working fine 042 but cant work when upgraded 051

NT software on Linux testing.
Post Reply
j0naS
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

working fine 042 but cant work when upgraded 051

Post by j0naS »

hi, my program dont works anymore, i was used version 042 for many months but today i decided to upgrade to 051 and now i cant use it because when i try to activate the jtagnt the program tell me nothing if i click ok after to put my email and activation code (received past 2008) if i push online activation appears Error=Hardware not exist in field for code.

in the bottom right area appears usb connected and i dont know if im doing something bad

please help meee!
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

j0naS wrote:hi, my program dont works anymore, i was used version 042 for many months but today i decided to upgrade to 051 and now i cant use it because when i try to activate the jtagnt the program tell me nothing if i click ok after to put my email and activation code (received past 2008) if i push online activation appears Error=Hardware not exist in field for code.

in the bottom right area appears usb connected and i dont know if im doing something bad

please help meee!
Writeing Wrong E-Mail Addy Will Give this Error. Make sure you Write the E-Mail addy that was Used to Buy The TOOL then Click Activate On Line TAB.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
j0naS
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

Post by j0naS »

TUNDRA wrote:Writeing Wrong E-Mail Addy Will Give this Error. Make sure you Write the E-Mail addy that was Used to Buy The TOOL then Click Activate On Line TAB.
i will try again but i´m very sure the email was ok when i tried to activate.

more suggestions?
thx
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8719
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

j0naS wrote:hi, my program dont works anymore, i was used version 042 for many months but today i decided to upgrade to 051 and now i cant use it because when i try to activate the jtagnt the program tell me nothing if i click ok after to put my email and activation code (received past 2008) if i push online activation appears Error=Hardware not exist in field for code.

in the bottom right area appears usb connected and i dont know if im doing something bad

please help meee!
I think you get from dealer or the code should be online. When you have the code, CLICK OK not online activation.
j0naS
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

Post by j0naS »

usbbdm wrote:I think you get from dealer or the code should be online. When you have the code, CLICK OK not online activation.
i asked to [email protected]
for why reason happened it and answer was:


Linux code not for free. You should pay $10

i don´t know if i can update everytime my win version but when i have to update my linux version i have to pay 10usd more

could you answer me??
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8719
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

http://www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.ph ... ucts_id=16
Upgrade from Windows version will NOT need to have additional code.
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

If you still have 0.42 you can go to activation adn copy and Save the E-mail and Activation Code from there. I run the Software from different Drive SO I save all the Older Versions and All work.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
j0naS
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

Post by j0naS »

usbbdm wrote:http://www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.ph ... ucts_id=16
Upgrade from Windows version will NOT need to have additional code.
But why my win code works fine with 042 version but not with 051 version?

i have mac, ubuntu and seven, i don´t want to use windows but i will not pay for new code for my last decade´s usbjtag, i will boot form linux to seven all time i will need to use usbjtag soft.

i bought you first my usbjtag then my usbjtagNT only reason to get updated everytime with the soft and now if you tell me i have to pay for another hard to get updated i will, but to pay for a linux code, i will not. i can use wine and my win code will work or i can use seven with dual boot and my code will work.

i think if linux soft need a new code you have to send it free of charge for already users, if you don´t do this many users will let to use your hard me included.

if you ask for 10usd for a new code when you get 0xx or 1.xx version probably you will get 0usd from many users.

bye
justsomeguy
Junior Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by justsomeguy »

j0naS wrote:But why my win code works fine with 042 version but not with 051 version?

i have mac, ubuntu and seven, i don´t want to use windows but i will not pay for new code for my last decade´s usbjtag, i will boot form linux to seven all time i will need to use usbjtag soft.

i bought you first my usbjtag then my usbjtagNT only reason to get updated everytime with the soft and now if you tell me i have to pay for another hard to get updated i will, but to pay for a linux code, i will not. i can use wine and my win code will work or i can use seven with dual boot and my code will work.

i think if linux soft need a new code you have to send it free of charge for already users, if you don´t do this many users will let to use your hard me included.

if you ask for 10usd for a new code when you get 0xx or 1.xx version probably you will get 0usd from many users.

