trying to load usbjtag nt on a imac

USB BDM software. Bug report.
xy-Zee

trying to load usbjtag nt on a imac

Post by xy-Zee »

i tried everything and still can't get it to work on my new imac. i even went to the genius bar and they couldn't get it as well. they said its looking for a hidden folder which isn't there. so if i can get some help with this that would be great. thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

xy-Zee wrote:i tried everything and still can't get it to work on my new imac. i even went to the genius bar and they couldn't get it as well. they said its looking for a hidden folder which isn't there. so if i can get some help with this that would be great. thanks
The mac version was built and test on Macbook. You need to copy the files needed to be able to use it.
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

we copy the files but could not find the folder to place them in /usr/local/lib
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

xy-Zee wrote:we copy the files but could not find the folder to place them in /usr/local/lib
How likely to have a teamviewer or logmein session? I can take a look and see if I can you. If more people use Mac I will keep the Mac version up to date.
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

when is a good time for you yes i have ( teamviewer)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

xy-Zee wrote:when is a good time for you yes i have ( teamviewer)
Evening pacific time. PM me then.
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

ok np i'll do that today
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

hey boss please the keep the mac vergin up to date. im quit sure there are other mac user but they are not speaking up. also can you make a video in your free time? thanks
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

xy-Zee wrote:hey boss please the keep the mac vergin up to date. im quit sure there are other mac user but they are not speaking up. also can you make a video in your free time? thanks
i hope you don't take this the wrong way, or think that i'm being a dick.....but why is a video needed? why can't people just follow instructions? are people really that illeriate that they need a video for every little thing? if someone needs a video then maybe they should find a new hobby because you can't get any more spoonfed then having a video !!

sorry for going off on a tangent but i feel so strongly AGAINST video's in this hobby......
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I am not heavy user of Mac. I will find time to update the the software. As of video I am not sure how to do it. But after I help several person I might create a video.
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

Thanks boss
GhaleonX

Post by GhaleonX »

I will try and simplify the instructions of how to install for OS X:

Installing libusb

First, open a terminal, and become a superuser (type 'sudo su', then enter your password when prompted). Navigate to where you downloaded the file (or, you can drag the file to your terminal window if you need it to fill in the path for you). Type the following in a terminal window:
  1. mv libusb.tar /usr/local/lib
  2. cd /usr/local/lib
  3. tar -xvf libusb.tar
  4. rm libusb.tar
Installing Frameworks

Same as before, become a superuser and navigate to the directory you downloaded Frameworks.tar to, or you can drag the file from a finder window to your terminal and it will enter the path to the file for you.
  1. mv Frameworks.tar /System/Library/
  2. cd /System/Library
  3. tar -xvf Frameworks.tar
  4. rm Frameworks.tar
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

very nice, to bad it's almost a year old thread since anyone posted in it..but still a nice little tut you made. but in the future please look at the dates on the threads you decide to post in..

thanks.
xy-Zee

Post by xy-Zee »

good post GhaleonX
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

please close this thread down boss man, since the topic now has a great "how to" we no longer need people to post USELESS info in here