Looking to buy a house, need opinions.

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate

Moderator: justsomeguy

MrRogers

Looking to buy a house, need opinions.

Post by MrRogers »

Hey guys, well my girlfriend and I have finally decided to buy a house but we are not sure of the best way to approach it. We want to get the lowest possible monthly payments, so obviously money down helps alot with that.

The house I am looking at is $129k (total).
I have approx $13,000 to put down.

What are my options as far as getting the lowest rates, I know there is FHA, USDA, MassHousing, etc. Anybody have any ideas as to how I should do this, or should I just go in to the bank and speak to a loan officer?

Thanks in advance guys.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

Always argue Points!
It's there favorite bargaining chip.

When you do they think you know something.
LIE ABOUT POINTS
Credit scores are not as important as before.

Loans were and still being faked.

"think out of the box"
Lie, get forged Doc - Bank Accounts - use government services.
It works

Stay away from lawyers.

Think like a newcomer to this country - Use the system
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Please elaborate?

I already spoke with a loan officer who ran both my girlfriends and my credit scores and she said combined we could qualify for $150k easy with our combined income (my social security counts as income btw). And mt gf makes $440/week before taxes.

So to play it safe we were honest to get what we could qualify for. And we did find a phenomenal home that has been modernized inside. If we are able to get approved which I am almost certain we will, I am going to finish the basement in to a full bar with a pool table etc.

The lady at the bank took the docs I sent in and did the pre approval she ran our credits and based on our income we could qualify for $150k combined. So we already are pretty sure we will get the loan, it is just a matter of going through all the hoops now.

My girls sisters bf forged his and hes doing good too, he did his to get a 3 family tenament and hes doing alrgiht, too bad for him though he purchased when the market was sky high, I am at least buying around near rock bottom.

I mean a loan for $129k between 2 ppl is nothing especially when we both have countable income and shes been working a full time job for her whole life, if that's not stability idk what is. One doc I may forge is one from my doc saying my disability is expected to get worse and continue for at least the course of my life. He has already said things along those lines basically but I can make it look better ;)

And I think I know exactly what your talking about as far as forgery, W-2, tax returns, pay stubs.... photoshop works wonders :) lol

But this time I did it legit just to see, and to be safe, you know.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

man i wish we could do stuff like that up here in canada..lol...but when your ready to build your bar let me know, i built a TOP NOTCH bad (i showed a couple pics of it when i built it here) but i'll send you some more in dept if you want...there are a few things i would have done differently and added... but all in all it turned out great!! we spend many many hours sitting at it with friends and family..the only problem is that we have to keep it fully stocked...lol
live your life like a beer commericial
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I hear you guy, I planned on making the entire basement in to a bar, not just a small one for a few people but like 10+, with pool table maybe even a jukebox and stripper pole. lol, my kids are gonna think I am a party animal when they grown up they will prolly take advantage of it too. Here are a few pics of it as it is now.

No shots of the basement yet but it is a full basement with enough headroom to make a ceiling maybe even add lighting, etc.
I JTAGGED your mom.

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

i miss seeing grass and sun :mad:
live your life like a beer commericial
coyote cojo

Post by coyote cojo »

nice . how much will be the mortgage including insurance and taxes?
anibal330

mortgage

Post by anibal330 »

MrRogers wrote:Hey guys, well my girlfriend and I have finally decided to buy a house but we are not sure of the best way to approach it. We want to get the lowest possible monthly payments, so obviously money down helps alot with that.

The house I am looking at is $129k (total).
I have approx $13,000 to put down.

What are my options as far as getting the lowest rates, I know there is FHA, USDA, MassHousing, etc. Anybody have any ideas as to how I should do this, or should I just go in to the bank and speak to a loan officer?