bye
developing new software takes TIME and MONEY ! if people feel like you do where they do not want to support this then use the other one like you said!! a whole 10 bucks is NOTHING !!! so if you want to use the version so bad then pay the couple bucks and stop the bitching! like you said you have used this tool for the last DECADE !!!! so if you think paying 10 bucks for a decade's worth or software is to much then boy o boy you one greedy S.O.B ! :(

at least USBBDM was kind enough to develop the software that people have asked him to do. the LEAST you can do is HELP SUPPORT IT !!!
live your life like a beer commericial
j0naS
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

Post by j0naS »

justsomeguy wrote:developing new software takes TIME and MONEY ! if people feel like you do where they do not want to support this then use the other one like you said!! a whole 10 bucks is NOTHING !!! so if you want to use the version so bad then pay the couple bucks and stop the bitching! like you said you have used this tool for the last DECADE !!!! so if you think paying 10 bucks for a decade's worth or software is to much then boy o boy you one greedy S.O.B ! :(

at least USBBDM was kind enough to develop the software that people have asked him to do. the LEAST you can do is HELP SUPPORT IT !!!
hey man i didn´t use bad words and never LAUGHED so please take it easy.

i told i could pay for 10usd or 70usd for a new hard. when developer asked us for new hard when decided old usbjtag was hacked we paid, and if make soft is hard and take money why win version is free, i only say that.

linux and mac users (i think) we have same rights about using soft in our plattforms, i will pay for new soft when both win, mac and linux users have to pay for. not before

now i´m using 047 linux with old act code and new xml in my config directory...

all this said WITHOUT LAUGH
CAPONE
Junior Member
Posts: 5011
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by CAPONE »

j0naS wrote:But why my win code works fine with 042 version but not with 051 version?
If your Windows Code works for Software 0.42 It will Also Work For Soft 0.51 and Now 0.52/ No Need for New Code. Copy and Save the Activation Info in the Activation Page of Soft 42 then Paste that same E-Mail Addy and Code into Soft 51 Or Soft 52 Which is what you should Upgrade to.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8719
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

Windows is not free. The hardware does not cost much. It is the software that make the product. You can choose to buy one USB JTAG NT with Linux code without extra charge. If you do not specify the OS, the default Windows code will be sent. If you only request Linux code for your initial order then Windows version will be $10.

I hope this make things clear. There is a lot of effort to put in that allow this product runs on different OS. Do you see any such kind of device (programmer, JTAG, etc) that declare support multiple OS?
j0naS
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

Post by j0naS »

usbbdm wrote:Windows is not free. The hardware does not cost much. It is the software that make the product. You can choose to buy one USB JTAG NT with Linux code without extra charge. If you do not specify the OS, the default Windows code will be sent. If you only request Linux code for your initial order then Windows version will be $10.

I hope this make things clear. There is a lot of effort to put in that allow this product runs on different OS. Do you see any such kind of device (programmer, JTAG, etc) that declare support multiple OS?
ok dont worry, my only thought was why valid code for 047 linux is not valid for 051 linux, but 047 win code is valid for 052 win version; is not reasonable.

if when i tried to install jtagnt soft on my ubuntu you should told me i have to pay for linux code probably i should pay becasue i appreciate you job and like you do something for me (your soft) i could do something for you (donate 10 or more usd).

but my win code worked fine for 047 linux version so i think i was a mistake from me to do not work in 051 linux, and when i recieved email asking me for 10usd i was ungry about that, but ok you have the way. i will use 047 in linux and if i need more features i will use 052 or higher in windows or wine. but you have to think that almost all ubuntu users we have already windows installed in our machines, so...
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8719
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

j0naS wrote:ok dont worry, my only thought was why valid code for 047 linux is not valid for 051 linux, but 047 win code is valid for 052 win version; is not reasonable.

if when i tried to install jtagnt soft on my ubuntu you should told me i have to pay for linux code probably i should pay becasue i appreciate you job and like you do something for me (your soft) i could do something for you (donate 10 or more usd).

but my win code worked fine for 047 linux version so i think i was a mistake from me to do not work in 051 linux, and when i recieved email asking me for 10usd i was ungry about that, but ok you have the way. i will use 047 in linux and if i need more features i will use 052 or higher in windows or wine. but you have to think that almost all ubuntu users we have already windows installed in our machines, so...
To tell you the truth, it was a bug in the early Linux build that accept the Windows activation code. Does that make sense now?
j0naS
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 am

Post by j0naS »

usbbdm wrote:To tell you the truth, it was a bug in the early Linux build that accept the Windows activation code. Does that make sense now?
yes, now all clear, thx
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest