Linkbox 8000HD Local for your viewing pleasure

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate

Moderator: justsomeguy

MrRogers

Linkbox 8000HD Local for your viewing pleasure

Post by MrRogers »

I am happy to announce that FT@ has taken a turn for the better, not in terms of testing per se, but overall ability to give television to households that cannot afford what companies, dish and cable alike ar charging. I managed to talk stomperz in to trying it, and by God he went all out and got not one, not two, but three receivers once he saw the light coming through the tv screen.

FT@ as of right now is a cheap alternative way to get much more affordable tv, and get all the programming on 110-119-129W satellites by doing a few simple things with the Linkb*x 8000HD receiver. I personally have a Dreaml*nk HD, and a Linkb*x 8000HD Local receivers for my FTA usage.

I subbed to Dish so I have a backup that is much cheaper than C*mcrap, and I also have 2 Apple TV 2's with XBMC with all the bells and whistles, so if anything ever goes down, I will always have sub's to watch. That is the key, always have a sub in case something goes down, satellite can be tricky is it is snowing hardcore or in major thunderstorms for the simple fact that getting a signal from a satellite that orbits 200 miles above the earth, the weather is bound to sometimes not always have a clear LOS, which is rare in my area, but does happen from time to time but not so much that it's not worth it.

I suggest that EVERYONE that can afford to purchase a good FT@ receiver and pay for a year of a p$ to give it a shot and see if you like it/your family likes it, the kids can choose from over 6-10 channels including the disneys and nickelodeons, and your wife and yourself can watch all the HB*'s etc, and fights that go on at all times without having to worry about if it's going to go down or not, because IKS in the last year has been better than ever with hardly any downtime AT ALL!

That's why I am ditching CATV because they are becoming more and more of a lost cause, we find a way around them, and months later they shut them down, and they basically have people on our site watching everything that's said, yet IKS has been known about for over 6 years now and they can't do jack to shut it down because it's essentially by subscription overseas that is routed through servers that are in non-extradition countries, so there's no downside to trying it if that's why you are into "attempting" to get free tv. Either that, or get an Apple TV 2 with Mash Up, IceFilms, 1Channel, and Navi-X on it and call it a day! Or go with both.... If anyone has any questions as to the dish they would need to setup or the equipment I recommend, feel free to ask on forums that are designated to help with that sort of thing, that's what these boards are here for to help others and to respond to and ask questions. Please do not take this post as an attempt to steal service from any provider in general but to obtain television in general without having to go through a provider.

Best Regards to all, and have a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all/Feliz Navidad

Here is a list of all the channels you can POSSIBLY get with a yearly subscription to a p$ IKS:

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-110W.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-119W.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-129W.html

I am no expert in linguistics, but for $80/year for each receiver, you can't beat the price to package ratio that IKS offers... As of right now, there are only about 3-4 channels that don't work and none of them are ones that anyone would watch, and you also get internationals, for all those chinese, latinos, spanish, cuban, and indian peoples out there!

There's literally over 900+ channels to choose from with alot of PP* channels as well that come in 24/7 with no scramble. And the Linkb*x and Dreaml*nk receivers they make these days allow for external HDD capability, so you can turn your receiver in to a PVR! Just make sure to purchase from an authorized dealer so you DO NOT GET A CLONE or you will have problems! As of right now, there are no clones for the Linkb*x 8000HD Local, so whoever you get it from, your safe, just make sure it comes with the LS500 module!!
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

If anybody is interested in doing this I am available to give advice on exactly what dish and LNB you'd need as well as firmware and how to set the box up. It's basically set and forget, but if that is not something your into then a Jailbr*ken Apple TV 2 or Roku might be an easier fit for those that have wireless in their house but if you want literally all the channels then the dish is the way to go for a measly $80 a year... The price point simply cannot be beaten.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

MrRogers wrote:I am happy to announce that FTA has taken a turn for the better, not in terms of testing per se, but overall ability to give television to households that cannot afford what companies, dish and cable alike ar charging. I managed to talk stomperz in to trying it, and by God he went all out and got not one, not two, but three receivers once he saw the light coming through the tv screen.
Funny thing is I don't really watch much TV. (it just runs in the background)
Everything the Man Says Is Absolutely
TRUE
No Bullshit
Not the hardest thing to do.
So if your looking for cheap TV while your testing CC this is the way to go.