Thanks in advance guys.
Bring a Lawyer
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

justsomeguy wrote:man i wish we could do stuff like that up here in canada..lol...but when your ready to build your bar let me know, i built a TOP NOTCH bad (i showed a couple pics of it when i built it here) but i'll send you some more in dept if you want...there are a few things i would have done differently and added... but all in all it turned out great!! we spend many many hours sitting at it with friends and family..the only problem is that we have to keep it fully stocked...lol
Had a Eastern European working for me on a factory job one day.
He was illegal and told me he couldn't get away with working in Canada. Without proper papers he and all the South Americans working inside would be arrested.
That's why most illegals comes here.

Kinda hypocritical on my part, in that I have hired them on occasion.

Vaca Key, FL NWLON (MADIS)
Temperature:79 °FDew Point:- °FHumidity:-%Wind:ESE at 7mph
Had to rub that in I'm on vacation
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

anibal330 wrote:Bring a Lawyer
Yes sorry, stand corrected for closing.

At closing I have had one kid on the phone calling to get answers to basic questions.
My friend (full lawyer) later told me that he felt I could walk the boot through. Still charged full price. Thought it was funny

Simple closing but thing still can go wrong.
Title Co. - Mort Co. - Lawyers
Seen all there mistake and not held responsible.

Maybe i'm just cynical
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Why have a lawyer at closing?
I JTAGGED your mom.

macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

You should have a lawyer for anything serious and in writing.

Technically, at closing they can have a 12 page contract saying you pay them $150k, and they will sell you 1 (one) rubber chicken....but you didnt read the fine print and thought you were buying a house, so now u suck.

Dont get too excited, I'm not trying to ruin your dreams, but this is massachusetts #1, #2 recent mortgage crisis, #3 drained economy, banks are clamping up.

I alone make over $1000 AFTER taxes, with a decent amount in the bank, but because of a car I had 6 years ago that I no longer wanted and let it get repo'd, banks wont even give me the time of day. I've tried getting mortgages, always turned down because of the mistakes I've made years ago, and credit scores only in mid 600's, which 10 years ago was A-OK, now, its shit, you'd be lucky to get a decent car loan with shitty credit like that.

However, I've NEVER had a problem being 'PRE-APPROVED' for X amt of dollars for a mortgage, the problem is getting past pre-approval status.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

macgyver12 wrote:You should have a lawyer for anything serious and in writing.

Technically, at closing they can have a 12 page contract saying you pay them $150k, and they will sell you 1 (one) rubber chicken....but you didnt read the fine print and thought you were buying a house, so now u suck.

Dont get too excited, I'm not trying to ruin your dreams, but this is massachusetts #1, #2 recent mortgage crisis, #3 drained economy, banks are clamping up.

I alone make over $1000 AFTER taxes, with a decent amount in the bank, but because of a car I had 6 years ago that I no longer wanted and let it get repo'd, banks wont even give me the time of day. I've tried getting mortgages, always turned down because of the mistakes I've made years ago, and credit scores only in mid 600's, which 10 years ago was A-OK, now, its shit, you'd be lucky to get a decent car loan with shitty credit like that.

However, I've NEVER had a problem being 'PRE-APPROVED' for X amt of dollars for a mortgage, the problem is getting past pre-approval status.
AWW Stop
I'm in total agreement, but i'm too much of a softy to be as blunt.
Best of luck kids.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I know where you guys are coming from but I am doing this jointly with my gf who has always paid her bills, and has had a car loan and paid it off, both of us combined and with my guaranteed social security income and $13,000 down, they would be foolish to not lend to us on a $129,000 home loan.

my mid score is about 660, hers is about 670. Joint credit gets you alot further.

And realisticly, we can afford it (on paper) hands down. She was the bank mortgage officer and she ran both our credit scores and said there wasn't much debt on there and that would could qualify for $150k loan jointly based on the income we both make. My gf by herself qualifies for $70k.

She said ultimately it is up to the underwriting department though, she said to just get as much paperwork as you can stating my disability to work and what I get monthly for it.
I JTAGGED your mom.