Chip data sheet resources

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
Boxnut

Chip data sheet resources

Post by Boxnut »

Hi people, I could really use some help here. I am searching for resources to datasheets that seem unobtanium, just not in any search engine.
What I see, these chips and cpu's are still active for production. 3 sheets I am desperate for are Broadcom's BCM7435X8PK and the qamlink processor BCM33843MKF. Also the FL25GSA1F eeprom. This is for a work in progress, note this is the chipset for the Arris Xfinity AX013ANM cable DVR.
Others I would like are processors such used in the new OLED 4K TVs. Other than open source, these seem impossible to find.
Some sites that claim to have these are malware sites getting you to install plugins and such, then no data sheet to be had.
Now I have already wired the Xfinity box for JTAG and got response using a different device in the XMLs.
The JTAGNT plugs in fine, seems to be the much standard Motorola 14 pin tap. Perhaps I can add a new device to the list if only I had the needed datasheets. Then I can proceed with my communications project.
One note about JTAGNT software is I don't see any boundry scan for chained chips, that would make for a complete JTAG. A bug,omission, or am I missing something with that.
Any help here would be really hot, and a motto, what goes around,comes around.
Thanks in advance all.
Some of my information may be incorrect, incomplete,or just plain wrong. Seems I am human. :D
usbbdm

Re: Chip data sheet resources

Post by usbbdm »

I am thinking adding BSDL support. Not sure if this is of any use.
Boxnut

Post by Boxnut »

Yes indeed it would be. For serious JTAGers it would be asset.
A link to the library for you.
https://bsdl.info/
Some of my information may be incorrect, incomplete,or just plain wrong. Seems I am human. :D
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Which device I can start to play with? I have basic BSDL parser implemented and looking into a physical device to play with.
Boxnut

Post by Boxnut »

usbbdm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:42 pm Which device I can start to play with? I have basic BSDL parser implemented and looking into a physical device to play with.
For me, a good place would be Broadcom BCM7435 and as the datasheet would be needed, you could pass that along also.
The BCM33843 is linked with microwire down the chain.
I f you need the physical chip, it may be some time to acquire another and send you a chip. a BGA so have to get tat off the board.
Now my notion for you adding such flexibility and some tweaks for expansion, could broaden your market to the commercial manufacturing universe.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Do you have the BSDL file?
What is the microwire device it connected to?
Boxnut

Post by Boxnut »

It isn't in the library and from broadcom, one of those unobtanium files.
Now I have JTAGed this using a similar box XML and got into the tap, but what I extracted from memory is really vague.
The problem is not being able to manually select addresses and size. Same issue with boxes with STi5518.
I was thinking a pro version of the software that puts control in the users hands. Some ideas>>
Pull down to select JTAG family:
JTAG,,Microwire,,SPI,,etc
Memory block reads/writes to users access on given devices:
IE: on the STI5518 datasheet, outlined in chapter 6.
Seems the JTAGNT interface is capable, just some mods to software like a pro version.
JTAGing is not complicated but when software has most of the control, it is a liability.
Consider features like the BSDL, in circuit emulation and debugging.
This could range your sales market to include commercial and industrial applications.
Just a bone for you to chew on.