The Reset Glitch Hack

XBOX NAND rad/write.
Locked
nahdude
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by nahdude »

usbbdm wrote:I have successfully played on JAM file on Altera 3064. Tomorrow I will try on Xilinx CPLD.

There is an issue the the current NT. The CPLD of the NT is built for programming CPU. While CPLD programming needs all the 16 JTAG states. Current NT only implement about half of the state, which is more than enough to access CPU.

In order to do so, another round of CPLD design on NT is needed. That means the current NT user might not be able to use the JAM player once it is released.

This is similar to ARM support. Earlier hardware cannot support ARM. The current user can have the option to send back for an upgrade.

It is too early to say the JAM is fully supported now. I will test a few more devices and then wrap it up and release it.
Was wondering if there will there be an option to upgrade existing NT through the online store? If not, what would be the best way to go about it? Thanks for the outstanding support!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nahdude wrote:Was wondering if there will there be an option to upgrade existing NT through the online store? If not, what would be the best way to go about it? Thanks for the outstanding support!
USBJTAG NT Will need to be Shipped Back to Get Tool Upgraded.
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:USBJTAG NT Will need to be Shipped Back to Get Tool Upgraded.
If you do not do Glitch, there is no need to upgrade the hardware. All other features works find on latest software.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:If you do not do Glitch, there is no need to upgrade the hardware. All other features works find on latest software.
What Excatly you Mean By Glitch?
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:What Excatly you Mean By Glitch?
I do not know. I think it is about glitch the XBOX.
justsomeguy
Junior Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:What Excatly you Mean By Glitch?
usbbdm wrote:I do not know. I think it is about glitch the XBOX.

now that is funny....its good that we know that you only need to upgrade if you glitch...but not knowing what the glitch even is just amuses me..but how is that for support!! the boss man dont know what the glitch is but even so it's still SUPPORTED!! man you can get better service then that!!:D the possibilities of this tool will NEVER end:cool:
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I do not know. I think it is about glitch the XBOX.
If you reffer to Glitch Like in thread Title I belive its means BUG. the title " The reset Glitch Hack " Suggest there taking Advatage of a BUG Very Different from say Glitching a Smart Card.

Soin Other words What you are saying Is For someone thats not going to Use tool to work On XBOX, then they dont need to Upgrade Tool?
justsomeguy
Junior Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:If you reffer to Glitch Like in thread Title I belive its means BUG. the title " The reset Glitch Hack " Suggest there taking Advatage of a BUG Very Different from say Glitching a Smart Card.

Soin Other words What you are saying Is For someone thats not going to Use tool to work On XBOX, then they dont need to Upgrade Tool?
he is not refering to glitching a smartcard like you said. yes indeed you are mostly correct in saying almost like a bug glitch. it's kinda just another way to screw around with the xbox (although i havent played with it as video games do not intrest me since i was maybe 15 and had a atari) lol....from what i've gathered anyways...and it seems that even if you play around with the xbox you still don't need to upgrade unless you want to play with this paticular glitch attack on it:cool:
man when i do end up upgrading my jtags i'm gonna have to spend some more $ on all the new toys we can play with to keep up to date with everything....i don't know how the boss man does it~:confused:
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

CAPONE wrote:If you reffer to Glitch Like in thread Title I belive its means BUG. the title " The reset Glitch Hack " Suggest there taking Advatage of a BUG Very Different from say Glitching a Smart Card.

Soin Other words What you are saying Is For someone thats not going to Use tool to work On XBOX, then they dont need to Upgrade Tool?
justsomeguy wrote:he is not refering to glitching a smartcard like you said. yes indeed you are mostly correct in saying almost like a bug glitch. it's kinda just another way to screw around with the xbox (although i havent played with it as video games do not intrest me since i was maybe 15 and had a atari) lol....from what i've gathered anyways...and it seems that even if you play around with the xbox you still don't need to upgrade unless you want to play with this paticular glitch attack on it:cool:
man when i do end up upgrading my jtags i'm gonna have to spend some more $ on all the new toys we can play with to keep up to date with everything....i don't know how the boss man does it~:confused:
LOL I KNOW THAT. ReRead the RED I was only saYing the term Glitching has different meanings Like in Glitching cart\ds Is Different from taking advantage of a Glitch as Suggested in thread Title. CLEARLY HE Is not talking about Glitching cards. :D :D :D
nahdude
Junior Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by nahdude »

CAPONE wrote:USBJTAG NT Will need to be Shipped Back to Get Tool Upgraded.
No problem there. What's the best way to start the process?

Should I include something in the return package?

That's why I ask if the option will be available through the online store.

Surely there will be some type of charge for the upgrade, no?

If not, then expect a donation!

Did you see what they're charging for the xilinx cpld jtag cable? Even the ebay china knock-offs are pricey!

usbbdm's work on the NT never ceases to amaze.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nahdude wrote:No problem there. What's the best way to start the process?

Should I include something in the return package?

That's why I ask if the option will be available through the online store.

Surely there will be some type of charge for the upgrade, no?

If not, then expect a donation!

Did you see what they're charging for the xilinx cpld jtag cable? Even the ebay china knock-offs are pricey!

usbbdm's work on the NT never ceases to amaze.
With out a Doubt. His Product is the Best in the market and His Support Is UnMatched.

The Best $ I ever Spent on this Hobby was for these Tools.
Koevoet
Junior Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:29 am

Post by Koevoet »

usbbdm wrote:If you do not do Glitch, there is no need to upgrade the hardware. All other features works find on latest software.
What about the ARM support etc , that will still need a hardware modification , so irrespective of the cpld support , people with NT's under serial#4000 will still have to send those back will they not ??

Regards
justsomeguy
Junior Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by justsomeguy »

nahdude wrote:No problem there. What's the best way to start the process?

Should I include something in the return package?

That's why I ask if the option will be available through the online store.

Surely there will be some type of charge for the upgrade, no?

If not, then expect a donation!

Did you see what they're charging for the xilinx cpld jtag cable? Even the ebay china knock-offs are pricey!

usbbdm's work on the NT never ceases to amaze.
Koevoet wrote:What about the ARM support etc , that will still need a hardware modification , so irrespective of the cpld support , people with NT's under serial#4000 will still have to send those back will they not ??

Regards
a simple search and you would have found this posted by usbbdm awhile back! i'm sure the ARM family has already been improved as this is a couple months old. this has been asked so many times guys..please do a search to try to find your answers before you post, as for how to contact...well that's a pretty easy one isn't it?:rolleyes: :

posted by USBDM:

The ARM family that tested are
ARM920
ARM926
ARM946
ARM966

ARM940 is not supported yet but can be easily added if I have the right target to test with.
If you need to upgrade for ARM or future PPC support, you can send back and do a upgrade for $25 + shipping. You will get a new serial number and new activation
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm
Junior Member
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm

Post by usbbdm »

OK. This thread is too long. Close it as suggested.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests