HELP! Scientific Atlanta & Cisco HD BOX!

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
NewIdea1219

HELP! Scientific Atlanta & Cisco HD BOX!

Post by NewIdea1219 »

Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
The only way to prevent a cable box from firmware/software, updates is to disable data downstream tuner(s) (DAVIC or ADSG or both). Unfortunately that will also prevent your channel map update including the TV Guide. I will provide some error codes for SA boxes soon.

Please help me out and guide me or private message me on how to disable the DAVIC or ADSG or both.

THIS IS FOR TESTING PURPOSE ONLY!!! WE Don't condone TOS!

Please help me cause i been trying for hrs hrs!!! Don't really want to screw
it up. Only have 1 of each. Please any direction or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Edit/Delete Message
yetycuba

Post by yetycuba »

Hello, you had a solution for cisco hd.
ricktendo

Post by ricktendo »

I have a full flash from my DTA 170HD I would like to make it work with DVB-C
merkin

Post by merkin »

powervu has been compromised..consider yourself lucky if you are on a cisco headend.
inkisidor2013

Post by inkisidor2013 »

ricktendo wrote:I have a full flash from my DTA 170HD I would like to make it work with DVB-C

helllo my friend how you take full flash about DTA 170 HD i try read but i can't dectecte tell me please how to read?
ricktendo

Post by ricktendo »

I managed to get a full flash using BlackcatUSB applying 3.3v to VCC pin, here is the full bin

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rxm9x ... 7FFFFF.bin
merkin

Post by merkin »

did you try writing to another device to clone?

@wolfgang can confirm but these devices do not have a return channel..its one way communication so clone may be possible.
jram

Post by jram »

Cloning is possible.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, the old book way. By transplanting that microprocessor and laying a track of that awful sticky stuff around its perimeter. Funny how that technique has lasted the test of time. Not an easy job. Meant for SuperMan.
yetycuba

Post by yetycuba »

you have something to cisco?
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

merkin wrote:... @wolfgang can confirm but these devices do not have a return channel..its one way communication so clone may be possible.
I don't remember saying this but if I did, it was wrong. Scientific Atlanta/Cisco boxes do have a return path as any Motorola/Arris boxes do. Two way communications are a must for any advanced STB. The only difference is that the Cisco boxes might be authorized Off-Line as Arris cannot. The later must be present online to get the hit from the DAC.
The true one way boxes are only the small DTA boxes (called Digital Transport Adapters) whose keys never change and don't loose channels when a key change happens (their channel lineup is a modest list of local channels and a few cable channels like TBS, Discovery and a few more).
As far as the cloning possibility, I have no clue if that is possible. Hacking the Power Vue encryption system was recently announced but what that means for the Cisco cable community is yet to be seen and most likely will not be published, LOL.
merkin

Post by merkin »

Wolfgang wrote:I don't remember saying this but if I did, it was wrong. Scientific Atlanta/Cisco boxes do have a return path as any Motorola/Arris boxes do. Two way communications are a must for any advanced STB. The only difference is that the Cisco boxes might be authorized Off-Line as Arris cannot. The later must be present online to get the hit from the DAC.
The true one way boxes are only the small DTA boxes (called Digital Transport Adapters) whose keys never change and don't loose channels when a key change happens (their channel lineup is a modest list of local channels and a few cable channels like TBS, Discovery and a few more).
As far as the cloning possibility, I have no clue if that is possible. Hacking the Power Vue encryption system was recently announced but what that means for the Cisco cable community is yet to be seen and most likely will not be published, LOL.
Hi, whats up?
i asked in another thread if anyone on a powervu headend would log some emms to see if the exploit exists, but nobody responds. if the exploit does not exist in the current emm stream, than there is no way to determine if it did exist prior to the exploit's publicity, unless of course someone has an old transport stream recording..you snooze you lose i guess.

i was referring only to DTA/uDTA's about cloning and lack of upstream channel.

thats interesting that cisco boxes can be offline when activation hit is sent. wonder how long the hit remains available in the stream?
Boxnut

Re: HELP! Scientific Atlanta & Cisco HD BOX!

Post by Boxnut »

The way Docsis works, you will get nothing disabling anything. the up and downstream data is mandatory for the box to work on a system.
The security hash encrytion alone is a 4 pass TLS handshake to get geys for the box and those are 3 layers deep in catalogs.
You won't brick your box,,it just won't work.
Some of my information may be incorrect, incomplete,or just plain wrong. Seems I am human. :D