Thanks MrRogers
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

stomperz wrote:Funny thing is I don't really watch much TV. (it just runs in the background)
Everything the Man Says Is Absolutely
TRUE
No Bullshit
Not the hardest thing to do.
So if your looking for cheap TV while your testing CC this is the way to go.

Thanks MrRogers
It's nothing really, I've been getting dish since the card programming days before IKS. I am glad to have helped out at least one person here with getting tv. Even if you don't watch it I'm sure your family appreciates it :)

This beats a Roku hands down, same with a Jailbr*ken Apple TV 2 because of the amount of channels you get, it literally has EVERYTHING!
I JTAGGED your mom.

bftiedt

Post by bftiedt »

I use FTA also. I actually have the same linkbox receiver. Couldnt be easier as long as you have a good server.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, man - Hats are off and put your hands together for Mr. Rogers' ThinkTank. This Man has set the Table for a Full Course meal and has a big, fat Turkey ready to be consumed in a few weeks. I used to have a difference of opinion with Rogers but, as time goes on, I certainly hold no grudge from a distance and, it looks as if he has the Target in focus and has tremendous
working knowledge of FTA. Fundamentally, most of the peeps are here looking
to be Spoonfed and catch the Edge. Not Rogers ! Seems to be a reasonably versatile Tech looking to catch the Edge by applying his knowledge directly. Thanx, Sir. Didn't know dick about FTA until you became the Teacher and put it to the BlackBoard. Good to have Chalk in hand. Keep up the good work. Goodday.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Lol KillSwitch I can't tell if your being sarcastic or actually complimenting me, either way I am glad you took a few minutes to take a look at my post, I honestly just wanna be helpful in the grand scheme of things, I'm not out to make money or to insult anyone because that's just meaningless to waste time like that. I hold no grudge against you either KillSwitch so I hope you are successful at whatever devices come along to test.
I JTAGGED your mom.

joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

MrRogers wrote:I am happy to announce that FTA has taken a turn for the better, not in terms of testing per se, but overall ability to give television to households that cannot afford what companies, dish and cable alike ar charging. I managed to talk stomperz in to trying it, and by God he went all out and got not one, not two, but three receivers once he saw the light coming through the tv screen.

FTA as of right now is a cheap alternative way to get much more affordable tv, and get all the programming on 110-119-129W satellites by doing a few simple things with the Linkbox 8000HD receiver. I personally have a Dreamlink HD, and a Linkbox 8000HD Local receivers for my FTA usage.

I subbed to Dish so I have a backup that is much cheaper than Comcrap, and I also have 2 Apple TV 2's Jailbroken with XBMC with all the bells and whistles, so if anything ever goes down, I will always have sub's to watch. That is the key, always have a sub in case something goes down, satellite can be tricky is it is snowing hardcore or in major thunderstorms for the simple fact that getting a signal from a satellite that orbits 200 miles above the earth, the weather is bound to sometimes not always have a clear LOS, which is rare in my area, but does happen from time to time but not so much that it's not worth it.

I suggest that EVERYONE that can afford to purchase a good FTA receiver and pay for a year of a p$ to give it a shot and see if you like it/your family likes it, the kids can choose from over 6-10 channels including the disneys and nickelodeons, and your wife and yourself can watch all the HBO's etc, and fights that go on at all times without having to worry about if it's going to go down or not, because IKS in the last year has been better than ever with hardly any downtime AT ALL!

That's why I am ditching CATV boxes because they are becoming more and more of a lost cause, we find a way around them, and months later they shut them down, and they basically have people on our site watching everything that's said, yet IKS has been known about for over 6 years now and they can't do jack to shut it down because it's essentially by subscription overseas that is routed through servers that are in non-extradition countries, so there's no downside to trying it if that's why you are into "attempting" to get free tv. Either that, or get a jailbroken Apple TV 2 with Mash Up, IceFilms, 1Channel, and Navi-X on it and call it a day! Or go with both.... If anyone has any questions as to the dish they would need to setup or the equipment I recommend, feel free to ask that's what these boards are here for to help others and to respond to and ask questions. Please do not take this post as an attempt to steal service from any provider in general but to obtain television in general without having to go through a provider.

