Help in ubuntu linux.

NT software on Linux testing.
dellanave

Help in ubuntu linux.

Post by dellanave »

I have install and activate the software in windows seven without problem.
When I try install software in ubuntu linux, in first time the interface connect and disconnect all the time.
I follow the instructions in forum... I have modified the file "50-udev-default.rules" and execute the command "modprobe -r usbtest".
Now, the interface stay connected... but are not activated... When i want activate, the serial number of it are incorrect, appears 3 numbers aditionals for example:
If the serial is: 00001234 when i try to activate seem: 01234XXX and dont let me activate.
How I can fix this problem??
Thanks in advance...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dellanave wrote:I have install and activate the software in windows seven without problem.
When I try install software in ubuntu linux, in first time the interface connect and disconnect all the time.
I follow the instructions in forum... I have modified the file "50-udev-default.rules" and execute the command "modprobe -r usbtest".
Now, the interface stay connected... but are not activated... When i want activate, the serial number of it are incorrect, appears 3 numbers aditionals for example:
If the serial is: 00001234 when i try to activate seem: 01234XXX and dont let me activate.
How I can fix this problem??
Thanks in advance...
The last three Numbers Are Normal. Take a close look on the windows 7.

I belive you need a new Unlock Code for Linux Just like with MAC.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Last three digits are checksums. Just click the email activation or send email to request the code.
dellanave

Post by dellanave »

usbbdm wrote:Last three digits are checksums. Just click the email activation or send email to request the code.
Thanks, few hours ago I try to register via online and now give finally the activation... sure USBBDM fix anything... Thanks again!!!
shrooms

Post by shrooms »

usbbdm wrote:Last three digits are checksums. Just click the email activation or send email to request the code.
I would add that I sent another email to [email protected] regarding this same issue and got a reply stating that the activation code I got initially was only for windows instead of sending me the new code for linux.
I think it would be fair if when someone requests an activation code, all three be generated (Win, Linux, OSX) and sent. I mean if anyone is using the usbjtag, there is a good chance they are someone who uses different OS platforms.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

shrooms wrote:I would add that I sent another email to [email protected] regarding this same issue and got a reply stating that the activation code I got initially was only for windows instead of sending me the new code for linux.
I think it would be fair if when someone requests an activation code, all three be generated (Win, Linux, OSX) and sent. I mean if anyone is using the usbjtag, there is a good chance they are someone who uses different OS platforms.
ALOT of time, effort and work went into creating the software for each OS. you should request which OS you would like. 99% of people only need one OS compatibility not all 3!! the cost is VERY low to get the additional OS software~ this tool is already priced at it's absolute lowest possible price for people as well as the additional codes for it.....i'm sure if you were willing to pay 100$ for it usbbdm would throw in the codes....but he don't believe in selling it for that much so he does each OS seperate for the people to save them some $...(think about the amount of shrooms you can buy with those savings!)
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

shrooms wrote:I would add that I sent another email to [email protected] regarding this same issue and got a reply stating that the activation code I got initially was only for windows instead of sending me the new code for linux.
The END User Needs to let them Know What OS System there going to use tool for when they request the Activation Code. And Only One is given. If you got it for Windows and Now want for Linux then a fee apllies.
Most people use windows. But USBBDM If People are going to Cry about this issuse ( IDI(())S ) Then I Suggest you raise the Price of the USBTAG NT By $20 and then Issuse the End User 3 Activation Codes. Lets See How the Cry Babies Like that Suggestion.............. And even @ $20 More This Tool is WELL FRICKING WORTH EVERY PENNY OF IT.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:The END User Needs to let them Know What OS System there going to use tool for when they request the Activation Code. And Only One is given. If you got it for Windows and Now want for Linux then a fee apllies.
Most people use windows. But USBBDM If People are going to Cry about this issuse ( IDI(())S ) Then I Suggest you raise the Price of the USBTAG NT By $20 and then Issuse the End User 3 Activation Codes. Lets See How the Cry Babies Like that Suggestion.............. And even @ $20 More This Tool is WELL FRICKING WORTH EVERY PENNY OF IT.
lol i said 30 bucks increase...lol....yup peolpe will just bitch that they don't need all the codes so they should pay less...no matter which way people are NEVER happy and ALWAYS wanting to bitch about something....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I think he did not realize that there it is available for purchase. When NT did not support Linux and Mac, there are peoples asking (Not a lot). I spent a lot of effort make this fo three platforms. This guy did not know the history I think. His hardware was quite old as well. At that time there was no Linux available for him to purchase.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:lol i said 30 bucks increase...lol....yup peolpe will just bitch that they don't need all the codes so they should pay less...no matter which way people are NEVER happy and ALWAYS wanting to bitch about something....
Like I saidEven @ $20 or $30 More to get toll with the 3 Activation Codes, ITS WELL WORTH THE $$$$$$$. But You are correct People will allways find a Reason to BITCH & CRY.... LMFAO
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:I think he did not realize that there it is available for purchase. When NT did not support Linux and Mac, there are peoples asking (Not a lot). I spent a lot of effort make this fo three platforms. This guy did not know the history I think. His hardware was quite old as well. At that time there was no Linux available for him to purchase.
maybe you can put some kind of check box when they order the product, or send in for the activation which OS they would like support for..then people can decide right from the start which one to choose and cannot come back later and say they didn't know or something like that...might help solve some problems..
shrooms

