Meraki MR16 Flash Support

This forum discuss about how to JTAG different devices.
forbiddendarkness

Meraki MR16 Flash Support

Post by forbiddendarkness »

usbbdm, by any chance the Meraki MR16 be supported to easily flash the nand with u-link NT or u-link Nand? the reason I ask is because the new openwrt 21.02.2 supported firmware isn't quite easy to upgrade.

by the way, thanks for all you do!
Forbidden
usbbdm

Re: Meraki MR16 Flash Support

Post by usbbdm »

Should be easily be done if I have one in hand. Let me see if I can find one locally.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

forbiddendarkness

Sir you are quick and awesome, I actually programed one of my Meraki MR16 using the TTL method which in turned lost it's original MAC address. So now if I use u-Link NT app I can backup the SPI chip and locate the MAC address and program it back in. So now I just have to order a 16 pin SPI clip. One more thing, will u-Link NT be updated to support the Meraki MR16 or will the supported files for MR16 be listed for download soon?

Thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Actually you can use soldering without the clip. If interested I can even make a video using the JTAG method.
I try to attach the xml file here and could not find it. Send me email and I can send you the link and u-boot.
forbiddendarkness

Yes sir, I would greatly appreciate a video using the JTAG method. Question for you, once I back-up the chip will I be able to located where the MAC address is stored so I can permanently change it? I will message you my email address.

Thanks...