Error=Hardware not exist

NT software on Linux testing.
thaclient

Error=Hardware not exist

Post by thaclient »

I have tried 2 different NT's and 3 different linux disto's, on 3 different PC's. I keep getting a "Error=Hardware not exist" error when trying to activate. It reads the NT's fine, the hardware ID is there, but no luck with activation...

Tried:
To enter the email and hit online activation, but I get "Error=Hardware not exist"...
So, I entered in the activation code manually and hit okay, it looks good, the activation window closes, but the software still says not activated and it won't detect anything.

The NT's in question work fine on windows PC's, just not on linux. F.T.R; I have the dep's installed.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

thaclient wrote:I have tried 2 different NT's and 3 different linux disto's, on 3 different PC's. I keep getting a "Error=Hardware not exist" error when trying to activate. It reads the NT's fine, the hardware ID is there, but no luck with activation...

Tried:
To enter the email and hit online activation, but I get "Error=Hardware not exist"...
So, I entered in the activation code manually and hit okay, it looks good, the activation window closes, but the software still says not activated and it won't detect anything.

The NT's in question work fine on windows PC's, just not on linux. F.T.R; I have the dep's installed.
You have not purchased the linux code.
thaclient

Post by thaclient »

That's ridiculous. Capitalism, gotta love it.
DvDRUS

strange

Post by DvDRUS »

I have purchased over 6 cables I have never once been asked if I would like to windows or Linux license. I never tried on my nix boxes only because most of my tools are on windblows but If I would of known this before hand I would of choose atleast one Linux license. I think its unfair that your not given this chose and then asked to pair for one.
thaclient

Post by thaclient »

I totally understand, offering a license for one OS only. But I was never given the chance to choose, mainly because I purchased my cables years ago, when there was no linux support. People in this situation, should be given the chance to choose, now. Also, I shouldn't have to make threads and dig through old ones to figure out this stuff. It should be displayed in the store AND in the downloads section, when downloading the soft. ...

This is petty, dishonest and ridiculous. I wouldn't support this project any further anyways. I am now forced to go with a better solution such as the blaster/taio/FCUSB.. At the same cost (maybe a few bucks more) as linux support, and a speed reduction, which I never took advantage of anyways.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

To be clear you get ONE OS free, Windows or Linux or Mac.

DvDRUS please contact me to give you the free linux code.

When you start your application and email the hardware ID, there is difference in the hardware ID. If you have email the proper hardware ID, the proper code will be given.

If you are not giving the hardware ID in software and you did not indicate which OS to use, then default Windows will be given. More than 95% users are using Windows.

Please take a look of the history and how Linux and Mac OS was added to the support.

Those who did support the project (in any way) mostly get free activation code for other platforms.