actually if you want create and save XML file within the software you need to run as admin as well.
Yes, Like in windows 7...
CAPONE

Temporarily disable enforce signed drivers on windows 8 64-Bit

Post by CAPONE »

In order to temporarily disable enforce signed drivers on windows 8 64-Bit follow these instructions.

From desktop move mouse pointer to top or bottom right Conner and click on the settings tab then click on change PC settings.

In PC settings screen go to general and scroll down to the bottom of page then click on Restart now under advanced startup and then chose second option, Troubleshoot and then chose advanced Options.

In Advanced options chose startup settings then click on restart. Then in next screen press (F7).

Once the PC restarts, you will be able to install the unsigned Drivers. After installing the Drivers, Run the Setup.rar for USBJTAG NT software and you should be all set.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:In order to temporarily disable enforce signed drivers on windows 8 64-Bit follow these instructions.

From desktop move mouse pointer to top or bottom right Conner and click on the settings tab then click on change PC settings.

In PC settings screen go to general and scroll down to the bottom of page then click on Restart now under advanced startup and then chose second option, Troubleshoot and then chose advanced Options.

In Advanced options chose startup settings then click on restart. Then in next screen press (F7).

Once the PC restarts, you will be able to install the unsigned Drivers. After installing the Drivers, Run the Setup.rar for USBJTAG NT software and you should be all set.
thanks capone...looks very straight forward..one question though, is this required to be done every time you want to install an unsigned driver? or will you always be able to after doing this just once? i DONT have windows 8 YET. LMFAO~ so i can't confirm my question.........YET.....LOL :eek:
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:thanks capone...looks very straight forward..one question though, is this required to be done every time you want to install an unsigned driver? or will you always be able to after doing this just once? i DONT have windows 8 YET. LMFAO~ so i can't confirm my question.........YET.....LOL :eek:
I beleave this is a temporary bypass in which case YES. However I have not had to install another unsigned driver so I can't say 100%.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:thanks capone...looks very straight forward..one question though, is this required to be done every time you want to install an unsigned driver? or will you always be able to after doing this just once? i DONT have windows 8 YET. LMFAO~ so i can't confirm my question.........YET.....LOL :eek:
Send me Teamview INFO and I will Hook you Up Buddy.......... ;)
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:Send me Teamview INFO and I will Hook you Up Buddy.......... ;)
workin for another 8 hours :sad:
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:workin for another 8 hours :sad:

I will be back around 10:30 PM..............
Cydia

Post by Cydia »

1. Windows Key + R
3. Click the "OK" button

I love it. Thank you very much, 666c0ld666.