USB JTAG NT & Macronix 8-Pin Chip

Here we discuss the JTAG on platforms. CPU,CPLD etc.
levinthan9

USB JTAG NT & Macronix 8-Pin Chip

Post by levinthan9 »

Hi,

Is it possible to use USB JTAG NT to read this chip? If possible, further instruction on how to connect would be appreciated.

Thank you
levinthan9

Post by levinthan9 »

Just did a lot of research , and this should be a 8MB SPI Flash
Macronix MXIC MX 25L6406E M2I-12GF
levinthan9

Post by levinthan9 »

levinthan9

Post by levinthan9 »

And this diagram
levinthan9

Post by levinthan9 »

Help please. Anyone? I kinda need this badly :(
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

levinthan9 wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to use USB JTAG NT to read this chip? If possible, further instruction on how to connect would be appreciated.

Thank you
I have said this before and will say it again, SPI flash Is SPI flash, Same SHIT in a Different BOX. So your answer is YES, USBJTAG NT CAN READ AND PROGRAM THIS SPI FLASH. I have done so with no problems. In your case the only problem is you may not know the ISP point so you will have to provide external power to flash in order to read and program.

For pinout you can use the wiring diagram of the SB5101U as it will be exactly the same for this SPI Flash.....
Here you go so you don't hurt yourself trying to find it.......

Disregard the ISP part as this is a different target. and Use SB6120 as target to get a backup of this flash..... This is the same flash that is used in the New UBEE Modem and I have had no problem reading or writing to them.
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/modem/sb5101u.php
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

USB JTAG NT can program any size of SPI flash. Make proper connection is the key. I think in your case, the pins must have a connector.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:
USB JTAG NT can program any size of SPI flash. Make proper connection is the key. I think in your case, the pins must have a connector.
This is a Great Video BOSS but remember Not many so called tester have the ability to remove the flash from the board in the first place. Most barely have any Soldering skills, If they can even be called skills, LMFAO.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
levinthan9

Post by levinthan9 »

Thank you so much for your help, usbbdm and CAPONE. Guess I'm going to purchase that connector/adapter shown in the video to make the wiring process easier. Couldn't find that adapter in usbjtag shop.

Found this on eBay, but no US Seller. China = 10-15 days :(
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OTS-20-1-27-01- ... 27ca5969f6

Also, my uncle is a pro engineer and he helped me pulled the chip out already. Now I just figure out the ISP problem. Let say I can sacrifice my USBJTAG warranty, wire the 3.3V as shown in the video. Should I just wire the pin 1 of jtag to VCC +3.3V on the chip? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you Thank you
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

levinthan9 wrote:Thank you so much for your help, usbbdm and CAPONE. Guess I'm going to purchase that connector/adapter shown in the video to make the wiring process easier. Couldn't find that adapter in usbjtag shop.

Also, my uncle is a pro engineer and he helped me pulled the chip out already. Now I just figure out the ISP problem. Let say I can sacrifice my USBJTAG warranty, wire the 3.3V as shown in the video. Should I just wire the pin 1 of jtag to VCC +3.3V on the chip? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you Thank you
That will not work, I believe. even though it does show 3.3 volts with a meter. Had that been the case I am sure USBBDM would have not showen alternate spot on the USBJTAG NT.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

levinthan9 wrote:Thank you so much for your help, usbbdm and CAPONE. Guess I'm going to purchase that connector/adapter shown in the video to make the wiring process easier. Couldn't find that adapter in usbjtag shop.

Thank you Thank you
If your target support online programming, I am sure there is a connector on board that you can use to program.