mt1335/1339

XBOX NAND rad/write.
dmcbudman

mt1335/1339

Post by dmcbudman »

not sure if i should have posted this here, but it does involve xbox so here it goes

http://www.one-winged-angelz.eu/Photos/ ... Pinout.png

any way jtagnt can support this chip?
it is found in the dvd drive of xbox 16d4s
i know theres easier way to read the info, but like my case, i have one that has a busted pcb so i cannot access it
d0

Post by d0 »

I think they have SPI flash but I think that the SPI is by default locked, hence the whole process to get it unlocked. If you messed up the pcb in that process then it might be a problem.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

dmcbudman wrote:not sure if i should have posted this here, but it does involve xbox so here it goes

http://www.one-winged-angelz.eu/Photos/ ... Pinout.png

any way jtagnt can support this chip?
it is found in the dvd drive of xbox 16d4s
i know theres easier way to read the info, but like my case, i have one that has a busted pcb so i cannot access it
For the looks of it, It may very well be posible to read that with USBJTAG NT.
Maybe USBBDM may chime in to see what he thinks of it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
dmcbudman

Post by dmcbudman »

ak4d7 wrote:I think they have SPI flash but I think that the SPI is by default locked, hence the whole process to get it unlocked. If you messed up the pcb in that process then it might be a problem.
to read it you "only" have to send some specific spi commands to unlock it. (i think)
to write to it might not be possible without the unlocking you're speaking of.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

dmcbudman wrote:to read it you "only" have to send some specific spi commands to unlock it. (i think)
to write to it might not be possible without the unlocking you're speaking of.
If you have the command to unlock it let me know and I can try to make a test load for you to try it.
dmcbudman

Post by dmcbudman »

i just read a working drive i have with conventional methods and it doesnt appear to need unlocked for reading...but apparently only read certain parts of it.
but it does read the most important part (the dvdkey) without any unlocking.
also this is all thru sata, hardware spi might not be restricted (i have no clue what im talking about)
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep ... mNdfGn.php
has some info on the different areas of the flash (but doesnt show where the dvdkeyarea is)
but if you can get it dumped i can check it with my dumps and work out the offsets
dmcbudman

Post by dmcbudman »

well im kind of stuck with this
the power on the board is shorted so theres no power going to the chip
if i remove the chip which v+ pins do you think i would need
i guess ill start with pins 61,62&63 then start adding 3.3v/1.2v pins as i go
any have any suggestions please chime in

this is some small stuff to be trying to solder to the legs without a magnifier, so who knows i might edit this post shortly saying its a goner