Unaware

Post by shrooms »

usbbdm wrote:I think he did not realize that there it is available for purchase. When NT did not support Linux and Mac, there are peoples asking (Not a lot). I spent a lot of effort make this fo three platforms. This guy did not know the history I think. His hardware was quite old as well. At that time there was no Linux available for him to purchase.
Completely unaware that the support for Linux and Mac came after the usbjtagNT launch. Initially, I was a bit offended when I checked my mail this morning to find activation replied with the link to the store but thinking through learning that the Linux and Mac ports were developed later, I can see how one would want to capitalize. I can just use windows whenever, no problem but I do use Linux, and if i wanted to use usbjtag nt, I have to fiddle with libusb to get it to work but then when altering things, my Canon DSLR won't mount anymore so the way I see it, it's more of a hassle than convenient in my case.
To be honest, I would settle for a free trial period for legacy usbjtag owners, it's only fair to treat old customers with some rewards, just the way I envision a rewarding business model. I don't see myself buying the extra support as it's not more convenient in my case but I can't oppose a developer asking for compensation in return for their efforts.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

shrooms wrote:Completely unaware that the support for Linux and Mac came after the usbjtagNT launch. Initially, I was a bit offended when I checked my mail this morning to find activation replied with the link to the store but thinking through learning that the Linux and Mac ports were developed later, I can see how one would want to capitalize. I can just use windows whenever, no problem but I do use Linux, and if i wanted to use usbjtag nt, I have to fiddle with libusb to get it to work but then when altering things, my Canon DSLR won't mount anymore so the way I see it, it's more of a hassle than convenient in my case.
To be honest, I would settle for a free trial period for legacy usbjtag owners, it's only fair to treat old customers with some rewards, just the way I envision a rewarding business model. I don't see myself buying the extra support as it's not more convenient in my case but I can't oppose a developer asking for compensation in return for their efforts.
If Only All other People could see it that way... As for the Old USBJTAG Support, USBBDM Can't be Blamed for stoping support Since it was Cloned. So If anyone has an Issuse with that, they should take it up with the A Holes that cloned it and Not with USBBDM. Not to Mention that by Now they got there moneys Worth As they surely didn't but it to mount it up on a WALL. LMAO.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

shrooms wrote:Completely unaware that the support for Linux and Mac came after the usbjtagNT launch. Initially, I was a bit offended when I checked my mail this morning to find activation replied with the link to the store but thinking through learning that the Linux and Mac ports were developed later, I can see how one would want to capitalize. I can just use windows whenever, no problem but I do use Linux, and if i wanted to use usbjtag nt, I have to fiddle with libusb to get it to work but then when altering things, my Canon DSLR won't mount anymore so the way I see it, it's more of a hassle than convenient in my case.
The development of NT software had never been stopped. All new features are added. It took a lot of effort to add Linux and Mac. It was almost a completely re-design the software. How many JTAG software out there support three OSs?
If I did not implement Linux I will have several hardcore user keep on asking that. I did added those OS support but very few of them actually come and ask for the code.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

lol....now that is funny...why would you need a free trial? just so you can confirm the great new developments you get with the tool?? or just so you can use it for the 10 mins you need it for then dissapear for a year..lol..not necessarly saying that's what you will do...but i guarantee you that's what alot of others would do!! that's like saying to turbo tax-hey you upgraded your tax software this year i should get a free trial....lol...what ya think they would say to ya??