Cable Box Anyone

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
stomperz

Cable Box Anyone

Post by stomperz »

My Nostradamus Predication
This hobby will go the way of the modem if this keeps up.

Go to Craigslist to view the sellers
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:
My Nostradamus Predication
This hobby will go the way of the modem if this keeps up.
YEP Those are the IDIOTS that ruin it for everyone...................
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Tropical

Post by Tropical »

who the fuck cares, this hobby is half dead anyways, now it's mainly idiots asking "i bought a modem/cable box 3 years ago and now it stopped working, what do i do". again my predication this hobby will die by 2015. us the people that know how to "test" don't release all the info we know to keep the hobby alive.
stomperz

New Hobby

Post by stomperz »

Tropical wrote:who the fuck cares, this hobby is half dead anyways, now it's mainly idiots asking "i bought a modem/cable box 3 years ago and now it stopped working, what do i do". again my predication this hobby will die by 2015. us the people that know how to "test" don't release all the info we know to keep the hobby alive.
Most of the posts on this form pertain to STB's.
True, but there need to be a balance of interest so USBDM will still be motivated to go forward with this product.

You say "this hobby will die by 2015" which I believe might come true if selling is not curbed. I do not think selling will slow.

It seems selling to be located in particular demographic areas by certain people.
You might be right, fuck this hobby. With my Glaucoma I might just move to Calif and start growing. Start a new hobby that pays!

I must admit I am guilty of giving away box's to family members and a few friends thus proliferating the spread. Got to brag to someone.
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Most of the posts on this form pertain to STB's.
True, but there need to be a balance of interest so USBDM will still be motivated to go forward with this product.

You say "this hobby will die by 2015" which I believe might come true if selling is not curbed. I do not think selling will slow.

It seems selling to be located in particular demographic areas by certain people.You might be right, fuck this hobby. With my Glaucoma I might just move to Calif and start growing. Start a new hobby that pays!

I must admit I am guilty of giving away box's to family members and a few friends thus proliferating the spread. Got to brag to someone.
YES, CHICAGO and FLORIDA seam to be flooded with these IDIOTS........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Tropical

Post by Tropical »

I'll Admit Too. Everyone Of My Family Members Are "Testing" And I Made A Good Amount Of Cash In The PAST. Buying Modems For $15-$20 Selling Them On Craigslist For $300 And Cable Boxs For $500.
snakeoil

Post by snakeoil »

Tropical wrote:I'll Admit Too. Everyone Of My Family Members Are "Testing" And I Made A Good Amount Of Cash In The PAST. Buying Modems For $15-$20 Selling Them On Craigslist For $300 And Cable Boxs For $500.

And there I was testing my azz off :cry:. When I could buy one and just plug it in :mad:. But that's not me, I like to explore New Frontiers. Discovery is man's best friend :oop: :shock:.
Prophecy is the most gratuitous form of error. Great ideas are the fuel of progress.
Tropical

Post by Tropical »

you don't understand we only say we "TEST"............
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

i have NEVER made a single dollar from testing! any box that i have running out there has always been done for no cost...well sometimes i tell a guy to bring me a case of beer and make him sit and drink it with me...i am one of those true believers in TESTING!! even back in the satellite days , never made a penny for my time or troubles keeping friends and family hooked up !!

i can't even think about how much i've spent over the years on different testing tools and such...but it's not to make any kind of profit..it's to learn..and if you can hook a friend up at the same time why not..the way i see it is that those who have helped me over the years have never asked me for a single penny ~and what goes around comes around~
live your life like a beer commericial
Tropical

Post by Tropical »

well i hooked up family for free, friends don't care. so i was selling on craigslist for a while in the past. made a good amount of $$$ bought me a brand new queen size bed and a tv just off just selling "TESTING" modems and cable boxes.
snakeoil

Post by snakeoil »

Tropical wrote:well i hooked up family for free, friends don't care. so i was selling on craigslist for a while in the past. made a good amount of $$$ bought me a brand new queen size bed and a tv just off just selling "TESTING" modems and cable boxes.

