dch70 hardmod but still getting guide :0

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
Newb

dch70 hardmod but still getting guide :0

Post by Newb »

my buddy has dch70 hardmodded
this week he noticed some channels are now getting the guide
mose say the channel names and numbers and correct time:shock:
seams like they are changing stuff, should he expect his box to be disconnected soon?
Everything I say is hy·po·thet·i·cal!
Everything I say I do Is hy·po·thet·i·cal!
I do this to exercise my deficient brain:cool:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

He will Find out Soon Enough. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Newb

Post by Newb »

TUNDRA wrote:He will Find out Soon Enough. :D
is there anything that can be done to stop from being deactivated?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Newb wrote:is there anything that can be done to stop from being deactivated?
Properly Doing the HW MOD.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Or your "friend" can actually pay for service, that is the best way to not get deactivated. Just saying.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

crazymenike wrote:lmao.

What's the OOB status?
READ Here

viewtopic.php?t=6599
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

TUNDRA wrote:READ Here

viewtopic.php?t=6599
I think mike was asking NEWB what is the status of his OOB Frequencies to see if the data stream is invalid and there is a connection being made that is rendered unwanted (by some people).
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MassModz wrote:I think mike was asking NEWB what is the status of his OOB Frequencies to see if the data stream is invalid and there is a connection being made that is rendered unwanted (by some people).
LOL. Well Clearly Not 0%........
Newb

Post by Newb »

the box is hardmoded
it was blocking the guide and channel name etc b4
now its gets the right time, channel names and etc.
not all info shows up
its something new i guess. unless he dropped the box or somthing and fd the hardmod solder. il ask him about tthe oob status

MassModz Or your "friend" can actually pay for service, that is the best way to not get deactivated. Just saying.

or you could pay for service and wouldnt have to post asking when cc shuts unauth. boxes. lool can u say double standards?

07-18-2011, 02:42 PM
MassModz

What time (if any) does Comcast shut off STB's
So this may seem like an odd question but I am just wondering for general reference. What time does Comcast shut down a non-authorized set-top-box?
I am thinking it is overnight while they do updates and it is at least peak time
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Hey I was wondering just to learn, has nothing to do with getting services for free. What part about asking when they shut down unauthorized boxes is out of the ordinary, that is like asking how does a cable network operate at the administrative level.... Didn't know this was top secret stuff I was asking. Geesh
I JTAGGED your mom.

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

closing this thread down as this relates to HW mod and most answers have only been "smart ass" remarks...lol...should NOT be discussed on open forums anyways:cool:
live your life like a beer commericial