Two Arris TM802G received today.

This is to recognize people who had donate their device for testing.
usbbdm

Two Arris TM802G received today.

Post by usbbdm »

Hope I can do something with it.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

After two nights work I was able to detect the flash. However the read data was empty. I will study the datasheet of the chip and see if development is needed for this flash.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:After two nights work I was able to detect the flash. However the read data was empty. I will study the datasheet of the chip and see if development is needed for this flash.
WOW It took me less than 30 Min. And I have NO Clue what I was Doing.
I played with XML and got it to Work when you was on Vacation. I sent you a PM about it in case you wanted to check the XML and Flash XML MOD. You Never answered. Layout of Flash is Almost exactly as an DCP3000.
U-Boot,ENV1,ENV2,UBFI1 and UBFI2 Are in the Same location. The LOG CFG and Blank Is where i See the Difference. But XML does work for Making Full Backup and Changing Firmware.

Heres what i did MODDED Flash XML to add Flash Info and Used Same DPC3000 XML Only I changed the ID to TM802G. Worked First Try.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Here you Go. If you want to try it Out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:WOW It took me less than 30 Min. And I have NO Clue what I was Doing.
I played with XML and got it to Work when you was on Vacation. I sent you a PM about it in case you wanted to check the XML and Flash XML MOD. You Never answered. Layout of Flash is Almost exactly as an DCP3000.
U-Boot,ENV1,ENV2,UBFI1 and UBFI2 Are in the Same location. The LOG CFG and Blank Is where i See the Difference. But XML does work for Making Full Backup and Changing Firmware.

Heres what i did MODDED Flash XML to add Flash Info and Used Same DPC3000 XML Only I changed the ID to TM802G. Worked First Try.
What is your ISP pin? Mine was on U401 but can only detect the flash. Maybe I should try the other modem.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:Here you Go. If you want to try it Out.
Why you need new flash.xml? The existing flash.xml works fine for me.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Why you need new flash.xml? The existing flash.xml works fine for me.
I did not say I need XML. I Modded DPC3000 XML and Added Flash info into Flash XML to make it Work. I Just Uploaded so you can try it and make Changes if Needed Since you Said your Read contained No INFO.

Also I did Not Use ISP, External Power to Pin 2 of Flash was Used. All I ddi was MOD to XMLs. I did not have a TM802G At the Time to Look for ISP. Now I do have one that I have not had time to Play With.

So these XMLs wit ISP U401 Worked for you?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:I did not say I need XML. I Modded DPC3000 XML and Added Flash info into Flash XML to make it Work. I Just Uploaded so you can try it and make Changes if Needed Since you Said your Read contained No INFO.

Also I did Not Use ISP, External Power to Pin 2 of Flash was Used. All I ddi was MOD to XMLs. I did not have a TM802G At the Time to Look for ISP. Now I do have one that I have not had time to Play With.
Oh, that is different. That is why it takes you 30min. The ISP is the one I work on.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Oh, that is different. That is why it takes you 30min. The ISP is the one I work on.
COOL SO You Found ISP. Did the XMLs Work for you? Why If you Find ISP was you Not able to get good read Of Flash?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I agree with you now. Apply 3.3v on pin2 is the easiest way. I never dare to use 3.3v on pin 2 but when I try it, it works fine.
I am not sure if the ISP is correct, the flash ID detects fine but the read data are not right. That means the ISP pin I found still has some issue.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The pin I found on U401 does not give enough power for flash chip and thus can only detect the flash but not able to read data.