Netgear CG814CCRv2 donated by TUNDRA

This is to recognize people who had donate their device for testing.
usbbdm

Netgear CG814CCRv2 donated by TUNDRA

Post by usbbdm »

He even made a nice converter. I will update the xml soon.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:He even made a nice converter. I will update the xml soon.
Thank you Very Much Boss. Don't Know what would be of Us, Tester Junkies With Out you. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Here is the xml file. The name now use TCG814WGV28M.xml. Save it to the config directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Thank you Boss. Now Just need to ad to UJModem.
When ever you Have the Spare time. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

Tundra i see you in the chat room did you lost your way, are you was sleep walking.........lol..:D
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:Tundra i see you in the chat room did you lost your way, are you was sleep walking.........lol..:D
I think Both. LOL
ufo

Post by ufo »

usbbdm wrote:He even made a nice converter. I will update the xml soon.
Yes, a nice looking converter. Why don't you two make it available in the store here. These Netgear all-in-one dual WiFi/Modems speaks for themselves and will be in high demand now that capability for testing them will soon be possible thanks to you two.

Please check your PM Tundra.
themob

Post by themob »

Good Job Tundra!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ufo wrote:Yes, a nice looking converter. Why don't you two make it available in the store here. These Netgear all-in-one dual WiFi/Modems speaks for themselves and will be in high demand now that capability for testing them will soon be possible thanks to you two.

Please check your PM Tundra.
FYI Once you Load Test Firmware to it you Lose the WiFi. Theres Not Test Firmware Specificaly Made for it Not to Lose the WiFi.
ufo

Post by ufo »

TUNDRA wrote:FYI Once you Load Test Firmware to it you Lose the WiFi. Theres Not Test Firmware Specificaly Made for it Not to Lose the WiFi.
Thanks, I got ya.
floder2

netgear

Post by floder2 »

For this guide, you will need a couple tools and a couple pieces of software .

1. a torx driver: size t8
2. a Rs232-ttl converter or usb-ttl converter
3. a copy of putty
4. a copy of tftpd32.
5. the latest copy of haxorware . get it here

first unplug your netgear!!

now, remove the 4 torx screws that you find underneath the feet and remove the top of the case. so it

at this point you should connect an ethernet cable from the computer your working on to the netgear (any port will work )

now you are going to connect the 4 wires from your x-ttl converter to the 4 pin header

once you have have everything connected, fire up putty select "serial" from the lower left hand side
(note: if your using a usb-ttl converter change the COM1 setting to whatever com port your adapter is using)

once you have this configured, reselect "session" then under connection type, select serial, then hit the "open" button.

you now should have an open console window, plug in the power to your netgear and start hitting "p" on your keyboard.
the timing of this is kinda a bitch, it make take a few tries to get it right, but when you do you will be greeted with this,

Enter '1', '2', or 'p' within 2 seconds or take default...

Board IP Address [192.168.100.1]:

enter the following remembering to push enter after each completed line,

Board IP Address [0.0.0.0]: 192.168.100.1

Board IP Mask [0.0.0.0]: 255.255.255.0

Board IP Gateway [0.0.0.0]:

Board MAC Address [00:10:18:ff:ff:ff]:

Internal/External phy? (i/e)

after entering these values, you should be presented with the main menu,

Main Menu:
==========
d) Download and save to flash
g) Download and run from RAM
B} Boot from flash
e) Erase flash sector
m) Set mode
s) Store bootloader parameters to flash
i) Re-init ethernet
r) Read memory
w) Write memory
z) Reset

before preceding to the next step make sure you have done the following , unzip haxorware to c:\tftp,
set your network card to a static ip address of 192.168.100.10. have tftpd32 running with the work directory set to c:\tftp

now with putty window selected, push d, then enter the following information as shown below,

Board TFTP Server IP Address [0.0.0.0]: 192.168.100.10
Enter TFTP filename []: haxorware11rev39-DIAG.bin

assuming everything is setup correctly, you should see the following

Free store: a0b00000
Starting TFTP of haxorware11rev39-DIAG.bin from 192.168.100.10
Getting haxorware11rev39-DIAG.bin using octet mode
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................
...........................................................................................
Tftp complete
Received 1181285 bytes
Image 0 Program Header:
Signature: 3349
Control: 0000
Major Rev: 0001
Minor Rev: 0001
Build Time: 2009/9/9 01:37:02 Z
File Length: 1181193 bytes
Load Address: 80500000
Filename: ecram_sto.bin
HCS: 7cdb
CRC: bfda7d32

WARNING: Signatures do not match! Don't use this image!

CRC Verified

when asked for destination image, select "1", then select "y" to store the image.

you will then be returned to the main menu, select "d" again. re-enter the tftp
ip address and file name. after the file transfers again you will want to
select image "2" then "y" to store it.

congrats, your finished, reboot your netgear and enjoy your upgraded firmware.