Best Regards to all, and have a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all/Feliz Navidad

Here is a list of all the channels you get with a yearly subscription to a p$ IKS:

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-110W.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-119W.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-129W.html

I am no expert in linguistics, but for $80/year for each receiver, you can't beat the price to package ratio that IKS offers... As of right now, there are only about 3-4 channels that don't work and none of them are ones that anyone would watch, and you also get internationals, for all those chinese, latinos, spanish, cuban, and indian peoples out there!

There's literally over 900+ channels to choose from with alot of PPV channels as well that come in 24/7 with no scramble. And the Linkbox and Dreamlink receivers they make these days allow for external HDD capability, so you can turn your receiver in to a PVR! Just make sure to purchase from an authorized dealer so you DO NOT GET A CLONE or you will have problems! As of right now, there are no clones for the Linkbox 8000HD Local, so whoever you get it from, your safe, just make sure it comes with the LS500 module!!
This will only last until they Swap cards, and they are already talking about do so, and when that happens, the cards will no longer be able to card share as the Control words will no longer be there. Dish is doing a major Security update to prevent this from happening, Enjoy while it lasts.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

joejoe332006 wrote:This will only last until they Swap cards, and they are already talking about do so, and when that happens, the cards will no longer be able to card share as the Control words will no longer be there. Dish is doing a major Security update to prevent this from happening, Enjoy while it lasts.
People were saying the same exact thing when Nagra 2 switched to Nagra 3, but IKS still prevailed, and when the code words change so will the cards that are being used on the servers. You can forecast what may happen when they do the change but they have done these changes before and the end result is always the same. Within a day tv is back up and the dish engineers are at a loss for words.

History may repeat itself but in this case it does it in a manner that benefits IKS users. Nagravision 3 was a MAJOR security update and that was cracked in less than a month.

If we are going purely on track record dish has been hacked longer and more efficiently than any other provider to date, which is why if we were to bet at the horse tracks I'd go with this horse to win.

Of course I do understand where your concern comes from because in this type of line of things nothing is ever 100% guaranteed, but overall and according to multiple IKS and dish forums you will see more than plenty of people happy with what they have going and are very optimistic about the future of IKS. Dish when they talk about doing security upgrades they have been know to be full of shit, anyone here ever have the pleasure of watching their "piracy" channel? They tell people that are already getting all the channels that they will soon lose channels so they should subscribe to a dish package.... I mean if you don't see the desperation in that then idk what to say lol. Look up on youtube "dishnet piracy channel" if you wanna have a good laugh, it is an actual channel..

In the long run you will get your monies worth out of taking this route, IKS is not the newest concept to get dish... It use to be card loading during the directv days, then dish was the back able company, it was still card loading every year or so back in 2003, then as time went on they used Nagra 2 and we had to start using bin files via USB which was extremely easy, you load the file via USB and bam all the channels are back on, years later they switch to Nagra 3 in I wanna say 2012, and we get IKS dongles for existing receivers and bam, tv is back up AGAIN! Now the IKS is no longer free because the people hosting the card servers wanna get paid for their efforts so they call them P$ and you pay about $80/yearly for everything and it includes all the hd's and all the channels, so far there has been upgrades on the IKS side but so far in the last 3 years nothing from dish... I'd say that either they can't do anything to stop IKS or they are biting their time until the people running offshore servers just give up, which I don't see happening. The receivers sold for FTA are not really for true FTA if you look on forums that deal with them they talk more about the third party firmware to cover their asses. Dish started filing suits to try to stop IKS but that was a fail, look it all up it's public record :)
I JTAGGED your mom.

joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

MrRogers wrote:People were saying the same exact thing when Nagra 2 switched to Nagra 3, but IKS still prevailed, and when the code words change so will the cards that are being used on the servers. You can forecast what may happen when they do the change but they have done these changes before and the end result is always the same. Within a day tv is back up and the dish engineers are at a loss for words.

History may repeat itself but in this case it does it in a manner that benefits IKS users. Nagravision 3 was a MAJOR security update and that was cracked in less than a month.

If we are going purely on track record dish has been hacked longer and more efficiently than any other provider to date, which is why if we were to bet at the horse tracks I'd go with this horse to win.

