ulink nand backfeeding

Misc forums. Device donation, device swap. Off the topic etc.
newtman

ulink nand backfeeding

Post by newtman »

Hello, I am interested in the ulink nand but I would like to know if it prevents backfeeding in order to have a proper dump and avoid short-circuits when using the clip.

Thanks
usbbdm

Re: ulink nand backfeeding

Post by usbbdm »

There are two ways to apply power to the flash.
One is using 3.3v from the u-Link NAND. The other is to use the 3.3v from target board.
If you configured the power from 3.3v on target it will not back feeding to the u-Link NAND.
So far it is still new and I am working with people to get more experience.
As long as you DO NOT try to make contact (clip) while either side has power it is quite safe. However if you find connection is not stable and try to "fix" it while the power is on, the risk is very high. This applies to SPI flash as well.
newtman

Post by newtman »

Ok, how about using it on MR33? Will it install openwrt? How would be the process?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I will get MR33 soon and will make a video.
Sure it can do openwrt but I will see if I need some dump file from someone or I can make it myself.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I can confirm programming MR33 is very easy with u-Link NAND. It only draws 90ma for 3.3v to operate. It makes the connection very easy. Simply use the 3.3v from the u-Link NAND.
phantomstranger

Post by phantomstranger »

I'm in the US and have a few MR33s with uboot 2017 and would like to see if I could send them to you to flash for me. I would have pm you but I don't have access to do that yet. I can't find a NAND flasher for a good price to justify it at this time. If you could post a link to a 360 clip and programmer I could use that would be appreciated.