Hope the bed has mileage on it? or that will be a shame. lmfao!!!!!!
Prophecy is the most gratuitous form of error. Great ideas are the fuel of progress.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Tropical wrote:well i hooked up family for free, friends don't care. so i was selling on craigslist for a while in the past. made a good amount of $$$ bought me a brand new queen size bed and a tv just off just selling "TESTING" modems and cable boxes.
Mister, you are dreamer, it is most delicate description I can say about you.
I never sell anything to anybody, cost me fortune to help others, of course, they dine me, wine me and all of them want to become my friends, I just give away my time and knowledge, but most important I do have no obligations to anybody, I do not promise anything, and most time, those peps didn't bother to give me the gas money to get to them.

But your clients, who you charged that much, are gonna call you day and night with complains, they spent lot of money and now is not working.

I have very sad news for you, your bins do not work in all areas, and very soon are gonna stop to work in all most populated areas completely.

And all those peoples gonna be on your tail.

You better off to sell this bed and sofas nad give them money back.

I knew a few guys, who in the past did exactly what u did.
They had to leave country in a hurry.

Of course, knowledge is nothing if u can not share among friends, teach them, they teach you, and so on, but as soon as u charge pessos for your skills and knowledge, you are not hacker any more,.... you are ....... ah say it what u want
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

justsomeguy wrote:i have NEVER made a single dollar from testing! any box that i have running out there has always been done for no cost...well sometimes i tell a guy to bring me a case of beer and make him sit and drink it with me...i am one of those true believers in TESTING!! even back in the satellite days , never made a penny for my time or troubles keeping friends and family hooked up !!

i can't even think about how much i've spent over the years on different testing tools and such...but it's not to make any kind of profit..it's to learn..and if you can hook a friend up at the same time why not..the way i see it is that those who have helped me over the years have never asked me for a single penny ~and what goes around comes around~
he he heh.
that sat thingy is not dead yet, as most peps proclaim now.
There is a way, .... , regret, that it is not right forum for discussion on this subject.
Hmmm, u might even use usbNT for a glitcher, with some mods....

Anyway, I love your attitude, and there still some peps, who act like you in this highly commercialized world, where All Mighty Dollar is a god.

But they share, knowledge without sharring it is totally useless
Tropical

Post by Tropical »

marthypaul wrote:Mister, you are dreamer, it is most delicate description I can say about you.
I never sell anything to anybody, cost me fortune to help others, of course, they dine me, wine me and all of them want to become my friends, I just give away my time and knowledge, but most important I do have no obligations to anybody, I do not promise anything, and most time, those peps didn't bother to give me the gas money to get to them.

But your clients, who you charged that much, are gonna call you day and night with complains, they spent lot of money and now is not working.

I have very sad news for you, your bins do not work in all areas, and very soon are gonna stop to work in all most populated areas completely.

And all those peoples gonna be on your tail.

You better off to sell this bed and sofas nad give them money back.

I knew a few guys, who in the past did exactly what u did.
They had to leave country in a hurry.

Of course, knowledge is nothing if u can not share among friends, teach them, they teach you, and so on, but as soon as u charge pessos for your skills and knowledge, you are not hacker any more,.... you are ....... ah say it what u want
again this was in the past about 2 years ago, and man o man did i get phone calls and text messages. probably every 5 mins my phone was ringing. i had my fun not just "testing" but with all tech. I used to have dual monitors (24 inch) gaming pc a whole collection of modems and cable boxes, a couple of phones, few hard drive, xbox, playstation, wii. had so much crap and now im just not into in anymore so i sold everything. literally the on tech i have now (in room) tv, cable box, modem, wireless router, macbook pro, iPhone.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

Well, do not feel bad, others contibuted on much bigger scale to demise of that hobby.