Of course I do understand where your concern comes from because in this type of line of things nothing is ever 100% guaranteed, but overall and according to multiple IKS and dish forums you will see more than plenty of people happy with what they have going and are very optimistic about the future of IKS. Dish when they talk about doing security upgrades they have been know to be full of shit, anyone here ever have the pleasure of watching their "piracy" channel? They tell people that are already getting all the channels that they will soon lose channels so they should subscribe to a dish package.... I mean if you don't see the desperation in that then idk what to say lol. Look up on youtube "dishnet piracy channel" if you wanna have a good laugh, it is an actual channel..

In the long run you will get your monies worth out of taking this route, IKS is not the newest concept to get dish... It use to be card loading during the directv days, then dish was the back able company, it was still card loading every year or so back in 2003, then as time went on they used Nagra 2 and we had to start using bin files via USB which was extremely easy, you load the file via USB and bam all the channels are back on, years later they switch to Nagra 3 in I wanna say 2012, and we get IKS dongles for existing receivers and bam, tv is back up AGAIN! Now the IKS is no longer free because the people hosting the card servers wanna get paid for their efforts so they call them P$ and you pay about $80/yearly for everything and it includes all the hd's and all the channels, so far there has been upgrades on the IKS side but so far in the last 3 years nothing from dish... I'd say that either they can't do anything to stop IKS or they are biting their time until the people running offshore servers just give up, which I don't see happening. The receivers sold for FTA are not really for true FTA if you look on forums that deal with them they talk more about the third party firmware to cover their asses. Dish started filing suits to try to stop IKS but that was a fail, look it all up it's public record :)
Nice that you Recapped everything I already been there and done that. I use to run a IKS server until dish started to ECM the cards every thursday and even sometimes on the weekends. I have better solution to watch Paid tv that don't require Internet or Card sharing services.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

joejoe332006 wrote:Nice that you Recapped everything I already been there and done that. I use to run a IKS server until dish started to ECM the cards every thursday and even sometimes on the weekends. I have better solution to watch Paid tv that don't require Internet or Card sharing services.
I see what your saying joejoe, and I am not saying you are not at the top of your game on what your doing but there are still ways to keep a server going with minimal upkeep, of course the people that do it these days require payment because for one nobody is going to go through all that trouble of having to keep updating cards or putting together a firmware that automatically puts it on the server for IKS clients, I got your pm and I'm interested in hearing more about what your speaking of on that other provider :)

As far as IKS goes, my gf and the kiddos are happy with it so that keeps me happy ya know what I mean. P.s. How are the dump trades going? Still up and running in your neck of the woods hopefully? I remember we talked on the phone a few times joe :)
I JTAGGED your mom.

marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Hey Mrs rogers, you better delete your dumb posts about IKS.
Most fta sites dealing with IKS are heavily monitored by dish, and IP,s of clients logging to that sites are logged.
There is plenty of snitches and rats too, who would reported that site.
Your stupid posts about IKS on this forum might endager this site to be closed down.

And paying 80$ for access to IKS server is dumb too.
If u have some basic knowledge, you might get hundreds of loggins to IKS server for free.

Do not know what u r promoting ??? and why ????

And your posts about IKS are self incriminating. Unless you are rat and do not have to worry about getting your sorry az trapped in the crapper
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I am not condoning theft of service OF ANY KIND to be perfectly clear, just providing the information that is readily available on the internet that is scattered. I put it in a more concise manner so that people do not have to look all over the place for the same information. I am not and will not provide the actual bin files that need to be loaded to a receiver that would constitute breaking the law. I will leave that to people to use their imagination.
I JTAGGED your mom.

Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Damn, Dude - he called you Missus Rogers ! Phew - kinda surprised that he didn't recognize that extended Post was meant to be a Learning lesson rather than a hustle. No matter what Zone you're in, from Noob to Inner Circle, this
site is here for educational purposes and our Admin is wisdom personnified. If it were me that ran that extended sermon on the attributes of FTA, I would've punked him out by now. Just another ill wind blowing by, I guess. Have a goodday.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Oh, well, dumb master rat can not give up, heh.....
Why don't you finally show up your abmjr retarded face...---> retarded dumb red nose bozo.

Kill - switch ????? what are you trying to kill ????
Or what are you trying to switch, your overused rectum ????

Wonder, why some homos are so dumb.