Modem Docsis 3.0 Help

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate

Moderator: justsomeguy

elbarto

Modem Docsis 3.0 Help

Post by elbarto »

I am interested in a modem docsis 3.0 with 8 downstream channels and compatible with forceware or any firmware in which I can enable/disable bpi,bpi+ and change MAC and certfs. UsbJtagNT cable works in SBG6580 but is not compatible (nor unstable?) with forceware.
What modem do you suggest to buy in order to surf at 300 Mbps and works with UsbJtagNT cable?
Wolfgang

Think Twice before going down that road

Post by Wolfgang »

elbarto wrote:I am interested in a modem docsis 3.0 ....
An article from http://www.geek.com:

"This past summer in Toledo, Ohio, 23 cable modem subscribers were found to have uncapped their modems. Uncapping–removing software blocks that limit bandwidth to the node–is a violation of the service agreement the subscribers signed. Typically, when a service provider catches a client in the act of uncapping that client is refused further service and possibly fined. In Toledo this summer the uncappers were served search warrants...."

Read the whole article here: http://www.geek.com/mobile/fbi-nabs-17- ... ng-550236/
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

elbarto wrote:I am interested in a modem docsis 3.0 with 8 downstream channels and compatible with forceware or any firmware in which I can enable/disable bpi,bpi+ and change MAC and certfs. UsbJtagNT cable works in SBG6580 but is not compatible (nor unstable?) with forceware.
What modem do you suggest to buy in order to surf at 300 Mbps and works with UsbJtagNT cable?

his un released version of force works with 8 down and 4 up but he never gave it to the public so you will have to be content with force on 4 up and 4 down and the 6580 isnt puma so force will never work on that
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

elbarto wrote:I am interested in a modem docsis 3.0 with 8 downstream channels and compatible with forceware or any firmware in which I can enable/disable bpi,bpi+ and change MAC and certfs. UsbJtagNT cable works in SBG6580 but is not compatible (nor unstable?) with forceware.
Comcast has not fully implemented 300 Mbps on the current 8 bonding modems. They will be doing so on the 16 channel bonding modems of which only one is a retail model. I see no way to be able to read the flash from it, Not that I care to do so either. Maybe someone with more time on their hands will figure out a way. In any case the 16 channel bonding retail modem is a Motorola SB6183 and its made by ARRIS. Can be found in Best Buy.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."